Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: match report  (Read 6376 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 23:02:21 »

well in all fairness i have seen us play worse, however jerel ifill lost us the game tonight and no i dont mean his sending off, it was one of the worst performances i have ever seen in a swindon shirt.

the first goal was scored from a huge hole created by ifill headless chicken chasing and trying to closed down their central defender. he was at least 30 yards out of position.

the second goal he completely missed the ball.

not only that but everytime he got the ball he either kicked it into touch or passed it to them.

we played one hell of a lot better once he was off the park.

i thought sean o jenkins and duke all had good games, but yet again the midfield was second best. robinsons first touch let him down consistently and hewlett was not match fit. at least howard put in a bit of effort today.

so for the first time i am starting to question king as a manager, surely he is not motivating the team? we all know they are one of the best teams in the division so why cant he get a performance out of them?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 23:04:41 »

There was one small incident that summed the game up. Huddersfield lost the ball in midfield and it was loose near the centre circle, a total of four Swindon players stood there and not one of them moved for the ball. They just watched as one of the Huddersfield players appeared from nowhere to get the ball totally unchallenged.

Is that lack of motivation or lack of confidence?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 23:09:58 »

Or that we've got a left winger playing in centre midfield playing alongside two borderline invalids.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 23:15:43 »

I think the crowd shouting "ole" everytime there was a pass to another swindon shirt instead of the long ball summed everything up. Once we started passing the ball we carved a couple of chances, hopefully some lessons learned. If we play like that on sky we will be the laughing stock of the country.

Just seen the goals on sky again, both defensive mistakes really. ifil barely touched him for his sending off but was an attempted headbutt, so definate red. Same with the two footed challenge, the intent was there.

Down to 12th in the league now.  :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2004, 23:24:10 »

every pass seemed to go astray. turbo kept misjudging the pass and having it roll behind him. everything was shit.  no good passing interplay or spark. even roberts didnt look like creating anything substantial.

officially blacker than the night.
Turbo

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 09:58:01 »

Not bad stuff: heywood was competent, sean'o weren't bad and Parkin was trying to get the ball even though he failed to do so.

Whens Migz back? :evil:
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 13:48:49 »

here is my match report

shit shit oh and shit
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 14:06:26 »

Man of the Match = Sodje, marked Parkin out of the game.  Won every header, won every tackle, the bloke played a blinder.  Like my mate said to me if Sodje can do it I wonder what the Boro' defence will make of Super Sammy Parkin, if we manage to over come the giants of Nottingham.
McLovin

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 14:27:55 »

It helped that all he had to deal with was high balls. I think it would have been a different story had we actually used SSP properly. Sodje is useless at everything else, he is like Heywood, in that anything in the air he should (and usually does) win.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 14:30:12 »

Like you say Dave, he is good in the air, so what's our cunning plan, knock it high and long to SSP, brilliant idea from the tacticians.

I'm fucking pissed off!!!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 17:18:16 »

I thought Sodje nailed Sammy down really well and he was quick in the tackle - they just wanted it more and intimidated our boys out of the match (except for the last 5).
Dear Jerel,
If you're going to get sent off make sure the fucker doesn't get back up!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: