Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hull (+2) v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 30038 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 20:43:02 »

The Angel of Death - how apt from that album where we have him in charge Wink
Decent album from one of the all time greatest bands.
Watched them live a few times - Lynott, Gorham, Robertson and Downey the best line up.

Did you know Cozy Powell was a Swindon fan?
Grew up in my Village, cracking bloke and played football with us kids.

Lizzy were one of my favourite groups as a young lad.  Renegade is an underrated album.

Yeah, I had heard Cozy supported STFC. I had forgotten that he died over 20 years ago.

Nothing to see here
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 20:49:18 »

Happy days Dukey all 10 minutes of it😁

Very happy to say my eldest brother was one of the mascots for that game ( one of his pressies for his 50th birthday) He says one of the best moments in his life. Wore white daps 😁 .. he’s always been a classy guy.
The rest of the day and night were complete carnage ! Happy days
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 20:51:26 »

Very happy to say my eldest brother was one of the mascots for that game ( one of his pressies for his 50th birthday) He says one of the best moments in his life. Wore white daps 😁 .. he’s always been a classy guy.
The rest of the day and night were complete carnage ! Happy days

Great story and memories forever 😃

So, give no fucks
digby

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 21:09:56 »

Absolutely, in Muckys 2nd season we played some great flowing football and swept every team aside pretty much with ease. It was his difficult 4th season that the problems started!

Mc Mahon was responsible for me falling out of love with STFC - a brainless thug sent off in his first game in charge.
The sale of Fjortoft for no reason and for a miserly fee was the signal for me to vow I'd never go to another game with him in charge, and I didn't !  Suicide
In fact, I got out of the habit, found other things to spend my money on, and the self imposed exile lasted about 8 years. It was only my kids wanting to go to footie that got me back into it !

I feel disillusioned now with Sheridan  Bad Mood, but nothing like back then, and I'll certainly not turn my back on the Town again !
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 21:16:24 »

Mc Mahon was responsible for me falling out of love with STFC - a brainless thug sent off in his first game in charge.
The sale of Fjortoft for no reason and for a miserly fee was the signal for me to vow I'd never go to another game with him in charge, and I didn't !  Suicide
In fact, I got out of the habit, found other things to spend my money on, and the self imposed exile lasted about 8 years. It was only my kids wanting to go to footie that got me back into it !

I feel disillusioned now with Sheridan  Bad Mood, but nothing like back then, and I'll certainly not turn my back on the Town again !

Embleton & Williams took a lot of stick towards the end so imagine the poisonous atmosphere we would get aimed at Sheriden if crowds were allowed in to witness the current shite on display

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 22:22:56 »

He wasn't a particular nice bloke on and off the pitch but for a while we did play some exciting football especially when Mark Walters was on fire

Loved watching Walters, a joy.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 22:40:41 »

I forget who it was now, but I'll never forget the game (under McMahon) where our player on the right wing went past their player, and then went back so he could do it again. Right in front of us in the Shrivvy road stand, the crowd was loving it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 22:57:07 »

This has already turned into the best MDT ever and we are not at match day yet..  Imagine what it is going to be like once we ship 6 tomorrow, with Curran getting MOTM

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 23:14:35 »

I went on two pre-season tours to Finland. The contrast between the two managers - McMahon and Gorman - was at opposite ends of the scale. Gorman was a gent, McMahon was so distant as to be almost invisible. That’s not to have a go at him for his character because that’s who he was, and he wasn’t obliged to be chummy with a geeky fan. He delivered some success (a brilliant championship season) but, typical to STFC, it didn’t last. Gorman failed but is remembered affectionately, McMahon’s reign is pretty much remembered negatively and with some bitterness.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 23:19:35 »

I forget who it was now, but I'll never forget the game (under McMahon) where our player on the right wing went past their player, and then went back so he could do it again. Right in front of us in the Shrivvy road stand, the crowd was loving it.

Paul Allen?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 23:20:47 »

This has already turned into the best MDT ever and we are not at match day yet..  Imagine what it is going to be like once we ship 6 tomorrow, with Curran getting MOTM

Imagine getting moaned at for derailing one of the most fixed of threads that folk come to for info about the match...  Cheesy

*coughs whilst disguising the word "hypocrisy" just not very well*

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 23:25:47 »

Imagine getting moaned at for derailing one of the most fixed of threads that folk come to for info about the match...  Cheesy

*coughs whilst disguising the word "hypocrisy" just not very well*
It’s not all about you. Cool your boots, man.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 23:40:32 »

It’s not all about you. Cool your boots, man.

Boots are cool fella. Socks are firmly on as well. Wasn't talking about me and I am/was clearly having a laugh.

Do most of you Southerners not get dry humour? Thought it was just the Yanks  Pint

Think some of you need to reassess when you think I'm being serious. Ironic that you then take the interpretation of me being serious by being serious yourselves?  Hmmm

Although I do think it's only fair when hypocrisy or double standards come into play. Fairs fair after all. Can't have it both ways.

By the time Town have kicked off tomorrow we'll have discussed whether Ranulph Fiennes is capable of ascending the summit of Mount Everest again - or not  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 11:35:54 »

The Angel of Death - how apt from that album where we have him in charge Wink
Decent album from one of the all time greatest bands.
Watched them live a few times - Lynott, Gorham, Robertson and Downey the best line up.

Did you know Cozy Powell was a Swindon fan?
Grew up in my Village, cracking bloke and played football with us kids.
You ever dance with the devil? Smiley

I met him in his days of watching Swindon when I worked at the club, nice bloke, came from around Cirencester way IIRC.

We have had a few celebrity fans over the years but alas none with a spare amount of funds to buy the club, we do need an Elton John figure as he did at Watford Smiley can somebody please get Ed Sheeran to come support Swindon Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, January 30, 2021, 11:38:15 »

Paul Allen?
It was indeed Paul Allen, great bloke and great player, what a team that was with Walters bombing down the opposite wing from Allen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: