Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Missive from the M.C.C  (Read 2370 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 09:18:00 »

Got my application form for the Lord test matches and O.D.I s today Smiley .Not sure which games to go for,i'm thinking the Pakistan test match[ Saturday or Sunday] and Sri Lanka o.d.i.But the law of sod will probably mean we don't get either Sad Must try though,i haven't seen any  'real' cricket  for ages.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 09:24:39 »

we do notoriously bad at Lords dont we!

Pakistan match should be good but i prefer attending 1 dayers when it comes to England
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 09:49:26 »

Yes,i may try and get an application form from Surrey as well,we usually do well there Smiley .The trouble with the Oval is they let in those fucking horn things that fans from India and Pakistan seem to love using.Don't get me wrong i love the passion and excitement that Pakistan fans have for the game,but a few years ago i was sat in with the Indian fans at the Oval test and six hours of those things going off in your ears is not the most enjoyable thing in the world :-))(

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 17:25:36 »

im hopefully watching somerset v sri lanka, one dayer at taunton.
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 17:55:17 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Yes,i may try and get an application form from Surrey as well,we usually do well there Smiley .The trouble with the Oval is they let in those fucking horn things that fans from India and Pakistan seem to love using.Don't get me wrong i love the passion and excitement that Pakistan fans have for the game,but a few years ago i was sat in with the Indian fans at the Oval test and six hours of those things going off in your ears is not the most enjoyable thing in the world :-))(

Same as, I was in the cheap seats a couple of times for the Indian games. One of my mates had an England ODI shirt on and they seemed to cream their pants at that one, about 300 blowing their horns at him every time he went for a slash. There was about 7 of us, and it was pretty much point blank obvious who we were supporting. Bit sad, and tiresome to single out said fella. But by the end of the day they were extremely friendly and wanted to buy us pints. Bit over-aweing, they get so excited and hyped up over the cricket its untrue.

Ive heard its gonna go off big time at the Pakistan ODI game at Old Trafford.  :nono:   :shock:
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:00:26 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "larwood"

Same as, I was in the cheap seats a couple of times for the Indian games. One of my mates had an England ODI shirt on and they seemed to cream their pants at that one, about 300 blowing their horns at him every time he went for a slash. There was about 7 of us, and it was pretty much point blank obvious who we were supporting. Bit sad, and tiresome to single out said fella. But by the end of the day they were extremely friendly and wanted to buy us pints. Bit over-aweing, they get so excited and hyped up over the cricket its untrue.

Ive heard its gonna go off big time at the Pakistan ODI game at Old Trafford.  :nono:   :shock:

Why?. :roll:
Nils

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:08:45 »

Cricket is a gentlemans game. It is not violent, there is no crowd segragation and for good reason.

If it did happen then it would be the minority that spoils it for the majority! AGAIN!
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:34:10 »

Dont shoot the messenger!  :|

Last time Pakistan went mental up at Old Trafford, stewards all got trampled on and that. It was a piss take. And Il think you'll find that ODI's on the subcontinent are extremely hostile for away fans, and you might have noticed the fences around the grounds. I remember Freddie Flintoff collecting an ODI trophy in Karachi a few years ago with a giant bonfire going on behind him in the stands.

It isnt cricket, I most certainly admit. Cricket is about friendship, the good of THE great game, the history and the honour. But dont forget its Pakistan that have robbed English cricket fans of the pitch invasion. Their defeat at Lords by Australia in 2001 (same series as that OT game) saw some extremely ugly scenes and Ponting was hit on the head by a flying beer can in the ceremony.

And then of course its the only competitive sporting event between Pakistan and England. Games held in Lancs and Yorks, areas of high tension. Crowd trouble will be an issue. But like I said dont have a go at me, eh?
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:35:14 »

Cant stand those fucking horns they take to the game.  :evil:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 19:56:34 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Cant stand those fucking horns they take to the game.  :evil:

me neither! does my head in! but they have banned them at lords!  Beers
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 20:50:45 »

Are there any ODI's scheduled for Brizzle?, if they are im gonna join the Gloucester membership. Smiley
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:00:30 »

Are there any ODI's scheduled for Brizzle?, if they are im gonna join the Gloucester membership. Smiley

All these Memberships are quite expensive aren't they? £15 -20 just to join?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:02:23 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"

All these Memberships are quite expensive aren't they? £15 -20 just to join?

Gloucestershires was £45 last year, glad i didnt join cos they were utter shite last year.

They've signed New Zealander's Shane Bond & Hamish Marshall for next season though.  Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 21:07:43 »

Blinkpip, you do realise that 'membership' in County Cricket is their version of a season ticket? Free admission to every game.  :?  Excellent value.

Adult admission at Middlesex was about £130 last season. Although I can get a discount for being a long distance member. My mates have had student ones for 7 seasons in a row (at £35 a season!). Of course they are 3 years into full time employment. Plus we use the membership cards to sneak in other mates for free.  Oops  Ive got no idea why County cricket doesnt make any money?..  :--
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 22:25:55 »

blinkpip, memebership at the sabres for just a normal memeber is £100 for a season!

mines £50 for next year as i have a student card. only need to go to 5 games to make it up. not too bad!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: