Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hull (+2) v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30466 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:14:55 »

Was that the game where Mildenhall got his knackers removed

Yes😩

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:24:29 »

Didn't realise Ndah played as many as  87 times for wolves after leaving us.
N'Dah was a truly great player for us hampered by injury, probably the fastest player who could actually dribble and finish that I have seen at the club ever. Not a great scoring record but he scared defenders when he was running at full pelt.

Such a shame about his injuries ending his career though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:35:55 »

The 1995/96 season was really special and some great away performances and days out. Rovers at Twerton, the Blackpool promotion weekend, sealing the title at Chesterfield and a sunny day out at the old Gay Meadow.

I felt it went wrong for McMahon when he broke up that side a bit too early. Letting Shaun Taylor go to City when he had plenty of life in him. The problem was he replaced them with a lot of dross or good pros like Alan Mcdonald or Brian Burrows whose best days were behind them.

Selling the Chief was a big blow that 97/98 team and it went rapidly downhill. The Stevenage Cup loss was the sign it was up for McMahon but Rikki Hunt was belligerent in keeping him on into 98/99 when it turned nasty.

One thing McMahon said was that Swindon were outperforming being a Championship club. At the time fans were unhappy at mid table slides to just staying up. He was probably right based on where we have been this century.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:36:24 »

One game vs Hull that lives long in my memory is the 3-0 win in the McMahon title winning season, this will remind Town fans how well we could and did play under the arrogant one before it all turned sour a year or so later, at onepoint in the game we kept the ball for 5 minutes without letting Hull touch it to the cries of Olé! ringing round the ground.

The chances we created we could have scored 8 or more the 2nd goal by Grant on loan from Everton was sublime.

Hull were very very poor that day in a season they ended bottom of the league and we were top...how roles have changed this season!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:48:33 »

First game of the season at. Boothferry Park. We won 1-0. Shay Given’s debut. Minibus got bottled on the way out, had pint pots chucked at us getting to said minibus.

Good days!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:51:40 »

One game vs Hull that lives long in my memory is the 3-0 win in the McMahon title winning season, this will remind Town fans how well we could and did play under the arrogant one before it all turned sour a year or so later, at onepoint in the game we kept the ball for 5 minutes without letting Hull touch it to the cries of Olé! ringing round the ground.

The chances we created we could have scored 8 or more the 2nd goal by Grant on loan from Everton was sublime.

Hull were very very poor that day in a season they ended bottom of the league and we were top...how roles have changed this season!

Thanks for sharing.

Love the intensity and quick movement of the ball. There always seemed to be options and players ahead of the ball.

O for something like that today and for the rest of the season.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 12:51:55 »

I remember that game! Fuck I'm old like you cunts.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:01:09 »

First game of the season at. Boothferry Park. We won 1-0. Shay Given’s debut. Minibus got bottled on the way out, had pint pots chucked at us getting to said minibus.

Good days!
Taylor was like a personal bodyguard to Given that game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:01:37 »

I remember that game! Fuck I'm old like you cunts.
This moment just now....

scillyred

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:05:43 »

You ever dance with the devil? Smiley

I met him in his days of watching Swindon when I worked at the club, nice bloke, came from around Cirencester way IIRC.

We have had a few celebrity fans over the years but alas none with a spare amount of funds to buy the club, we do need an Elton John figure as he did at Watford Smiley can somebody please get Ed Sheeran to come support Swindon Cheesy

When I lived in Harwell, Cozy was my next door neighbour and we used to go to matches together.
Most times we went in his Ferrari, which was both fun & at the same time very scary  Cheesy
Normally, in true Swindon fashion the journey was more enjoyable than the match.
Top bloke - died much too young  Sad
Peter Venkman

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:06:36 »

Thanks for sharing.

Love the intensity and quick movement of the ball. There always seemed to be options and players ahead of the ball.

O for something like that today and for the rest of the season.
We played some quite brilliant football at times that season for sure, the Chief was exactly what we could do with now if Sheridan persists on playing how he is, but target men like him are few and far between to say the least.

Quality players and great football.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:37:55 »

Sheffield United and Swindon double.. 152/1  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:45:27 »

It was indeed Paul Allen, great bloke and great player, what a team that was with Walters bombing down the opposite wing from Allen.

I’m not sure if it was a widely used nickname or just what my Dad and the people sat around us used to call him but we referred to him as Taz because when he got the ball he ran through the opposition like the Tasmanian devil.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:47:40 »

I’m not sure if it was a widely used nickname or just what my Dad and the people sat around us used to call him but we referred to him as Taz because when he got the ball he ran through the opposition like the Tasmanian devil.
Yeah the players used to call him Taz too for certain, he was like a little whirlwind and full of energy which wasn't bad for a player in his mid 30s at the time.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 13:51:33 »

Is it odd that I'm quite looking forward to this on iFollow? Games we expect to get stuffed are much easier to watch than ones we need to win.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: