Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38812 times)
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:39:49 »

A major plus for me is that the fringe players have stepped in and cut the mustard.  Esajas, Kennedy, Risser and Connell all put good shifts in plus we have Jervis, Devera, Magera and Ridealgh to come back too.  The squad is looking really strong and this will be crucial.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:43:58 »

Just looked at those highlights. Was Kerrouche offside for the 3rd?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:45:12 »

Cannot believe we are in the draw for the next round.
For me the good thing was i really dont think Huddersfield played to bad at times,was just that we played with discipline and belief.
Also lets not under estimate how much a good cup run will help us financially......it will be a good Sunday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:53:07 »

Possibly, and it was definately a foul on the keeper by Easyjet for the 4th but the ref gave them and thats all that matters!

I thought Udders didnt play too badly to be fair, they worked well and have a few good players, McDermott and Roberts especially played quite well, they are just not brilliant at the back and needed a good striker and the game could have gone either way, but it didnt  and thats all conjecture and we are in the bag for the next round, happy days!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dozno9

« Reply #334 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 10:57:37 »

No, although I did wonder yesterday. You can pause the video just as Easyjet passes the ball with Kerrouche in picture, he's level.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:04:24 »

What a good week it has been....we've had to wait a while, but let's enjoy it while we can...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:08:18 »

Cannot believe we are in the draw for the next round.
For me the good thing was i really dont think Huddersfield played to bad at times,was just that we played with discipline and belief.
Also lets not under estimate how much a good cup run will help us financially......it will be a good Sunday.
Totally agree with Leefer, I thought 2-1 at half-time flattered us a bit and we were at times hanging on, but the second half was awesome, we never let them settle, hassled and harried at every opportunity and took our chances when they came along.  Udders only really had two chances all game, took one and Wes made a good save from the second, we created six good chances (twice the ball was fizzed across just out of reach of an incoming player) and took four of them.  Nice to see Kerrouche, Easyjet and Risser stay out on the pitch shaking the hands of the disabled supporters at the end, nice touch that and appreciated by those who stayed behind to applaud them.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:09:27 »

I don't get the Risser hatred. Yes, he's not the most gifted player, but he wasn't that bad. Did a job today.

Someone said he was blowing out of his arse as well. Not true, was still getting around the pitch well at the end.

Agree,just feel that he is struggling to come to terms with the pace,he reminds me of Migz.....looks really good at times and others very poor.
Wasn't great yesterday but lets not forget the good stuff in his locker...ie the two thunderbolts he has scored this season.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:35:49 »

Reminds you of Migz?! Miglioranzi was fantastic player who could make time for himself and pass the ball with flair and accuracy... Risser can do none of this. He reminds me more of Matt Hewlett, but slower and marginally better in the air mainly due to a height advantage.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 11:49:59 »

Reminds you of Migz?! Miglioranzi was fantastic player who could make time for himself and pass the ball with flair and accuracy... Risser can do none of this. He reminds me more of Matt Hewlett, but slower and marginally better in the air mainly due to a height advantage.

Risser has played less than eight matches for us.....people like yourself only look at the bad...he was instrumental in us beating Wimbledon.....he has a good shot like Migz and i feel he will be a better player with time on the ball which he wont get in lge 2.
Also believe me i saw Migz have some right stinkers......good player when he was fit....like Risser will be.
Was only a few matches back that everyone except me was shouting De Vita down.....give the bloke a chance he has only been here five mins.
How can you judge a player who has played around 6 odd games......granted he was poor yesterday but so was Ritchie in my eyes but no one slags him.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:01:20 »

Possibly, and it was definately a foul on the keeper by Easyjet for the 4th but the ref gave them and thats all that matters!

Ha ha hadn't noticed that before but that was a great foul by Easyjet!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:11:01 »

Risser has played less than eight matches for us.....people like yourself only look at the bad...he was instrumental in us beating Wimbledon.....he has a good shot like Migz and i feel he will be a better player with time on the ball which he wont get in lge 2.
Also believe me i saw Migz have some right stinkers......good player when he was fit....like Risser will be.
Was only a few matches back that everyone except me was shouting De Vita down.....give the bloke a chance he has only been here five mins.
How can you judge a player who has played around 6 odd games......granted he was poor yesterday but so was Ritchie in my eyes but no one slags him.

See, he scored a decent goal against the Dons, but for the most part i thought the game passed him by and he seemed to avoid the ball or mark the ref (like Pook used to do). It's strange how people see aspects of every game differently. Apart from his two goals, I don't think he's looked worthy of a place in the team ahead of Ferry, Smith, McCormack or even Timlin if we had him back. I know 6 games isn't much, but you have to 'judge' on something, and that's just what I've done.

FWIW i think Ritchie has been nowhere near our expectations this season, aside from a couple of nice strikes. He's not had the impact we'd all hoped for, and not just because sometimes he's pinpointed as a threat.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:21:30 »

You on drugs.......we pissed on a team that had alot of quality players....name me the players they had missing bar Rhodes?

From the 'Udders forum:

People are forgetting we've made 8changes here..

or

7 isnt it? Woods, Miller, Roberts and Novak all started the last match

I know we made changes yesterday as well but all I'm saying is we met a team who possibly aren't as familiar as playing together as our lot.  Still it was a great result.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #343 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 12:27:19 »

The People also say we got Kerrouche from the Oman 2nd Division.

I thought it was the United Arab Emirites myself.

Makes me think they're deliberatley making mistakes to piss us off.

It was the Omani league, Al-Oruba is in Oran, something which wasn't picked up on at all when we signed him. Probably due to the obscurity.

I noticed the Beeb commentary of the Wimbledon JPT game was all over the shop too. For example Ritchie was referred to as Caddis.
nochee

« Reply #344 on: Sunday, November 13, 2011, 13:05:26 »

From some young bird off twitter.

Swindon win 3 times in a week...Oxford lose 3 times in a week. I didn't know Carlsberg was in charge of the football this week

Just a little bit brilliant Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: