Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mehdi Kerrouche  (Read 58110 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #285 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 20:10:22 »

Not that happy to be honest. Would have preffered him to go to a team who could have helped keep the Pox out of the play offs.

If they dont want him then they are stupid.

Kerrouche to give us all the background info on their tactics for our game on March 3rd?
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 20:22:00 by Spencer_White » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #286 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 20:21:02 »

I want pox to go up, provided we do. That way we get to play them and wind them up next season as well.

Plus, if Mehdi helps them to take points of those around us (I don't know who they have left to play), then that is a good thing for us. (Provided we keep on winning, of course)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 20:21:06 »

I like the signing. Good to see us allowing Kerrouche go to a mid table club with little to no chance of promotion. But hopefully he'll help them take some points off clubs that are competing against us higher up the division.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #288 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 20:54:38 »

Damned each way. If he does well he could be firing them well into the play offs. Does shit then we've still got a stroppy player on the books who will be harder to transfer.
Spencer_White

« Reply #289 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:03:01 »

I want pox to go up, provided we do. That way we get to play them and wind them up next season as well.

Plus, if Mehdi helps them to take points of those around us (I don't know who they have left to play), then that is a good thing for us. (Provided we keep on winning, of course)

Honestly dont understand fans who would like to their local rivals promoted. The shitter they are, the better it is for us.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:12:37 by Spencer_White » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #290 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:11:10 »

What's the point in having a rivalry if you don't get to enjoy it?

I'm not thinking of their benefit, I'm thinking of our benefit.
Spencer_White

« Reply #291 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:17:39 »

If fans have the reaction 'oh it would be nice to play Oxford, nice local game' I dont think you can call it a derby anymore. A derby is a battle for supremacy.  

There is no benefit to be had from real derby games if you lose. No enjoyment.

The rivalry didnt come out of nowhere, like we made it up for a bit of fun. It came about because STFC was a long established league team who had loads of fans from Oxfordshire before Headington United got in the league. Our attendances did suffer when the Pox had their best seasons in the early 80s.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:20:05 by Spencer_White » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:27:28 »

There is no benefit to be had from real derby games if you lose. No enjoyment.

A tad glass half empty innit?

What about the winning? And what about not having the opportunity to win if you don't play them? And is the possibility of losing not one of the best things about sport? It's what makes it all so exciting.

Might as well just leave it up to a panel otherwise, or perhaps we should have a rivalry with Supermarine.
Spencer_White

« Reply #293 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:49:22 »

A tad glass half empty innit?

What about the winning? And what about not having the opportunity to win if you don't play them? And is the possibility of losing not one of the best things about sport? It's what makes it all so exciting.

Might as well just leave it up to a panel otherwise, or perhaps we should have a rivalry with Supermarine.

Its only really exciting if its something thats grown organically from a genuine resentment on both sides. If you hope your rivals get promoted, are they really your rivals at all? Supermarine could be our rivals, if we ever came to play them regularly in League competition, but until then its not something you can make up out of thin air. I think fans of really heated inner cities would rightly see our rivalry with the Pox as tinpot if all fans felt that way? Its supposed to be high stakes, not a jolly up.

Being Leagues above them suited me just fine. Being a provincial league club, you have to try and cast a shadow on your rivals. Thats how you pack in more fans, and challenge on the national stage. Thats where the real glory is, winning Championships, winning trophies.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #294 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:53:07 »

Fucking blue scum
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 21:56:33 »

Thats where the real glory is, winning Championships, winning trophies.

When's the last time we managed that then?

I wasn't even born in 69
Dazzza

« Reply #296 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 22:25:52 »

You do know its not the bald stroppy Mehdi that we've sent to Oxford dont you?

It's the slightly camp one.

cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 23:00:16 »

Don't think much of the BBC website Swindon Town page - as well as being yellow there's a bloody great Poxford logo to illustrate the Kerrouche move story  Bad Mood
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #298 on: Thursday, February 9, 2012, 23:11:55 »

I thuoght DiCanio just thought he was a lazy cunt. What the fuck has he done to be sent down the A420 - shagged his cat? Its quite magnanimous of PdC to let the fucking peasants have some crumbs from our table.
There's no way back fro him now though - can't put on the red after the yellow. 
Spud

« Reply #299 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 00:15:07 »

Honestly dont understand fans who would like to their local rivals promoted. The shitter they are, the better it is for us.

Agreed. It's nice to play them once in a blue moon but that's as far as it goes for me.

There's not a fucking chance I'd want them to go up just so that we could have a regular derby. I really do miss the days of them being in the Conference/Blue Square Premier, being top at Christmas, talking of walking the league, only to finish outside the play offs at the end of the season. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: