Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil vs. Swindon Match Day Thingy.  (Read 29198 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 19:58:55 »

Surely the loud and proud boys helped raise the crowd?

There was nothing Loud and Proud today in my opinion.  There were streamers at the beginning but that was it. 
flammableBen

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:02:31 »

Gazza and Alan should have gone dressed as cowboys
Spencer_White

« Reply #302 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:05:33 »

I could hear Swindon much more than I could hear Yeovil on the radio, so dont beat yourselves up too much about it.

Sounds like not too much to cheer anyway.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:07:47 »

My highlight of today was meeting STFC dave for the first time. I picked him up from within the prestigious walls of the University of Bath with high expectations - so when he came to me at half time and showed me how he'd managed to stick his hands together with a piece of chewing gum, I despaired somewhat (only joking Dave, but I had to tell this Cheesy).

Otherwise, yeah, very shit. Very disappointing, probably best not to linger on it.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:10:17 »

At least the bookies still believe we have the best chance of avoiding the drop!

Cheltenham 1/100
Hereford 1/10
Brighton 4/9
Yeovil 11/8
Crewe 5/2
Hartlepool 3/1
Leyton Orient 7/2
Carlisle 7/2
Northampton 7/2
Swindon 9/2

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:20:55 »

At least the bookies still believe we have the best chance of avoiding the drop!

Cheltenham 1/100
Hereford 1/10
Brighton 4/9
Yeovil 11/8
Crewe 5/2
Hartlepool 3/1
Leyton Orient 7/2
Carlisle 7/2
Northampton 7/2
Swindon 9/2

We had a chance today to keep a nice little gap between us and the drop line, and blew it....Yeovil v Northampton midweek, so somebody has to get points.

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:27:56 »

9 points from 12 is better than most of us thought we'd get.a loss today isn't a disaster
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:31:50 »

My highlight of today was meeting STFC dave for the first time. I picked him up from within the prestigious walls of the University of Bath with high expectations - so when he came to me at half time and showed me how he'd managed to stick his hands together with a piece of chewing gum, I despaired somewhat (only joking Dave, but I had to tell this Cheesy).

On a similar note a highlight for me was the second half burger bought by ISOB...which seemed to consist of no bread roll, two burgers, sandwiching a bit of bacon, smothered in the contents of a small bottle of brown sauce. Hardcore.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 20:49:46 »

Ok, now I've had my dinner I'll post a proper review...

Two players looked interested today. McNamee was running all over the park with no support and crap service, and Cox was doing something very similar. They both seemed to want the ball constantly, but the rest of the team were incapable of making space or playing an accurate pass.

Every time we got the ball forward we got stuck and had no options, we lost the ball, and somehow managed to find ourselves getting caught short at the back. I have no idea where the midfield was today.

Kennedy had a poor game, but I'd argue that Wilson should have played him LB, with Smith RB and Amankwaah on the right wing. Amankwaah was probably the worst player for us today. He looked lazy, apathetic, and generally like a Sunday League player.

We were hit hard by injuries early in the game, but that's no excuse for the lifelessness of the team today. Yeovil weren't very good, they just looked like they were actually willing to tput some effort in and for that alone they deserved the points.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:06:43 »

McNamee was running all over the park with no support and crap service,

Dont agree with that at all! He got the ball a fair bit and gave a shit ball to someone else or wasted it, or danced around the ball then lost it. Looked interested? You've got to be kidding

Come on YOU REDS!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:18:25 »

Yeovil were poor and we were worse.

Players were largly shit.

Phil Smith had a few decent saves and Ifil was well, Ifil. Come good tackles some quality defending and then hoofs into the corner which went to no one.

We gave away too much possesion.

Timlins had his 5 good games now its time for him to be utter shit for 5 games.

I hope HRK injury isnt too long term, we clearly missed him. We also missed OTJ in the middle.

Makes next weeks game with Crewe a must win. We still need 8 points and I wouldnt fancy us to pick up more than one on our travels. So have to beat Crewe and Orient.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:22:44 »

also, Wilsons choice of subs and the use of those subs was wrong today.

Kennedy the left back at left wing
Smith the right back at left back
McNamee the left winger on the right wing
Amankwaah the right wing back at right back

To me Smith to right back, Kennedy to left back, Amankwaah to right wing and McNamee to left wing made more sense.

Odd, that we've had Marshall on the bench alot recently and the one time we need a sub winger he is no where to be seen!?

....and when you're 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go in a relegation 6 pointer and you can only use one sub out of the following 3. Peter Brezovan, Michael Pook and Hamdi Razak. Michael Pool is easily the most illogical choice of them all. Seriously, what the fuck? The kid is non-league standard and a midfielder. That was fucking pointless, just like the whole of today really.

Personal highlight was Jayohaitchen suddenly realising Rich and Si are brothers....
Scot Munroe

« Reply #312 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:25:59 »

i thought we missed OJT today as well. Nallis does not seem up to pace. Yeovil were there for the taking and we did not turn up today. Amakwaah was the worst player on the pitch. Also Dv walked past ya earlier in the ground. liking the beard.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:31:15 »

I can't really add much than has already been posted. We were shit - clearly didn't want to win and Yeovil did.

Personally I thought that Paynter and Cox gave their usual effort but the rest of the team shouldn't have bothered turning up. Good turn out by the Town fans, although quiet but then it's rather difficult to raise any kind of noise for a bunch of cunts that clearly showed they couldn't be bothered.

Yeovil though not great, fought for every ball and should have won by more. I'm so pissed off
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:35:46 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 22:31:20 »

Ahhhh one of those games (we've had many of them this season) where we simply didn't raise our game enough and show that we wanted to win. We badly missed OTJ which is what worried me before the game if i'm honest. Losing HRK and Morrison was also a huge blow and we showed nothing throughout the game really. Just goes to show that when Cox and Paynter get the service they will do the job. Today they didn't get the service and although Yeovil were just as shit in some ways we deserved to lose.

I won't be losing sleep over it. We have to win 3 of our last 6 and 3 of them are winnable home games. Today was just one of them games. Still think we'll stay up.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: