Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roberts  (Read 1151 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 11:35:18 »

Just published on TeamTalk,

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1831_1019280,00.html

The last comment speaks volumes and I would assume that he plays some part in tonights events.

What are the odds for him to repay Iffy's faith by coming on and bangining in the winner ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 11:43:31 »

Of his striker's treatment at the clinic, Onuora added: "Most of the work was therapeutic. Christian had a few issues and they dealt with the symptoms rather than the causes.

Huh?
Would it not be better to deal with the causes if possible?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 11:46:58 »

Always better to fight the cause and not the effect..................although I am not an expert in these things.

However, if it is that deep rooted it may take some considerable time to identfy and treat.

Lets hope that they have implemented some ongoing support programme.

I was pleased with Iffy's "seems like a new player" comment.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 11:59:58 »

There's lots more about it in the WDP today:

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=150310&command=newPage
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 12:29:11 »

the cause will be more aftercare treatment a.a and other groups alike
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 13:05:11 »

I expect he will play a part purely because we are short of numbers I dont expect he is close to match fit.....but I'd love it if he did get the winner....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 16:22:19 »

He was on BBC Swindon this morning and was impressed. He sounded completely different. I know its hard to tell on the wireless but he sounded a change man.

I really hope he gets a showing tonight. I for one will be giving him a good reception. Hopefully we'll see the chrissy roberts from now on.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 16:24:25 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
He was on BBC Swindon this morning and was impressed. He sounded completely different. I know its hard to tell on the wireless but he sounded a change man.

I really hope he gets a showing tonight. I for one will be giving him a good reception. Hopefully we'll see the chrissy roberts from now on.

Here Here !!!!
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 16:27:05 »

i read in the Adver Roberts said training friday was the first time he trained without his drink deamons for 5 years!!

and he said the clinic not just saved his career but his life. he also added that he felt he didnt have much time left the way he was goin!

he must of absolutely caned it, but i hope he has changed and plays like he did against Sheff Wed & Hull last season!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 17:51:52 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
i read in the Adver Roberts said training friday was the first time he trained without his drink deamons for 5 years!!

and he said the clinic not just saved his career but his life. he also added that he felt he didnt have much time left the way he was goin!

he must of absolutely caned it, but i hope he has changed and plays like he did against Sheff Wed & Hull last season!!

5 years....... Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: