Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I never knew  (Read 1060 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 13, 2005, 23:45:35 »

I saw Don Rogers play for Swindon.

My first match was against Shrewsbury on 10th April 1976. Can't remember much about it as I was only 8 apart from the fact we won 3-0 and I found out where my grandad let all his aggression out!

Thanks to www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk who have just updated their website to detail all teams who played in every match back to 1970-71 I now know this as well as the fact that I also saw Frank Burrows play. It must have been near the end of both their Swindon careers.

Not very interesting I know and unfortunately I didn't see Don at his best but I still feel quite good about it for some reason.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 14, 2005, 12:23:57 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
I saw Don Rogers play for Swindon.

My first match was against Shrewsbury on 10th April 1976. Can't remember much about it as I was only 8 apart from the fact we won 3-0 and I found out where my grandad let all his aggression out!

Thanks to www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk who have just updated their website to detail all teams who played in every match back to 1970-71 I now know this as well as the fact that I also saw Frank Burrows play. It must have been near the end of both their Swindon careers.

Not very interesting I know and unfortunately I didn't see Don at his best but I still feel quite good about it for some reason.

My first match featured the goalkeeping legend that was Nicky Hammond. Sad

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 14, 2005, 12:25:06 »

Nicky Hammond was at the match on Friday!  As was Don (he sat about two rows behind me) he looked well chuffed at the end!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: