Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Team v Huddersfield  (Read 3219 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:02:01 »

Quote from: "Johno"
see what happens when we don't have Fallon...(don't hit me jan!) least he gives us options. unlike Thorpe...who doesn't give us any option but to just sit on the bench and pray no one gets injured!

I realise I was being a little harsh on Rory on Monday, I know he's been giving it his all this season.  I just wish like others said at the time that the defensive could work out that just because Rory's on the pitch it doesn't mean that we have to hit the long high balls up to him all the time.  There are other options.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:03:22 »

The main requirement for a lone striker, is a willingness to work your nuts off in an often forlorn cause.....not something that Roberts or Thorpe have ever been noted for.

For that reason I'd go for a 4-4-2....Roberts and Boazza up front to try and occupy Udders with some direct running.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:03:54 »

Roberts hasn't trained all week so I doubt he'll play. If he's not fully fit then I wouldn't waste my time playing him to be honest.

Code:

Heaton

Jenkins  O'Hanlon   Ifil   Nicholas

Wells    Gurney     Pook   Stroud

Bouazza    Shakes

Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:04:33 »

That's the way Reg, let's give their defence something to worry about.  According to 'Udders fans on 606 their defence is a little shakey to say the least.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:07:36 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The thought of the chavmeister up front on his own, is quite something, I'm better in the air than what he is, and the array of postures and pouts would be a sight  to behold as another aimless hoof gets headed back.

unfortunatly he's probably the best option we've got as a lone striker while fallon's out. i would love to see us go up there & play all out attack like janaage says, but i really can't see iffy risking it. i've said before in loads of posts that 4-5-1 is crap, but we're unbeaten in 3 games now with that formation so doubt he'll change.
mattboyslim

« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:07:55 »

Sonic is that the first team or a youth club side? gurney and jenks are old enough to be most of them's dads.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:11:08 »

Not necessarily saying all out attack, as that may be a little crazy, but soemthing like Reg says play some pacey strikers up top and make them run at them, it could cause a few teams in the league problems.

Look at what Beagrie was doing against jenkins.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:20:35 »

this is what id pick, bare in mind I DONT actually pick the team

Heaton

Jenkins
O'Hanlon
Ifil [man mark abbott]
CCP
Nicholas

Pook
Whalley
Gurney

Bouazza
Roberts

Id play with wing backs, purely because we have no left winger to add balance across the middle 4.

Shakes unlucky to miss out.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:22:41 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Johno"
see what happens when we don't have Fallon...(don't hit me jan!) least he gives us options. unlike Thorpe...who doesn't give us any option but to just sit on the bench and pray no one gets injured!

I realise I was being a little harsh on Rory on Monday, I know he's been giving it his all this season.  I just wish like others said at the time that the defensive could work out that just because Rory's on the pitch it doesn't mean that we have to hit the long high balls up to him all the time.  There are other options.

very true also. fallon brings us goals but does ruin our style of football. very weird and annoying!

btw, sonic, david stroud!?  Soapy Tit Wank why!?
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:25:51 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Not necessarily saying all out attack, as that may be a little crazy, but soemthing like Reg says play some pacey strikers up top and make them run at them, it could cause a few teams in the league problems.

thats what i meant. i'd love to see us go up there & have a go at them rather than just sit back & try to counter attack.

i'd have thought we'd learnt from the walsall game that 4-5-1 was crap. swansea went up there the weekend before us & whipped them 5-2 or something, playing direct attacking football. we go up there a week later & lose 1-0 playing 1 up front.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 11:27:34 »

Exactly Le God, that really annoyed me.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 14:00:10 »

It's fun to speculate, there are lots of options but I can't see us getting a point, hope I'm wrong. Just to be different:

Heaton

Jenkins                       O'Hanlon                             Platt           Nicholas

Gurney                       Pook                             Whalley                  Bouazza

Roberts                          Heath

Subs   Bulman  
           Collins  in case of defence replacement
           Shakes  to come on later to run at them
           Wells
           Migs

ust be the oldest
santini

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 14:03:45 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The thought of the chavmeister up front on his own, is quite something, I'm better in the air than what he is, and the array of postures and pouts would be a sight  to behold as another aimless hoof gets headed back.

Robrts' toe will probably rule him out and Smith still not recovered so I'd go for
Heaton
Jenks OHanlon CCP Nicho
Shakes Pook Gurney Whalley
Thorpe Bouazza

but wouldn't be surprised to see Heath and Ifil back in.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 14:08:52 »

heaton

jenks Sean'O CCP Smith/Nico

Pook Gurney Whalley

Roberts                          Bouazza

Thorpe
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 28, 2005, 14:37:35 »

Andy D'urso is the referee tomorrow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: