Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38535 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #360 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 18:17:39 »

Id estimate the Town End had around half the usual number for a league game in there, and the wings of the DRS were very sparse.

The atmosphere is often better when you have a few less in the ground, especially in the 'sitting areas'. I guess people are a bit less worried about shouting in someones ear if there is a bit more space. Would love to see us open the Stratton Bank to home fans, even if there was only 300 on there it would change the whole dynamic of the ground.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #361 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 18:25:12 »

Yeah I was one of the people who stayed at home and watched on the internet. It was a choice between yesterday's game or the JPT and given I was going out on Tuesday anyway, made sense to do that game.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:00:53 »

Eh what, did we?

I think I disagreed with Arriba in that I didn't think some players had played enough to be judged. Can't remember what else though.

On Risser, I thought he was steady on Tuesday, grew into the game yesterday, but has not done enough to force his way into the starting 11,

And the difference between Migs and Risser is that a fit Migs proved himself at a much higher level and was a class aboved. Not seen that from Risser at division 4 level yet.

Course not...as i keep saying he has only been here 6 odd matches!!!!!!!!!
Migz was shocking in his first season with us....due to lack of fitness and injuries and like Risser many fans didn't rate him at that time....hence my camparrison.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:22:56 »

Migz was like a lower league Michael Ballack when fit.

Agreed,remember him in that cup match at Leeds and he oozed class,all i am saying is that it took time and patience before we saw the best of him,and how about giving Risser the same time at least...he has played nine scoring two.
This time next season would be a better time to judge....Paolo has shown that anyone not good enough wont play so he must see something in him that maybe us fans havn't yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 19:54:02 »

Eh what, did we?

I think I disagreed with Arriba in that I didn't think some players had played enough to be judged. Can't remember what else though.

On Risser, I thought he was steady on Tuesday, grew into the game yesterday, but has not done enough to force his way into the starting 11,

And the difference between Migs and Risser is that a fit Migs proved himself at a much higher level and was a class aboved. Not seen that from Risser at division 4 level yet.

We had the same view which was the opposite view of Leefer who said all our players had, had ample game time.

Course not...as i keep saying he has only been here 6 odd matches!!!!!!!!!
Migz was shocking in his first season with us....due to lack of fitness and injuries and like Risser many fans didn't rate him at that time....hence my camparrison.

Migz played 45 out of the 51 games we played in his first season here. His best season injury wise.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 20:08:36 »

The goals are available on the itv website.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/matchhighlights/2011-12firstroundhighlights/
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 09:37:06 »

Our match report of the 4-1 victory is now up....

http://thewashbag.com/2011/11/14/the-fa-cup-swindon-put-the-terriers-down-and-out/

Devizes_Red

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 12:27:41 »

I went up to the game with my folks, took the opportunity to treat them to a Swindon game for my Dad's birthday.  I had a good feeling going into the game as the last time I got them up to the County Ground we demolished Leeds 3-0.

All I can say is that every single Town player done the club proud on Saturday, a terrific team performance and one that made me very proud to be a Swindon fan.  I was also delighted that it showed my folks how well we play football now under PDC.  I am pretty sure they think I talk rubbish when I say how enjoyable it is going to football at the County Ground these days.  The old dear was more interested in watching PDC and saying how much she missed watching John Moncur whilst the old chap was still talking about the game this morning - Jackpot!

Forza Swindon!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 12:51:30 »

Watched the game with Cib from here and a few Hudders fans, 2 of whom were unashamed sex tourists, in Osheas in manchester. Was great to see yet another good performance from us on the Telly, can't remember the last time I saw us play poorly on tv. I'm loving seeing the unity in the team this season after what was clearly a very divided dressing room last season, was just saying to Cib that Flinty should be getting on the end of more set pieces just as the cross came in for the 1st!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 14:23:57 »

I notice ITV had a side swipe at PDC by making reference to Morecombe then saying "and talking of comedians, Paolo Di Canio's swindon town entertained huddersfield at the County Ground..."
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 14:48:24 »

I notice ITV had a side swipe at PDC by making reference to Morecombe then saying "and talking of comedians, Paolo Di Canio's swindon town entertained huddersfield at the County Ground..."

I noticed that as well.  What a bunch of cunts ITV are.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 18:21:39 »

Watched the game with Cib

So that's why Alessandro Cibocchi wasn't in the squad... Manchester sex tourism!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 20:27:39 »

Better, non ITV, highlights here :

http://www.thefa.com/video.aspx?bcpid=61747221001&bckey=AQ%7E%7E%2CAAAABqi8H-k%7E%2CgG6o9IHMK6zE6X7Gy8ogWcE0SDaDfSAE&bclid=61007868001&bctid=1273498673001

Nice flick on by Risser for the equaliser...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 20:32:29 »

We had the same view which was the opposite view of Leefer who said all our players had, had ample game time.

Migz played 45 out of the 51 games we played in his first season here. His best season injury wise.

Sadly though not form wise....he admits that himself......anyway my mane gripe is that these fuckwits who are slagging Risser after 9 odd matches......probably the same people who were slagging De Vita after 4 matches.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, November 14, 2011, 20:45:45 »

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/facup/matchhighlights/

Scroll down on the right of the page to find Swindon v Udders.

Nice highlights and the aftermatch Paolo interview.................Love it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: