Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peter crouch part 756  (Read 8789 times)
DMR

« on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 20:24:09 »

ben wah balls i will send you a tape of tonights game

Cheesy
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 20:26:49 »

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 20:27:36 »

Didnt watch the game?

Crouching Striker, Hidden talent?
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 20:39:19 »

fucking donkey, what a rip off
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 20:49:44 »

Liverpool lost at Palace, that's funny.
land_of_bo

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 07:50:26 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Didnt watch the game?

Crouching Striker, Hidden talent?

Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 08:06:11 »

Musing the result this morning would have well been worth a couple of quid in hindsight.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 15:46:42 »

It's most of the rest of liverpool's team that are shite, not Crouch. Morientes for example is useless.
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 15:48:57 »

Pot, Kettle, Black. Morientes useless, he was doing it on a higher level than crouch ever could at monaco and Madrid.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 16:07:57 »

Morientes has been shite for liverpool whilst crouch has done a lot better. Morientes has always been very overrated,  as a lot of players who've played for real madrid are.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 16:23:01 »

Morientes has scored 26 goals in 40 international appearances, won the champion's league 4 times and scored 72 league goals in 182 appearances for Real Madrid, all of this experience and proven goalscoring capabilities and he's only ever joined one club for a transfer fee, Liverpool for £6.3m.

Meanwihle, Crouch has won nothing in his career, been relegated once but has scored 50 goals in 164 appearance, although a large chunk of these goals (18 in fact) came in Division 1 with Portsmouth, as opposed to all of Morientes' goals came for Real Madrid at the highest level. In total, Crouch has had 6 clubs and cost a total of £15,560,000.

Fair enough that Morientes didn't have a great start at Liverpool but he's a player of proven class and I'd have him in my team in front of donkey Crouch anyday.

p.s. Ronaldo, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Casillas, Beckham, Salgado, Robinho...all overrated? That's just the current squad.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 16:28:49 »

I do think Roberto Carlos is somewhat over rated.  But then again that's just me.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 16:49:40 »

Raul is very overrated, Ronaldo too I would say and Carlos, I mean they're rated as the best in the world, when they're not, hence why Real Madrid have not really done much in the last couple of years, they're an overrated side. Beckham as well to be honest.

72 in 182 at Real Madrid is less impressive than 18 in 35 or whatever Crouch got last year as that was at a crap team, most strikers could score a shitload for Real Madrid and they're in a weaker league too. You can hardly blame Crouch for Soutthampton getting relegated, he almost single handedly kept them up, if he'd played against Portsmouth he probably would have.

Crouch has got 50 in just 132 starts which is very impressive considering he is as much a creator as a finisher.

Moreintes hasn't had a decent season since 2001/2002, Crouch had superb one just last year. I would have Crouch in my side over Morientes every time.

It's also worth remembering that Crouch is 5 years younger than Morientes so to have already got 50 goals is very good.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 16:55:14 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Raul is very overrated, Ronaldo too

I stopped reading after that.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 17:01:43 »

Well perhaps you should continue if you want to understand.

They are overrated, I mean Raul has won bronze in the world player of the year but in the last couple of years what has he done? Not much, nothing to justify that certainly - and he's surrounded by so called galacticos. That's why he's overrated, sure he's a decent player but he's not close to Rooney's class for example.

I mean you've got to realise that it's a lot easier for a very highly rated player to be overrated. If Real Madrid's team were really as good as they're supposed to be they'd have done a hell of a lot better in Europe the last couple of years, but they're not and they can't even win the Spanish league.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: