Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peter crouch part 756  (Read 8816 times)
Spud

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:18:29 »

I think Raul is very over rated tbh, he lives off past seasons and he was crap last season.

The manager wouldnt drop Raul as he is the darling of Madrid and the fans would probably call for the managers sacking if this happened.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:19:56 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
I think Raul is very rated tbh, he lives off past seasons and he was crap last season.

The manager wouldnt drop Raul as he is the darling of Madrid and the fans would probably call for the managers sacking if this happened.

Exactly. Yes
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:21:59 »

Scoring 72 goals for Real is LESS impressive than scoring 18 for Pompey?

Jumping Jack Christ
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:26:42 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Scoring 72 goals for Real is LESS impressive than scoring 18 for Pompey?

Jumping Jack Christ

Southampton Dave.  :roll:

Yes it's a pretty simple principle Dave, Real Madrid are one of the best  teams in Spain and have players like Zidane and Beckham who provide a shitload of quality service and Southampton....? Do you see?

Essentially it's a lot easier to score a load when you're in an attacking team at the top of the table like Real who create a load of chances than one fighting relegation like Southampton were last year.

Surely that's easy enough to understand? No?
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:28:04 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I think Raul is very rated tbh, he lives off past seasons and he was crap last season.

Exactly. Yes

So's Peter Crouch then
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:29:46 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Exactly. Yes

So's Peter Crouch then

Peter Crouch is not overrated because he is not rated as one of the best players in the world, in fact a lot of people think he is shit, hence he is underrated because he is not shit.

He's not living on past seasons either, his best season was his last one, Raul's decent ones were 4+ years ago.

Remember Reg rates Crouch and Reg is never wrong.
Dazzza

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 18:45:44 »

No doubt he did very well last season 12 league goals putting him up with Andy Cole in the top goal scorers in the Premiership.  Although it has to be said that Southampton side were a tad unlucky to go down and hardly short when it came to creating chances, Kevin Phillips notched up another 10.

I wouldn’t go as so far to say that Crouch  is actually much cop although there are certainly worse around to date.

Come the end of the day strikers get judged on the number of goals they score and 18 coming into your 5th season in the top flight is not worth writing home about.  Crouch's height is his one saving grace and ticket out of the Championship.  Target men are becoming more and more of a rarity and like old Sven said he adds an 'extra dimension' to his side.  Chop a foot off at the bottom and he’s lower Championship standard at the very most.

And yes he was fucking abysmal last night.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 18:49:22 »

It was 16 in 33 games he got last year in total, that's pretty much 1 in 2, only Henry, Van Nistlerooy who only got 6 in the league and Johnson whose were all penalties did better.
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 19:02:13 »

Twelve league goals being the benchmark against consistent opposition to allow for a fair comparison.  

Still to be fair 12 in 27 is an exceptional tally given form previous to and post 04/05.

Cup runs don't count!   Tongue

red macca

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 19:47:59 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Morientes has scored 26 goals in 40 international appearances, won the champion's league 4 times and scored 72 league goals in 182 appearances for Real Madrid, all of this experience and proven goalscoring capabilities and he's only ever joined one club for a transfer fee, Liverpool for £6.3m.

Meanwihle, Crouch has won nothing in his career, been relegated once but has scored 50 goals in 164 appearance, although a large chunk of these goals (18 in fact) came in Division 1 with Portsmouth, as opposed to all of Morientes' goals came for Real Madrid at the highest level. In total, Crouch has had 6 clubs and cost a total of £15,560,000.

Fair enough that Morientes didn't have a great start at Liverpool but he's a player of proven class and I'd have him in my team in front of donkey Crouch anyday.

p.s. Ronaldo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Casillas, Beckham, Salgado, Robinho...all overrated? That's just the current squad.
nice post sonic in the last year the stat that means most to me is crouch has scored more prem goals than morientes,,also crouch playes with a strike partner last night surely cisse would have been more effective with crouch than morientes to simalar imo but hey benitez knows best :roll: in europe anyway
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:19:31 »

At the end of the day, Peter Crouch is shite

Even talking about him in the same setence as Ronaldo, Raul and Morientes is insult.

You can claim they get better service at Real Madrid and they probably do....but you know you dont JUST get to play for Real Madrid for no fucking reason.

Plus Ronaldo, Raul and Morientes all have good records at International level and in the Champions league

I bet Crouch will not score more than 6 goals in the league all season.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:36:10 »

Quote from: "DV85"

At the end of the day you're talking shite. Yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:39:59 »

Quote from: "DV85"

At the end of the day you're talking shite. Yes

Put your money where you mouth is

£100 says Peter Crouch gets no more than 6 league goals all season....
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:46:36 »

Btw I wasn't saying Crouch is better than Raul and Ronaldo anyway, I just said those those two are overrated, they're still very good, just not in the worlds top 10 like they're often made out to be. He is better than Morientes though.

How many goals Crouch scores depends how much he plays.
McLovin

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:52:08 »

Crouch is a decent player.  Not great, not shite.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: