Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 68893 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:39:47 »

I wouldn't read too much into things, since when has logic been associated with appointing managers, get a chairman who is desperate to be popular with fans and imagine Paolo would be high up list.

To those who say fans have turned against him quickly is I think over simplifying things, I loved what he did last season taking a shambles of a club, kicking it up the arse and making us proud again, but this season he just seems to have disappeared up his own arse a little and got a bit tedious. Not sure if winning championship at first attempt ( great achievement but not convinced that many other managers could't have done also with budget and support he got) didn't help as he seemed to think that he was bigger than the club.

The outbursts against the board, the whining about money when he knew what the budget was but had spent anyway just began to bore me, as did the interviews which were all 'I achieved this, Paolo achieved this, this is all down to PiC! Don't know if anyone listened to the interview with Phil Parkinson about Bradford getting to the final, he was talking about getting the club back on feet etc and discussing how this was about all the club pulling together to achieve this and it just made me think if that had been Paolo it would have been entirely about how he got the club there!

And then the departure this week, after all the talk of loyalty to do it like that just makes me feel duped and that it was all for him and not us, seemed desperate to remain the story and bugger all else.

Would I have him back, probably but fear it won't be the same again. It has made me look closely at how I feel about him.. The falling out with McCormack has been brushed under the carpet, but if the other events hadn't happened this week many who are saying he must stay would be saying he has lost the dressing room - do the players want him back? If he comes back I remain gravely concerned about an Agent having so much control over our transfer policy and how much that costs us.

Paolo it was great but you let us down.

Each to their own. I just think this is apessimistic view.
Flashheart

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:40:34 »

I think the new board should just give him his fucking job back and write this all off to experience.

And TBh this is what we have come to expect from Paolo, its how he is.

Lets give him the job back and get back to winning promotion again, this is tedious and bringing ridicule to him and the club.

They've tried JJ.

Either that or Jed is lying on twitter
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #407 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:47:50 »

They've tried JJ.

Either that or Jed is lying on twitter
I just want it all sorted now mate, its just damaging the club the longer this goes on.

In many ways I wish Paolo would accept he has gone and we can all move on, but a part of me still wishes he would reconsider his position and get back to the job he started.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbasher

« Reply #408 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:03:50 »

Whatever your own personal opinions on the last few weeks and indeed the last year and a half, the crux of it all is Paolo has gone. In life as most of you know the general rule of thumb is you don't go back. To a job, a relationship etc, etc. It very, very rarely works out.

Pretty much to a man or woman we have all cried or been anguished over something that was so, so good yet ended so badly,however, PDC's exit, could and should have been so different, has come to pass. He's not coming back and the new board should waste no time, effort or energy in seeking to do so. That time, effort and energy should be used to find a quality and worthy successor.

Having like everyone given considerable thought as to how this car crash happened and who was to blame, I draw a blank every time because all the main protagonists ought to stand up and take responsibility in some shape or form. That said I keep coming back to the same conclusion that he went because he had NO CONTROL over the events unfolding before him. You'd not be surprised if Paolo was afflicted with OCD, was or is a megalomaniac, had dictatorial tendencies and so on. All fits the bigger picture.

No control, that is my view. Otherwise I'd end up like him over analysing things and tying myself up in knots trying to unravel the events leading up to his demise.

Time to move on, look forward and gain promotion. Then and only then afford if you like some reflection on what might have been. Three points today matters more than Paolo. He got paid did his job and left we are where we are and it is what it is now.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:11:55 »

I really can't see him coming back. In my opinion we wouldn't have hired interim coaches if we thought there was a chance he could return. The owners would have probably just gone without for a few days knowing he and his staff would be back on Monday. To me it suggests they are going to go through a proper application/interview process which will last a week or 2.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:19:57 »

Rehire him, sit back and enjoy back-to-back league wins, watch him depart in the summer to West Ham covered in glory and this little spat all forgotten and then we can appoint Solskjær.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #411 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:33:56 »

Rehire him, sit back and enjoy back-to-back league wins, watch him depart in the summer to West Ham covered in glory and this little spat all forgotten and then we can appoint Solskjær.
Now thats something i can agree with
fatbasher

« Reply #412 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:55:03 »

Whatever your own personal opinions on the last few weeks and indeed the last year and a half, the crux of it all is Paolo has gone. In life as most of you know the general rule of thumb is you don't go back. To a job, a relationship etc, etc. It very, very rarely works out.

Pretty much to a man or woman we have all cried or been anguished over something that was so, so good yet ended so badly,however, PDC's exit, could and should have been so different, has come to pass. He's not coming back and the new board should waste no time, effort or energy in seeking to do so. That time, effort and energy should be used to find a quality and worthy successor.

Having like everyone given considerable thought as to how this car crash happened and who was to blame, I draw a blank every time because all the main protagonists ought to stand up and take responsibility in some shape or form. That said I keep coming back to the same conclusion that he went because he had NO CONTROL over the events unfolding before him. You'd not be surprised if Paolo was afflicted with OCD, was or is a megalomaniac, had dictatorial tendencies and so on. All fits the bigger picture.

No control, that is my view. Otherwise I'd end up like him over analysing things and tying myself up in knots trying to unravel the events leading up to his demise.

Time to move on, look forward and gain promotion. Then and only then afford if you like some reflection on what might have been. Three points today matters more than Paolo. He got paid did his job and left we are where we are and it is what it is now.

Expect some form of legal action just to keep things on the boil and interesting...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:06:02 »

With all trace of his time at Swindon now removed (all pictures removed) there is no chance he will be coming back... He burnt his bridges and proved that he puts himself before the club and the fans and is incapable of standing by the rules he expects everyone else to follow....

Good bye and good riddance you self centred egotistical narsissist... I would have backed all the way if you had just kept your gob shut, managed your players and let the new board deal with the situation.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:07:46 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:37:14 »

With all trace of his time at Swindon now removed (all pictures removed) there is no chance he will be coming back... He burnt his bridges and proved that he puts himself before the club and the fans and is incapable of standing by the rules he expects everyone else to follow....

Good bye and good riddance you self centred egotistical narsissist... I would have backed all the way if you had just kept your gob shut, managed your players and let the new board deal with the situation.

EEEK. Quite a statement.

Did PDC take one of the rollers with him?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:40:28 »

Nice contrast to all the hero worshiping going on.
nochee

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:40:45 »

I like this a lot.

I was gutted when he left, now he should stay away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:43:23 »

While I'd love him back I can see why a lot wouldn't, and as Rosco said, he has only got himself to blame.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:49:59 »

There's a worrying little divide forming at the moment with the supporters. I hopefully everyone will reach common ground and support the club.

1. PAOLO IS GONE THE WORLD IS OVER - I WILL DEFEND EVERYTHING HE DOES
2. Thanks for the memories Paolo, but please let us all move on...
3. PAOLO IS 'ORRIBLE - GOOD RIDDANCE
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:00:00 »

There's a worrying little divide forming at the moment with the supporters. I hopefully everyone will reach common ground and support the club.

1. PAOLO IS GONE THE WORLD IS OVER - I WILL DEFEND EVERYTHING HE DOES
2. Thanks for the memories Paolo, but please let us all move on...
3. PAOLO IS 'ORRIBLE - GOOD RIDDANCE

4. Paolo is gone, I'm pissed off he left us in the lurch, but would take him back provided the players still want him.

The situation needs resolving one way or the other. To be honest its in Jeds court. The "we tried to contact him/didn't want him to leave/will talk to his agent' could be heartfelt straight talk, or keep the fan happy BS, but until its closed off then its going to continue to cause unrest.

I do think the fans will be united in support today though regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: