Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29372 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 21:47:01 »

Atyeo was, of course, a Wiltshireman  

We got our own back in the 1960s signing Donald from Paulton, Somerset, deep in City territory

Yes  

They got Danny Bartley...who was more or less contemporary of Don, from the same pit village. Also an England Youth International....Bartley did 90 games for Bristol before stints with Swansea and Hereford, like Don, Bartley was a winger, just not the goals.

Bartley did 17 years from 65 to 82. Once the pits closed so did the footballers
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 21:49:41 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 07:01:52 »

I've thought of a post war player who has more than 9 against us...and painfully it is Gentleman John Atyeo with 10.

We weren't much good in the 50's....and the old Bristol City tended to take advantage, however they were still mostly resolutely Div 3 despite Atyeo's goals...and he was good enough to be capped by England.

Atyeo was, of course, a Wiltshireman  Sad

There maybe a post war player to top 10....I'll keep thinking about it  Smiley

My old teacher from Warminster....I was big mates with his son back in the day....still am with one of his son in laws.

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 07:18:28 »

He deliberately handled the ball. Obviously being blatantly fouled you could understand why, but the ref didn't give it so ...

I honestly can't see a deliberate handball and I've watched it 5 times. I assumed that's what he gave but jeez.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 07:54:46 »

Was going to put this in one of the other threads, but thought I might as well stick it here.

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Yeovil-tramp-marries-badger-admits-active-sex/story-23261283-detail/story.html#TBfFrd8GCyh4ayY8.01

Makes me wonder how the Star gets away with simply making up stories.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 09:02:37 »

I honestly can't see a deliberate handball and I've watched it 5 times. I assumed that's what he gave but jeez.

I presume that referees may have been warned about N.Thompson's habit of falling over onto the ball when under pressure as he appears to have been punished for this quite often recently hasn't he? McCormack used to do it a lot as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 10:05:55 »

It's all been covered really.

Shite first half, better second (especially as Yeovil tired). Yeovil are dross and I can see them going down again.

The celery stuff was good fun. Particularly as we took an aussie lass to her first ever game, and she found it quite amusing. Even got a 'celery selfie'.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: