Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mcarlisle matchday thread  (Read 19871 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:50:06 »

i looked on the bbc stats after 20 minutes and we had 63% possession, madness. it levelled to almost 50:50 after 90 minutes though.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 03:41:07 »

Just got back...

We were the better team i thought until Carlisle scored then we did not look like we would ever score.

Started in the pub at 9 got the coach at 11 back in the pub at 530. Bloody annoying to go that distance and lose 3-0. Was a great day though all in all bar the result.

Also it was nice to get a letter from the club thanking the 150 or so Town fans for going as well as a ticket and a winter hat for going. Fair play

Off to bed now.... shattered.
sonic youth

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 08:08:44 »

fair play to those of you who went. i'd probably have driven if i wasn't skint.

fair play to the club for the tickets and merchandise hand out as well.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 10:23:50 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Just got back...

We were the better team i thought until Carlisle scored then we did not look like we would ever score.

We were the better team until they scored their second goal. Our approach work was very slick but we couldn't make real chances because the final ball was lacking or the strikers couldn't hold it up and lay it off.

Their first was against the run of play. A poor attempt to clear it by Comminges fell into their strikers path with no central defender near him (Byrnes talked of positional problems). The second was another positional cock-up with Comminges standing outside the area gesticulating instead of tracking his man who scored. The third was a header from 3 yards with Brez flapping.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 13:44:05 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
fair play to those of you who went. i'd probably have driven if i wasn't skint.

fair play to the club for the tickets and merchandise hand out as well.

Does anybody know which game these are for? Last night I heard it was Huddersfield, once it has been rearranged, but the OS says its the Hartlepool game.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 13:49:07 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Hat's off to Ash/Spencer/Dex and the rest, you certainly made some noise in the first half until one of your lot got dragged out. Although, if you're going to take your shirts off, at least be a bit imaginative and write something on your chests.

:shock:  Shocked
Oh my God!They going to die of hypothermia or man flu which ever strikes first Sad

Not really fair to inflict their pale bodies on the population of Carisle either Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 14:02:51 »

Fair play to those who went, and its pleasing to hear we did atleast do ok for some of the game! All is not lost!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 15:07:53 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Hat's off to Ash/Spencer/Dex and the rest, you certainly made some noise in the first half until one of your lot got dragged out. Although, if you're going to take your shirts off, at least be a bit imaginative and write something on your chests.

:shock:  Shocked
Oh my God!They going to die of hypothermia or man flu which ever strikes first Sad

Not really fair to inflict their pale bodies on the population of Carisle either Wink

We did have a message written on our chests, it was a message of support for Mullett who wasnt allowed time off from teh post office after hed bought his train tickets

We were all battered to be fair

strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 15:10:20 »

i didnt get a hat

we played alright

we were never going to get anything out of it

carlisle is rank, the locals could've been a bit more accomodating to say the least

officially blacker than the night.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 15:14:39 »

Was a laugh tho, what a truely dodgy place!

I want a hat

Sheffield Red

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 17:13:39 »

Think Byrne a bit harsh on the players. We actually played quite well first half and although a bit overrun in the second we were down to ten men after another harsh sending off.

The most pleasing thing was we kept going and worked hard to prevent a heavier defeat towards the end. Was a bit worried that heads would drop after everything that has gone on but to be fair attitude was good as it was on Saturday when we had to dig deep after going behind.

Its crazy to talk about relegation in the same way that talk of promotion was overly optimistic earlier in the season. At the end of the day we have mostly beaten teams below us and mostly lost to teams above us. Put simply Carlisle have better players than us at the moment although doubtless we would be stronger if at full strength. Arguably we had 6 players who are in the first X1 unavailable last night and only 3 players started who started the season at Northampton.

Given all the turmoil a mid table finish with a run in the FA Cup which looks very achievable at the moment would be a very good season and something to build on.

Firstly though we need the takeover to go through, the embargo lifted, and a new manager (preferably Cotterill or Ling) who can provide us with some much needed stability.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 18:06:47 »

Quote from: "Sheffield Red"
Think Byrne a bit harsh on the players. We actually played quite well first half and although a bit overrun in the second we were down to ten men after another harsh sending off.

The most pleasing thing was we kept going and worked hard to prevent a heavier defeat towards the end. Was a bit worried that heads would drop after everything that has gone on but to be fair attitude was good as it was on Saturday when we had to dig deep after going behind.

Its crazy to talk about relegation in the same way that talk of promotion was overly optimistic earlier in the season. At the end of the day we have mostly beaten teams below us and mostly lost to teams above us. Put simply Carlisle have better players than us at the moment although doubtless we would be stronger if at full strength. Arguably we had 6 players who are in the first X1 unavailable last night and only 3 players started who started the season at Northampton.

Given all the turmoil a mid table finish with a run in the FA Cup which looks very achievable at the moment would be a very good season and something to build on.

Firstly though we need the takeover to go through, the embargo lifted, and a new manager (preferably Cotterill or Ling) who can provide us with some much needed stability.
:goodpost:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: