Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil vs. Swindon Match Day Thingy.  (Read 29210 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:38:54 »

what a total let down today was. we were shit, not one player had a decent game. amankwaah shouldnt be playing professional football, he simply cant control the ball, the very basics of the game. i still  cant understand how jack smith gets near the first team, an average conference player at best. nalis looked totally dead in the middle, and although played a few decent passes around, chased shadows for most of the game. i feel sorry for cox to be playing in such a poor team, he got no service today at all. if he leaves over the summer, then fair play to him. we really missed kanu going off, as he looks like the only bright spark we have. macca is too lightweight and is obsessed with stepovers and has little end result. phil smith kept us in it today with a few decent saves. i was also totally disappointed with us fans today as well. although a good turn out, we were silent from the first to the last minute. dont blame it on the lack of a roof or the shit performance, we all stood there numb for the entire game which really disappointed me. what a total let down, i was really looking forward to today.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:40:08 »

i thought we missed OJT today as well. Nallis does not seem up to pace. Yeovil were there for the taking and we did not turn up today. Amakwaah was the worst player on the pitch. Also Dv walked past ya earlier in the ground. liking the beard.

It even got its own song in the pub!

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:54:00 »

people are beng critical of our fans today,but you guys were part of it.
i might go next week, but if the weather is alright then i probably wont bother.i think i may well drift away from the stfc experience in the near future like i did in the mid nineties for a few years(only attended the odd game during those years)
i find it rather shit at the moment for a variety of reasons, and the motivation has all but disappeared to go to games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:55:46 »

Some of us were trying but its an open roof so everything just goes up.

Hard to keep an atmosphere in there.

Anyone got the number of fans we took?
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 23:01:24 »

we must have taken a fair few...i think the away end holds 1800 or so, which to me seemed fairly full. but out of that id say only 100-200 tried to make a go of it. today should have been OUR day, on the back of 3 good wins id expected a display full of confidence, but it seems we are back to square one

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 23:03:53 »

we must have taken a fair few...i think the away end holds 1800 or so, which to me seemed fairly full. but out of that id say only 100-200 tried to make a go of it. today should have been OUR day, on the back of 3 good wins id expected a display full of confidence, but it seems we are back to square one

We're not back to square one at all. We've won 3 of the last 4 FFS. Get a grip.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 23:40:19 »

i find it rather shit at the moment for a variety of reasons, and the motivation has all but disappeared to go to games.

Phew, I thought it was just me feeling like this...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Talk Talk

« Reply #322 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 00:16:45 »

I would rather just completely blank that 'football match' out of today's activities.

The rest was a great laugh.
Spencer_White

« Reply #323 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 03:52:41 »

Phew, I thought it was just me feeling like this...

Its alarmingly common.

I do think next season will be better though.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 06:09:18 »

I really hope that was just a bad day at the office.

Phil Smith - I don't really know whether he slipped for the goal or not, but he was left totally exposed by Greer not dealing with a long ball. Made some decent saves second half. And if the grey haired cunt in front of me slagged him off any more, I would have twatted him. 7.
Amankwaah - utter utter gash today. Should have worn a green shirt. I would have red carded him to get the fucker off the pitch today as we'd have been better without him. 0. (and that's generous).
Jack Smith - only slightly better than Wanky. Offered P Smith no options when playing from the back. 3.
Greer - mistake led to the goal, and he suffered for it. Poor game. 5.
Morrison - crocked by that cunt Forbes early. We were OK up till then. Hope its not too serious.
Nalis - who? jogged around a bit, but fuck all else. Shoot him and use him for dog food (its the French way isn't it?). 3.
Timlin - couldn't pass to a red shirt today. Poor game. 5.
HRK - didn't really do much, but we looked completely useless after he went off injured. 6.
McNamee - ran around a lot, lots of stepovers, quick feet, no end product. Playing on the right meant he was cutting inside all the time. Can't tackle and left Wanky exposed all the time (which they exploited big time). 5.
Paynter - little service, couple of opportunities, touch of a rapist at times which meant the ball kept coming back. Tried hard, little output. 6.
Cox - missed a glorious header with about 10 to play. Ran around a lot but nowt came off today. 6.

Ifil - well, just Ifil. Some good moments, some bad. Generally did OK and was better than Greer today. 6.
Kennedy - lost on the LW and offered no threat. A lot of the crowd got on his back too which IMO was off.He was poor though, but to pick on a young lad thrown in was not on. Wilson got it wrong with the positioning, and someone made the point earlier that it was an odd formation (DV I think). 4.
Pook - not on for long thankfully. Ran around a bit, did fuck all. 3.

I have to say I was expecting much more. The fans weren't all that today - poor effort IMO, very few songs, no sustained chanting and all I heard after 15 minutes was moaning.

Good to meet a few of you yesterday (jj - sound geezer, talk talk and I think STFC Dave in the pub, and probably more). Just feel disappointed today.

I'm 0 for 3 this season, and the good news is I'm not going to any more games this season.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:26:11 »

agree with everything you say here!

I really hope that was just a bad day at the office.

Phil Smith - I don't really know whether he slipped for the goal or not, but he was left totally exposed by Greer not dealing with a long ball. Made some decent saves second half. And if the grey haired cunt in front of me slagged him off any more, I would have twatted him. 7.
Amankwaah - utter utter gash today. Should have worn a green shirt. I would have red carded him to get the fucker off the pitch today as we'd have been better without him. 0. (and that's generous).
Jack Smith - only slightly better than Wanky. Offered P Smith no options when playing from the back. 3.
Greer - mistake led to the goal, and he suffered for it. Poor game. 5.
Morrison - crocked by that cunt Forbes early. We were OK up till then. Hope its not too serious.
Nalis - who? jogged around a bit, but fuck all else. Shoot him and use him for dog food (its the French way isn't it?). 3.
Timlin - couldn't pass to a red shirt today. Poor game. 5.
HRK - didn't really do much, but we looked completely useless after he went off injured. 6.
McNamee - ran around a lot, lots of stepovers, quick feet, no end product. Playing on the right meant he was cutting inside all the time. Can't tackle and left Wanky exposed all the time (which they exploited big time). 5.
Paynter - little service, couple of opportunities, touch of a rapist at times which meant the ball kept coming back. Tried hard, little output. 6.
Cox - missed a glorious header with about 10 to play. Ran around a lot but nowt came off today. 6.

Ifil - well, just Ifil. Some good moments, some bad. Generally did OK and was better than Greer today. 6.
Kennedy - lost on the LW and offered no threat. A lot of the crowd got on his back too which IMO was off.He was poor though, but to pick on a young lad thrown in was not on. Wilson got it wrong with the positioning, and someone made the point earlier that it was an odd formation (DV I think). 4.
Pook - not on for long thankfully. Ran around a bit, did fuck all. 3.

I have to say I was expecting much more. The fans weren't all that today - poor effort IMO, very few songs, no sustained chanting and all I heard after 15 minutes was moaning.

Good to meet a few of you yesterday (jj - sound geezer, talk talk and I think STFC Dave in the pub, and probably more). Just feel disappointed today.

I'm 0 for 3 this season, and the good news is I'm not going to any more games this season.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:39:58 »

at the end of the day the injuries really cost us, we were beaten by the better 11 on the pitch

end of

I hope the boys staying over tonight rip the fucking place up

My head hurts. I made lots of new friends.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:46:03 »

It even got its own song in the pub!

Sorry about that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #328 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 10:48:43 »

I think a few of us agreed that the only positive of yesterday was being able to smoke at half time. It was very reminiscent of Histon actually, because the fans were also quiet and the team couldn't string more than 2 passes together at times.

I just hope Wilson gives the players the bollocking they deserve and they bounce back to make amends.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #329 on: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 11:15:59 »

Personal highlight was Jayohaitchen suddenly realising Rich and Si are brothers....

I loved the fact he thought it was a big joke on him.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: