Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50 years ago......  (Read 2321 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 09:23:19 »

My worst time was end of 1999/2000 season.  It was absolute dross on the pitch. 5th February 2000. Lost 0-1 to Grimsby, a poor side who nevertheless peppered our goal, where Bart was playing on loan and did a brave job. Crowd was 5,784 and our attack was so awful that a 40 year old Jimmy Quinn wasa forced to come on, and looked our most dangerous player.

Compared with that, what we have now is quite enjoyable to watch, despite losing lately. Only my view of course.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 09:33:40 »

Quote from: "normy"
My worst time was end of 1999/2000 season.  It was absolute dross on the pitch. 5th February 2000. Lost 0-1 to Grimsby, a poor side who nevertheless peppered our goal, where Bart was playing on loan and did a brave job. Crowd was 5,784 and our attack was so awful that a 40 year old Jimmy Quinn wasa forced to come on, and looked our most dangerous player.

Compared with that, what we have now is quite enjoyable to watch, despite losing lately. Only my view of course.

Unfortunately, even in that season, when it was obvious we were going down early doors we had 9 points from 11 games, and weren't bottom.

I recall the despair of the 10th game when a Colin T*dd managed side,  Bolton ran out easy winners at the CG.

Discussintg this with my kid last night he pointed out that it wasn't so bad as this, as we were in Div1 and historically we get relegated back to what is about our rightful level, sooner or later....but L2.....OK me and thee have seen it, but not many others will have done.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 10:53:41 »

Ha, as soon as we got in the car to come home last night. We asked the question when was the last time we were bottom of this league, the answer was....Reg will tell us....!!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2005, 15:26:56 »

Quote from: "normy"

That was also my worse time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: