Pages: 1 ... 3965 3966 3967 [3968] 3969 3970 3971 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9094772 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59505 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 12:09:52 »

An option will be non-negotiable. We will hold the cards when an option is exercised.
You should know by now that what the club says isn't always 100% the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We've had 'options' before that were actually first refusal subject to agreeing a wage for example.

I guess in that case somebody else held the registration. We do this time

I hope this has all been agreed up front, but it's not 100% certain that it has
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59506 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 12:19:01 »

You should know by now that what the club says isn't always 100% the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We've had 'options' before that were actually first refusal subject to agreeing a wage for example.

Its like when they said we had a deal to sign Joe Tomlinson on loan with a view to buy at an agreed price

Then they said we couldnt afford it!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59507 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 12:25:32 »

Like that yeah.

I could see a scenario where we have agreed a deal in principle at (e.g) 10k a week.

They wouldn't have lied!

I guess we'll see soon enough. If it's legit achievable then it should make the club cash.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #59508 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 12:39:07 »

Its like when they said we had a deal to sign Joe Tomlinson on loan with a view to buy at an agreed price

Then they said we couldnt afford it!

Didn’t Peterborough want 250k though? And let’s not forget he was injured on and off for basically two years straight. I don’t blame the club for not buying him.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59509 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 12:44:57 »

The problem is you cant trust what has been said, are we sure they have all been released on a free transfer ?

How do you just take over a contract, not heard it done before, surely if they was released on a free transfer we would have been able to sign them and agree a contract, as we just was not allowed to pay any fee's for a players,

Would a player would miss out on a signing from us just taking over the contract, is that a thing at L2 level ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59510 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:42:20 »

Didn’t Peterborough want 250k though? And let’s not forget he was injured on and off for basically two years straight. I don’t blame the club for not buying him.

Dont think it was that much wa sit?

Franchise wanted 50k for Kemp at the start of the season by all accounts
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59511 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:24:00 »

And yet they took on two players with Heart Conditions at the same time, one of whom hadn't played a competitive (not even professional) game in three years.  I very much doubt the injury record had anything to do with the decision making process.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59512 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:26:02 »

My hunch is you might be close - it's likely an option to offer, but probably a get out for the player if we don't match the existing contract value they moved over with.  Just stops other clubs from approaching them in the meantime, but the player can probably wave goodbye once we offer reduced terms.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59513 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:49:36 »

I’d have thought with the players we got in January there is a non negotiable option to extend their current contract by a year - which would have been clearly stated in the contract they signed originally. That’s how I’ve always taken contracts with a one year extension in them to be.

It’s not offering them a contract or sitting down and negotiating a new contract - it’ll just be ‘we are automatically extending your contract by a year’ which will then mean we’ll look to sell in January before they become valueless…
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #59514 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:51:14 »

And yet they took on two players with Heart Conditions at the same time, one of whom hadn't played a competitive (not even professional) game in three years.  I very much doubt the injury record had anything to do with the decision making process.
Very different though, these heart conditions will mean an out of contract player will be on a hell of a lot less than Tomlinson was with a contract behind him. I certainly wouldn't have paid based on his injuries at the time
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59515 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:53:38 »

Also, you definitely have less choice of players available to sign on a free in late March…regardless of anything else.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #59516 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 07:49:07 »

One of my theories around the January bonanza of taking over the contracts of quite a few promising young players was to potentially drive up/cement the club sale value as they count as assets, especially as we didn't pay any fee for them too.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59517 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 07:53:23 »

One of my theories around the January bonanza of taking over the contracts of quite a few promising young players was to potentially drive up/cement the club sale value as they count as assets, especially as we didn't pay any fee for them too.

Wasn’t it just because we didn’t have any other options though, because we couldn’t pay transfer or loan fees thanks to Clem’s admin error.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #59518 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 08:01:35 »

Wasn’t it just because we didn’t have any other options though, because we couldn’t pay transfer or loan fees thanks to Clem’s admin error.
Not necessarily. We let Kinsella go for £0 and also signed Drinan in the same manner. Some teams do look to offload more experienced players on the fringes and may not have demanded a nominal fee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59519 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 08:21:06 »

But it does limit your options. Not like we are paying a fee for transfers mind.

In any case gunning is playing the experience card now, and the fans forum PowerPoint presentation on player maturity acknowledged we have a big gap between Charlie Austin down to everyone else.

People know what we need. Will it be addressed with sufficient quality and age? We'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 3965 3966 3967 [3968] 3969 3970 3971 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: