Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 68872 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:06:37 »

Option 2... option 4 is fraught with the difficulty in my view that Paolo's authority (and any fear factor he had), with the players, has been fundamentally undermined if he returned. It's no longer a case of continuing where he left off.

This is it in a nutshell.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:12:31 »

Option 2... option 4 is fraught with the difficulty in my view that Paolo's authority (and any fear factor he had), with the players, has been fundamentally undermined if he returned. It's no longer a case of continuing where he left off.

Probably. What bothers me most is it would be a case of do as I say, not as I do. He talked about other people running away, and ditched anyone not 100% committed but seems to have done the same.

I'd still go 4, but I can see 2 perhaps could be the right thing to do.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 16:01:08 »

With all trace of his time at Swindon now removed (all pictures removed) there is no chance he will be coming back... He burnt his bridges and proved that he puts himself before the club and the fans and is incapable of standing by the rules he expects everyone else to follow....

Good bye and good riddance you self centred egotistical narsissist... I would have backed all the way if you had just kept your gob shut, managed your players and let the new board deal with the situation.

As I assume you know somewhat more than most of us regarding what was and is happening in the past this makes interesting reading.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 16:02:23 »

Fair enough. PDC did wonders for Swindon Town on the pitch and that's the most important thing when it comes to supporting a football club!

However when PDC first arrived I felt, like many did, uneasy about the fascist/general controversy stuff. He proved that it was nothing to do with football and eventually I relaxed appreciating that he is entitled to his own personal views.

This is now about our club and if there is even an ounce of truth of what he is like behind-the-scenes then as long as he has resigned then I don't really want him to come back.

If there is a dramatic return, I won't be a boo-boy but I won't feel at all comfortable

Totally agreed.

There was a lot of mocking that we were being referred to by the media as Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town, but I fear that to many fans we actually had become that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 16:17:42 »

Bottling lying cunt.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #440 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:15:12 »

Totally agree with @Macflea. He couldn't even keep to the rules he set. All his big talk of loyalty and professionalism were just talk. Thanks for getting us up last year, and in a good position this year but fuck off, you're not welcome in SN1 any more.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:16:35 »

Totally agree with @Macflea. He couldn't even keep to the rules he set. All his big talk of loyalty and professionalism were just talk. Thanks for getting us up last year, and in a good position this year but fuck off, you're not welcome in SN1 any more.

+1. And 3.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:46:13 »

None of the options for me. We don't know the full facts. We have known for ages that di canio is a difficult individual and upset people behind the scenes from the day he arrived. People didn't mind at the time. Now he's gone its changed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #443 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:35:24 »

What he did before was for the greater good of the club and part of his principles. Leaving like he did is not.

Ok, it's a huge clusterfuck of a situation and we don't know all of the facts - but it seems to me that Paolo didn't like a taste of his own medicine when he had to take it.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:41:42 »

Getting sick and tired of hearing his name, he fucked off and left us so bollocks to him. He thinks he's bigger than the club and wants all the attention.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:43:17 »

I think that all the events at the club just pushed Paolo past the point of no return.

You only have to look at last season and the death of his parents yet he still put the club first. Then his determination to get the snow off the pitch and the buying of pizzas etc.

Like most I disapointed that he has gone in the manner he has, particularly going back on his own principles which lead me to believe that either :

- Something massive happened that we don't know about (i.e. with the new owners)
- He has something else lined up
- He really didn't have the principles he said he did.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #446 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:44:53 »

True Ralphy, but I did enjoy singing our version of Alice Deejay on Saturday.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:45:57 »

I think that all the events at the club just pushed Paolo past the point of no return.

You only have to look at last season and the death of his parents yet he still put the club first. Then his determination to get the snow off the pitch and the buying of pizzas etc.

Like most I disapointed that he has gone in the manner he has, particularly going back on his own principles which lead me to believe that either :

- Something massive happened that we don't know about (i.e. with the new owners)
- He has something else lined up
- He really didn't have the principles he said he did.

or others have said he was calling the newowners bluff and it all backfired on him

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 13:49:32 »

or others have said he was calling the newowners bluff and it all backfired on him

And that
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 11:27:27 »

3 years ago!

A lot more exciting back then too
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: