Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 69821 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 22:54:49 »

surely the Adver can just tell him that they won't print it? after all, it's got nothing to do with STFC at this point if he's contesting the events depicted in an article by the Daily Mail and Andrew Black's personal tweets.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 22:56:43 »

Haha, the Adver will be loving this. They have to sell papers, this ain't going to harm that (IMHO).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 23:03:16 »

i thought i'd feel worse about us being a total laughing stock. instead i'm kind of enjoying it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 23:04:56 »

i thought i'd feel worse about us being a total laughing stock. instead i'm kind of enjoying it.

I would like us to move on but I think I'm in the same place at the moment. In a week or so? Probably not.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 23:08:55 »

I love our club.  I love its ridiculous colourful fucked up history.  Mental Paolo is just another part of it.  Im also enjoying it. 

We'll look back in 3 weeks time when Mike Newell or some dull twat is in charge and wish for the old days.  We do swing wildly between wanting a razzle dazzle celeb manager like Paolo or the dwarf Wise and a boring workman like duffer like sturrock.

Grass is always greener an all that.

Never knowingly overstated.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:32:26 »

Paolo's probably got legals all over everything, doubt he's just making statements for a laugh. He's not the total idiot we sometimes make out. He has a reputation to uphold if he wants to get a new job. God knows if he intends to pursue anything like constructive dismissal.

We sort of have two sides of an argument, god knows which is right, probably both and neither to some degree.

I'm not sure he's helped himself by entering the County Ground at 1 in the morning...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:38:39 »

Unfortunately for him, the last two weeks are likely to have more bearing on Paolo's employment prospects than the last two years. Sometimes, he really needs to see beyond the the last perceived insult to his honour.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:40:21 »

Poppycock, PDC would easily be able to get a job from Championship level and below, no problem at all.

Most people prefer to meet and interview people before offering jobs, not take second hand opinions and media views on them as fact.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:54:55 »

Poppycock, PDC would easily be able to get a job from Championship level and below, no problem at all.

Most people prefer to meet and interview people before offering jobs, not take second hand opinions and media views on them as fact.

I didn't say he won't get another job, but "easily" I'm not so sure. I would venture that only a small minority of chairmen will put him on a shortlist. And to be fair, there are plenty of facts available for them to consider.

For someone who believes he has the talent to be one of the best in the world, I suspect his next job won't move him as fast up the ladder as he will expect.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:58:38 »

I'm going to start using the word 'poppycock' on a regular basis - at least 3 times a day Cool
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:02:12 »

It's not a bad word to embrace OST.

I get your point Red Frog, but feel for all his ego, he's worth getting in as he is one of those managers that can change the mentality of a club from top to bottom, and when he took over here, we all know we needed that.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:06:24 »

I didn't say he won't get another job, but "easily" I'm not so sure. I would venture that only a small minority of chairmen will put him on a shortlist. And to be fair, there are plenty of facts available for them to consider.

For someone who believes he has the talent to be one of the best in the world, I suspect his next job won't move him as fast up the ladder as he will expect.

Sadly I agree. His genius management credentials will be challenged by the high maintenance unknown "what next" outbursts.

I for one think it will be a sadder place without him.

A very successful period on the pitch for sure.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:16:36 »

Well, you know I never bought into the Dux revolution. I won't deny the shock treatment rebuilt the club, but for all he dynamised and drove us forward, he also divided and ruled, spent someone else's money wildly and risked some costly legal actions.

Like Black says, he saw no need to manage upwards, and he'll have trouble finding many boards that will accept to be subordinate to him.

Anyway, I'm not looking to rekindle an old argument - just idly pondering what comes next for PdC.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #403 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:29:14 »

I think the new board should just give him his fucking job back and write this all off to experience.

And TBh this is what we have come to expect from Paolo, its how he is.

Lets give him the job back and get back to winning promotion again, this is tedious and bringing ridicule to him and the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:33:01 »

I wouldn't read too much into things, since when has logic been associated with appointing managers, get a chairman who is desperate to be popular with fans and imagine Paolo would be high up list.

To those who say fans have turned against him quickly is I think over simplifying things, I loved what he did last season taking a shambles of a club, kicking it up the arse and making us proud again, but this season he just seems to have disappeared up his own arse a little and got a bit tedious. Not sure if winning championship at first attempt ( great achievement but not convinced that many other managers could't have done also with budget and support he got) didn't help as he seemed to think that he was bigger than the club.

The outbursts against the board, the whining about money when he knew what the budget was but had spent anyway just began to bore me, as did the interviews which were all 'I achieved this, Paolo achieved this, this is all down to PiC! Don't know if anyone listened to the interview with Phil Parkinson about Bradford getting to the final, he was talking about getting the club back on feet etc and discussing how this was about all the club pulling together to achieve this and it just made me think if that had been Paolo it would have been entirely about how he got the club there!

And then the departure this week, after all the talk of loyalty to do it like that just makes me feel duped and that it was all for him and not us, seemed desperate to remain the story and bugger all else.

Would I have him back, probably but fear it won't be the same again. It has made me look closely at how I feel about him.. The falling out with McCormack has been brushed under the carpet, but if the other events hadn't happened this week many who are saying he must stay would be saying he has lost the dressing room - do the players want him back? If he comes back I remain gravely concerned about an Agent having so much control over our transfer policy and how much that costs us.

Paolo it was great but you let us down.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: