Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29677 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:28:13 »

Alan Buckley and Tommy Tynan, those fuckers always seem to score against us when I was a lad.

I played against him once (Tommy Tynan). I was playing for Whitbread Luton and he was playing for Whitbread Pub managers South West. In the "Whitbread Trophy Trophy"

He was by this time, what you would call a "chunky fucker" if you were being nice. He was playing in midfield, and I was told to man mark him and kick him off the park.

He scored 3 and I got a black eye from a very professional use of the elbow.
He was a great laugh in the bar though, especially when I told him I was a Swindon fan.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:29:49 »

Tynan?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:30:26 »

Whoops just saw the brackets. I blame the beer
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:32:22 »

You're not going mad, I added them later !
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:32:43 »

Meanwhile, at Bradford v Sheff Utd, this wasn't a penalty or a card of any sort

https://vine.co/v/ObAiTBiWzL2

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:50:45 »

Alan Buckley and Tommy Tynan, those fuckers always seem to score against us when I was a lad.

Bucko....yes scored 9 v STFC in 12 games, mostly for Walsall. Tynan surprisingly only 5.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:53:48 »

You're not going mad, I added them later !

I did wonder, but it doesn't say it's been edited.  And I have drunk a fair bit
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:10:44 »

Richard Cadette was another. Generally fucking useless but seemed to put it in the net against us. Remember Sheff Utd at 11:30 or some other stupid time. Shit game and he scored the only goal. Scored for Southend against us a few times. My memory could be shit though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:36:29 »

Richard Cadette was another. Generally fucking useless but seemed to put it in the net against us. Remember Sheff Utd at 11:30 or some other stupid time. Shit game and he scored the only goal. Scored for Southend against us a few times. My memory could be shit though.

In fact Cadette only scored against us in that game....someone who used to annoy me was Lloyd Owusu, he scored 5 against us...the one v Sheff Weds being greeted by a chap who jumped out of the TE to have a word with him.

But particularly annoying was a Yeovil winner at the CG....now Lloyd was a big old boy, who on this occasion had his head wrapped up Terry Butcher style, after a head clash, so difficult to miss really....so wtf did we leave him unmarked 5 yds out from a corner?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:00:19 »

I do love the ref clearly seeing it and shaking his head saying no. 

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 01:41:06 »

But particularly annoying was a Yeovil winner at the CG....now Lloyd was a big old boy, who on this occasion had his head wrapped up Terry Butcher style, after a head clash, so difficult to miss really....so wtf did we leave him unmarked 5 yds out from a corner?

Ithink this was the infamous game on TV where Best Holdings were announced as new owners wasnt it.

Jim Little
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 06:28:17 »

Ithink this was the infamous game on TV where Best Holdings were announced as new owners wasnt it.

Jim Little

Read and weep.

The Washbag: Jim Little

One of the sorriest tales ever to be told about our club.
Spud

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 08:17:16 »

Read and weep.

The Washbag: Jim Little

One of the sorriest tales ever to be told about our club.

£50,000 for Hasney Aljofree. Fucking hell!
Spud

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 08:38:05 »

Judging by how the Bradford fans were on twitter after the defeat Vs. us. They would probably say that it was never a penalty!?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 09:08:35 »

Awful first half and terrible midfield.

Did Obika touch the ball.....balls never got near the forwards.

Better second and we maybe could of won it....Byrne came alive and the slightly heavy touch and the decision to take a touch when put through twice cost him a goal.

ref was utter shit for both sides....how was the black forward chap not booked....?

Um Bongo was fucking hopeless today as were a few of them.....they improved second half and we could of won it...looked most dangerous after the red card.

Yeovil? Long season ahead but I think they will have enough in the tank. I wouldn't like to watch that every week.

Enjoyed a pint in the Arrow and catching up with Herthab and JJ... herthab throwing his pint all over the bar was a sight to behold.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

First half was the worst I've seen us play this season, Yeovil stifled us in midfield and our forwards weren't even in the game. Much better 2nd half and could've won it. The ref was dogshite.
Nice to see Flash and JJ and nice to see the celery making another appearance.

It was great to catch up with FLash and Herthab in the Arrow despite the beer throwing, but with your Foderingham like reflexes saved most of it Wink

The game was truly a game of 2 halves.

1st half we were poor, chasing a bigger, stronger, faster team than we had, jaded midfield off the pace, Kasim, Luongo and Louis barely kicked the ball, one attack from Bell with a great cross was all we offered, after that Bell had a mare.

A little too much passing back to Foders when a slightly more forward pass was on, yes I know its the way we play but some touches by Foders looked suspect....but he made 2 of the finest saves I have seen in years one at each end of the pitch.

Jordi Hulahoop (Flash®) had such pace and quick feet against us, only a saving tackle from Nathan saved us when he was clean through, although he couldn't hit a barn door at 2 foot.

For their goal Jordi rounded the defence and Foders to pass the the inevitable Hayter to slot in en empty net, probably justified.

2nd half we outplayed them, when the ball was on the ground they couldnt cope with out passing, mostly down the right with Byrne who was a changed man 2nd half who tore them a new one against a very poor left back.

The goal was a good team goal, ball played down the right to Stephens who took the ball past their defence like a winger and crossed for Williams to slot it in the top corner. Brilliant.

Nathan then got sent off for being fouled and holding onto the ball...yes it was silly after being booked earlier but it was no way a booking as he was fouled first by the big and pretty dirty Yeovil side, Honkytonk summed them up...agricultural, and a typical Johnson side.

A draw was a good result, any away game that you don't lose is a good result but we could easily havs snatched it late on even with 10 men, their keeper who looked fairly shaky didn't have a save to make until about the 80th minute (after getting nowhere near Williams goal).

Still the rain stayed away and there was a good if fairly quiet Swindon following and the return of celery, I havent seen that at a Swindon game since the Macari days.

Oh and a special mention to the Ref...who was determined to ruin a poor game, but he was as bad for both sides to be fair.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 09:10:31 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: