Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 43613 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:29:28 »

what's knoyle's injury?
has mcGlashen been ill?

playing Carroll on the right can be consigned to 'emergencies only'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:31:09 »

what's knoyle's injury?
has mcGlashen been ill?

playing Carroll on the right can be consigned to 'emergencies only'

Na there was no real mention about the Knoyle stamp or any squas illnesses. Just said House has a dead leg all week.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:34:15 »

oh. right.

knoyle and Anderson were excellent first half. we were the better team throughout when they had 11.

when down to 9 Lincoln defended well made it hard, but we spent too long cocking about passing right, central, right, central, right.

that said, enjoyable game and a point is better than I hoped for.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:35:43 »

Lets face it. We've taken 4 points from two potentially and historically difficult ties.
Always a rollercoaster and I'd love to know what Doughty's beef is.

You get ties in cup games, not league games as far as I'm concerned. The Macc game was crucial... had that gone west, which at one point with Vigs muffing a clearance, looked distinctly possible and had Lincoln held on we'd be 7 points off the drop zone atm.  Happily we've avoided that.

Doughty's beef is probably Salt Bae's gold leaf job, much loved by footballers....

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:40:45 »

Or Doughty has just not been playing well and acting like a stroppy cunt on the pitch?

May be a case of Rose in, Doughty out then. Shame. Doughty is the sort of player this club should be keeping - one of the few. He may be disillusioned with things at the moment - aren’t we all?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:43:16 »

We were the better team, even before the sendings off. Vigs cost us today. We need a goalscorer.

This totally.  

A decent goalscorer and we'd have won that.

Too much fannying around with square passes on the edge of the box as well.  Just get the damn thing in the box.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:49:55 »

Know what your saying Frigby but if he doesn't want to be here then he could create a bad environment in the dressing room, rubbing off on younger lads. That said, if he focuses on it being his job to help get us up the league. If his personal desires continue to be stronger than the task in hand then unfortunately, we should sell. Especially if someone like Danny Rose is willing to come here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:50:06 »

This season, we have only dropped 2 points from being in front all season which was Crawley back in August, fact fans!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:51:23 »

The faffing about on the right was frustrating. Carrol just looks like he doesn't like crossing. Shame, because he put some decent balls in when he felt like it. He floated in a beauty that Wollery(?) should have finished on around 80 minutes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 17:56:35 »

This season, we have only dropped 2 points from being in front all season which was Crawley back in August, fact fans!

We haven't been in the lead that often... only 2 sides Notts and PV, have conceded more than us at home, only 5 sides have score fewer at home... this is where our problems lies, and Wellens is yet to find a solution.

Interestingly our last 3 games which have involved a side going down to 9 have ended 2-2,  on 2 occasions it was us conceding late when trying to hang on at Crawley and Lincoln... happily this time the shoe was on the other foot.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:00:53 »

Town seemed like they wanted to put the perfect ball in. Whilst Knoyle did really well on the overlap in the first half we didn't put the ball in first time and it was laid back to McCourt or Taylor to put it in.

In hindsight I'd have gambled and put McGlashan on for Carroll when they were down to 9, but that's very easy to say.

If our defenders could work out how to play Akinde we wouldn't have found ourselves 2-0 down.

At the start of the game I'd have taken it...can't be too unhappy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:20:26 »

Played well first half. Vigs is shit and I won’t be upset if/when he leaves

Played well second half until Lincoln went down to 9 and hunkered down even more  than they had before. From then on it was stupid playbfailing to adjust to the situation for a lot of the time

I think the ‘faffing’ side to side was the right thing to be doing in that situation - keep working the ball, be patient and wait for the space to appear. Instead we would get fed up and put a pissy little cross in which the defenders would gobble up

Surprised Taylor wasn’t moved into the middle once they went down to 9, as he might have been able to craft something.

Things get better but they never get good
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:21:56 »

Doughty on the wireless.

Butthurt because he hasn't started the last two games.
Now banging on about he expected to be where Lincoln are.
Had offers to play in L1.

Sounds to me like he thinks he's bigger than the club and doesn't want to be here. Was saying quite a few nice things about Lincoln. Well fuck off to Lincoln then if you don't want to be here. If he goes we get Danny Rose to fill his role. No need for billy big bollocks if he's going to spit his dummy out.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with his attitude. Clearly he is one of the better players in our team and is frustrated at how poor the season has been. Ultimately he came here believing Swindon would compete for promotion but most people would agree that we are a midtable team at best.

He is clearly a player who can play at a higher level and we should be building a team around him to get the best out of him. He’s probably frustrated as he’s played at a higher level where the overall set up is more professional.

Ultimately it was his choice to sign for Swindon but I guess he’s regretting it now which is a shame.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:25:34 »

^^^^^ this ^^^^
Flashheart

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 18:26:22 »

I think the ‘faffing’ side to side was the right thing to be doing in that situation - keep working the ball, be patient and wait for the space to appear. Instead we would get fed up and put a pissy little cross in which the defenders would gobble up

This has crossed my mind as well.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: