Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13053 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:39:37 »

TOWN are poised to make four new signings today, as two defenders, a midfielder and a striker arrive at the County Ground.

The Swindon Advertiser understands that ‘multiple announcements’ will come out of the County Ground this morning as Danny Wilson bolsters his squad ahead of tomorrow’s home game with Walsall.

Trialists Hamdi Razak and Jean-Francois Lescinel have accepted and will sign short-term deals until the end of the season after impressing for the reserves last week in a 6-3 win over Swansea, in which Razak grabbed a hat-trick.

And the duo will be joined by a centre-back and a midfielder, both on loan from Championship clubs, with Town manager Wilson hoping their experience will be vital in lifting his side away from the relegation zone.

Wilson has made no secret of his desire to bring in an old-head at the back to stabilise League One’s third leakiest defence.

And the incoming midfielder will add some much-needed steel to an area of the pitch where Swindon have found themselves frequently over-run this season.

Meanwhile, chairman Andrew Fitton denied national reports that Bolton Wanderers have made an offer for Simon Cox.

Town turned down a £500,000 bid for the front man 10 days ago, but Fitton revealed there have been no concrete offers since.

“I’ve heard the rumour as well and it’s one that has been doing the rounds for a while, but that’s as far as it goes,” he admitted.

“One or two clubs have expressed an interest in Simon, but there have been no further bids.”

So trialists + 2. How exciting.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:45:33 »

Yay.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:46:11 »

Wilson Out! Wink Fitton show some ambition.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:50:53 »

Kanuuu
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 08:51:49 »

No.

The Swindon Advertiser understands that more than one announcement will come out of the County Ground this morning...

I must be getting old.  Can't stand it when people butcher the English language - and even less so when the perpetrator is a journalist who is, presumably, being paid for his efforts.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:36:33 »

any rumours who the championship defender and midfielder are?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:40:05 »

Craddock I would say is one and the midfielder is from Reading and more a right winger than midfielder I would hazard a guess at. I hope its a central midfielder though but there has been a fair bit of talk about a right winger at Reading thats been on trial with us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:41:23 »

And the incoming midfielder will add some much-needed steel to an area of the pitch where Swindon have found themselves frequently over-run this season.

Dosnt sound like a right winger to me JJ
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:44:27 »

Reckon the adver have got it wrong ct
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:47:37 »

Fair enough.  Wouldnt be the 1st time recently would it.   I wish Richard Money had made these new signings earlier.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 09:50:15 by Colin Todd » Logged
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:09:31 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1532834,00.html

on the official site .

some kiddy from Reading and a chap called Greer from Donny

remember when signing people used to be exciting?

/
W56196272
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:12:35 »

No tough central midfielder then. Shame...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:19:39 »

Totally underwhelmed and uninspired.I see that Greer fits the pattern with many of our signings...injury prone.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:20:33 »

Robson Kanu sounds alright.   5 goals from 18 starts for saaafend from the Wing sounds encouraging

Greer must have something about him to have played most of his career at a higher level than L1.  Dosnt seem to have played much of late though. Apparantly good in the air though which is nice
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:21:47 »

Totally underwhelmed and uninspired.I see that Greer fits the pattern with many of our signings...injury prone.

Where you expecting anything more?  We're out of the relegation zone in L1 on goal difference . We've won once in 13 games.  We're not exactly an attractive proposition right now are we?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: