Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38828 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:24:29 »

Risser has played less than eight matches for us.....people like yourself only look at the bad...

Wasnt it not you (it might not have been in fairness) that had written him off a few weeks ago claiming he'd had enough game time and proved he wasnt good enough.

Myself and Batch with the opposite views, fuck know what thread it was?

I've seen very little of him but I wouldnt compare him to Migz at all. Infact LS's Hewlett comment is more accurate, he's a Hewlett like player but better because only Pook was worse than fucking Hewlett - well maybe Howe to...oh and Prutton....
DRS

« Reply #346 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:27:01 »

From the 'Udders forum:

or

I know we made changes yesterday as well but all I'm saying is we met a team who possibly aren't as familiar as playing together as our lot.  Still it was a great result.

We made alot of changes ourselves and let's not kid ourselves either,the players they bought in would get into most league 1 teams.Yesterday to me was more than just beating a decent team i think we saw in 90 minutes just what the manager has given this team after a awful begining to the season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:32:47 »

Wasnt it not you (it might not have been in fairness) that had written him off a few weeks ago claiming he'd had enough game time and proved he wasnt good enough.

I've seen very little of him but I wouldnt compare him to Migz at all. Infact LS's Hewlett comment is more accurate, he's a Hewlett like player but better because only Pook was worse than fucking Hewlett - well maybe Howe to...oh and Prutton....

I never write players off...will leave that to others....certainly not after less than a dozen matches.
But hey ho we all have our views so thats fine by me....Risser will come good in my view and as i said his two goals have been pretty special.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:45:00 »

My last game was the Brsdford match so yesterday was most welcome. I thought right from the start that the match would be entertaining as League 1 is more open style of play. Lee Clark sounded up for it with his prematch comments but leaving a lot of first teamers out indicated how seriously he really was taking it. No matter with the changes to our team I thought that would make it an open even contest. The only player not to shine was the Spainsh winger. Kennedy had an excellant match as did most of the others. Danny Ward has certainly beefed up since I last saw him and didn`t really get in to the game but my reckoning.

Most enjoyable and deserved win come on the Red Army.

Bathtime
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:47:21 »

Nice to see The People have improved their reporting on us.

Picture of De Vita in the report and it says .... New Swindon star Mehdi Kerrouche celebrates.

I can see how theyve got it mixed up, i mean both players are white
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 14:45:40 »

...PS. What have you done to break Danny Ward?!

Danny hasn't started many games because I think he's been carrying an injury to be honest. Plus not being in the team in a settled sense has taken the edge off him. Plus Gary Roberts play so well has made it hard for him! Certainly at the end of last season the lad was on fire but. I think I'm correct in saying he's one for the future, he's still young, he's very skilful and he needs to develop his whole game further.

So, far from 'breaking' Danny Ward the lad's at a transition stage and he's having to learn new things. I'm convinced he will! He's young, he's eager to learn and he will improve himself. I reckon in two years time Danny Ward will be looking to progress to a much higher level - I only hope it's with us!

AceT(HTFC)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #351 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 15:15:14 »

He's definitely got enough to be a top league one player. A future talent for a higher division maybe, but he needs regular games to fulfill that in my opinion.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:08:24 »

Another upshot from yesterday's win is that I assume Liam Ridehalgh will now be able to play for Swindon Town in the FA Cup.

Wonder how Ridehalgh must be feeling today?! Did enjoy the "you should have signed for the Swindon" chants to Danny Ward!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:20:29 »

A banterous rendition of Liam what's the score? this weekend then surely?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 16:20:44 »

Eh what, did we?

I think I disagreed with Arriba in that I didn't think some players had played enough to be judged. Can't remember what else though.

On Risser, I thought he was steady on Tuesday, grew into the game yesterday, but has not done enough to force his way into the starting 11,

And the difference between Migs and Risser is that a fit Migs proved himself at a much higher level and was a class aboved. Not seen that from Risser at division 4 level yet.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 17:35:33 »

i'm not going to write him off but rissed did nothing yesterday to change the opinion i have formed of him in the games i've seen him in so far.

yesterday he was close to making many challenges and somehow failed to win the ball, when he did win it he was mostly too slow to retain the possession he'd just won and gave it away.

he looks as though he's just not athletic enough and maybe his brain is working faster than his body can.  in my opinion smith needed to come on 20 minutes earlier than he did and risser should have been the one to make way.

those 'nearly' challenges would have been actual challenges if it were smith making them.

like i say, i want him to come good because i'm not one of those fans who feels like he has to hate one of our players so there's someone to blame things on but from what i have seen he isn't good enough at the moment and that is in no small part down to smith simply being better than him.
Spencer_White

« Reply #356 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 17:56:58 »

Yesterdays game was fantastic. Best cup performance Ive seen from Swindon for years. Shame the crowd was a bit down, but the ones that were there really responded to the display.

I think there were plenty more who watched in pubs and on streams. Fingers crossed for 1000 more on our average next home game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 18:02:12 »

That attendance seemed well light based on what I could see from my DRS seat. The numbers seemed to be well up on Tuesday, more than 1000 more. But people say the TV showed the wings of the DRS were quite sparse so I guess that explains it. Bit disappointing.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 18:06:09 »

It kind of hits home why some prem teams have really shite away followings when they can get every 3o'clock saturday game streamed for free in their local boozer.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 18:12:47 »

That attendance seemed well light based on what I could see from my DRS seat. The numbers seemed to be well up on Tuesday, more than 1000 more. But people say the TV showed the wings of the DRS were quite sparse so I guess that explains it. Bit disappointing.

The attendance was a bit strange, would have thought that a high flying club from the league above would have been a big draw, especially one that scores a few goals. If I hadn't already planned on Aldershot at the end of the month I would have been up like a shot, must confess tho that as planning went I completely forgot about the FA Cup   Embarrassed

Besides I had to be at home to record it  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: