Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Insulting  (Read 1106 times)
Nils

« on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 00:04:31 »

I think that it was most inappropriate tonight that there was no 2 minutes silence for rememberance day.

Usually have a silence for it on the saturday after but today is the friday so even more important.

This is probably to stop upsetting someone in some stupid PC thing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 00:07:03 »

Quote from: "Nils"
I think that it was most inappropriate tonight that there was no 2 minutes silence for rememberance day.

Usually have a silence for it on the saturday after but today is the friday so even more important.

The 2 minute silence took place today on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.  That's when it always takes place.  If you had 2 minute silences here there and everywhere at different times it would be devalued.
Nils

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 00:10:04 »

I suppose so, I thought that they always had a silence at football matches acroos the country though.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 00:11:14 »

There was one in town at 11 which I did to be fair
Amir

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 00:11:28 »

I've no idea why they didn't do it, most likely it's because a two minute silence was held at 11am the same day.  If it was on a different day I expect they would have had it.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 03:15:44 »

sadly i htink it was sky heaping pressure on, i was hoping they'd do one as i missed the 11am one as i only finished work at 6 so was asleep.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: