Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adu  (Read 1512 times)
Dazzza

Adu
« on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:21:25 »

Doo Doo, A Daa Daa Daa

According to the Times is set to be the subject of an immediate 5 million bid from Chelsea.

Still only 16 and a bit of a Champ Man legend.

Rich Pullen

Adu
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:24:15 »

I learned from doing my field work in the USA that Adu is a hero to alot of American's!

But in the discussion I've had it would appear that Adu is a bit of a arrogant sod already. Demanding he play from the start every week when he was 15.

That's what doing an advert with $Pele$ does to you I guess!
Dazzza

Adu
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:32:54 »

He should really be playing for Ghana.   :|

mattboyslim

Adu
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:35:15 »

A prodigous talent, shame he doesn't play for ghana and whilst he may be catalyst for the US to eventually get into footy en masse I can't help thinking he'd have been a mega star in Africa, maybe like George Weah was in Liberia.  I'm sure we'll have him in Europe sooner rather than later.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
Adu
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:36:56 »

Saw him play for DC United against Colorado Rapids. He was clearly the best player on the park aged 14/15. However, I'm not sure that he would hold his own in the Prem.

Also, I thought that ManUtd had paid a vast sum for the right to buy him if he developed ?

Arrogant ? Not sure, but DC Utd weren't playing him for whole games, basically because they wanted to protect their prized asset.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dazzza

Adu
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:41:36 »

Talking of George is he el Presidente of Liberia yet?

I wonder what ever happened to his cousin Chris Wreh of Arse fame?  He was due a trial with us and never bothered turning up the twat after I backed him to the hilt to make an impact.  

Shame really as he was a superb player, dropped down into the Championship and did very well then tossed it all off in non-league.

Rich Pullen

Adu
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 12:54:10 »

Don't be misled about football in the United States, it's bigger than alot think - Just not in the same way as the European game.

If Adu chose Ghana then, yes, he would have reached that mega-god status and Ghana did want him but I think he has every potential to properly establish football in the States.

Pre-Adu the stars were the likes Eric Wynalda, Alexi Lalas, Tony Meola, Brian McBride, John Harkes and Roy Wegerle.

The new school of Adu, Beasley, Donovan and co are probably the best the Americans have ever been.

But there is still a significantly big divide between The Premiership and the MLS.
Piemonte

Adu
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 13:09:43 »

Adu was a legendary signing on the old versions of FM /CM
Boeta

Ignore
Adu
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 15:23:29 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Talking of George is he el Presidente of Liberia yet?

lost the election to some woman
yeo

Ignore
Adu
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 15:33:05 »

Hasnt he been 15-16 for at least 3 years now.

/
W56196272
McLovin

Adu
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 15:38:17 »

There's some debate over his real age isn't there? Like he could actually be 26 or something?
Spud

Adu
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 15:49:52 »

Ive heard that he's 32 and will be retiring next year.  :?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
Adu
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 17:44:13 »

I dobut he is 15/16...

Remember when Plymouth signed Taribo West, they all thought he was early 30s. Turned out he was really 42  :shock:
Dazzza

Adu
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 18:45:57 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I dobut he is 15/16...

Remember when Plymouth signed Taribo West, they all thought he was early 30s. Turned out he was really 42  :shock:

That's an urban surely!   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: