Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Test squad for Pakistan  (Read 5151 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:46:00 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
he has improved this season tenfold, he is now pretty awesome, plus when the academy gets there hands on him and he keeps improving he WILL become an england regular, plus his bowling has been monumentous this season he has been a match winner on 3 or 4 occasions. watch him grow into a top class test all rounder.

mex i usually regard your opinion on cricket pretty highly but that is one hundred and ten percent absolute bollocks

he could become a good batsman but as i said i'm not at all convinced that huge trigger movement will stand up at the top level. i think he'd be fucked up against express pace

as for his spin, it's come on well this summer and done a job at county level but lets be honest it's complete pies. it would get destroyed by any international player
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:47:09 »

yardys stats this season
batting average 54.69 he has hit 5 centuries and 5 50's

bowling average 25.55

not bad i would say
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:50:27 »

every single county pro has had an amazing season, it's backing it up that counts

this is the first year he's bowled his spin (rather than seam) and there's always a case of doing better when something's new. next year his spin will struggle as player's will be used to it

as for his batting, it's not in the same class as Ed Joyce or Owais Shah and the stats prove it - look them up

i'd love it if in a couple of years yardy is playing for england and you can say look who was right boeta you fucking cunt. but it ain't gonna happen
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:54:46 »

as i said he is improving hence a place in the academy, with a higher level of coaching which he will recieve he will surely step up to the task ahead, he is young hungry naturally gifted and english, lets encourage him not knock him.

by the way mushtaq ahmed hit 90 not out today it was fuckin ace was smacking it everywhere, we were 192-8 finished on 348 all out Cheesy
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:56:15 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
as i said he is improving hence a place in the academy, with a higher level of coaching which he will recieve he will surely step up to the task ahead, he is young hungry naturally gifted and english, lets encourage him not knock him.

also don't build him up out of sight so he's only got one way to go, ie. down
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 23:03:13 »

there is a difference between building up a player and showing confidence in him. the whole ethos of sussex ccc, is based on confidence, i think you will find but i could be wrong! that sussex have the youngest squad in county cricket, with players like prior, wright and yardy breaking through into the england set up it sets  a precedent for the rest of the youngsters in the squad, hopkinson, ambrose (who is a better keeper than prior) nash, and the likes of ian ward and jason lewry if they can stay injury free. the centre of the team is based on spirit and a us against them mentality, sussex and there players dont in their opinion get the recognition they have deserved over the last couple of years, this in their eyes is a start and the tip of the iceberg. watch us fly next season as a team they will get better and better espesially if they can resign rana naved
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 10:32:16 »

so you think saying yardy WILL become an England regular isn't heaping pressure on a player who's had one good season (good but not as good as others)?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 10:53:20 »

Am I alone in thinking we shouldn't be touring Pakistan.....we had a long break after the Gatting Shakoor Rana incident 14 years I believe.....as it was obvious that cheating was afoot, which finally was revealed by the Salim Malik...Ata-ur Rehman conspiracy.

Did anybody miss it?

Further Pakistan is a hotbed of Islamic terrorism.....explosions in Lahore yesterday. Recently the Kiwis abandoned their tour due to esplosions at their hotel.

It seems that our boys, are being used as political pawns, in that the Government wants to be seen to back up the government of Gen Musharraf as much as possible to suggest normal relations, every bit as cynically as a Mugabe.

Maybe time for a rethink.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 11:31:26 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Further Pakistan is a hotbed of Islamic terrorism.....explosions in Lahore yesterday. Recently the Kiwis abandoned their tour due to esplosions at their hotel.

'Recently' well if May 2002 is recent then you're right, but the word 'recently'suggests this year. In fact in late 2003 New Zealand happily went back to Pakistan to play a five match ODI series.

If we're going to call Test series off because of the possibility of bomb blasts, England should never have international cricket here again and the Ashes should have been called off at 1-0 to Australia.

Don't be so melodramatic, the England players will be under top security and nothing will happen.
McLovin

« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 11:45:50 »

I love it when Boeta talks cricket.  he turns in to such an onnoying little twat it makes me laugh. Cheesy
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 12:36:28 »

Going back to Yardy, his stats he been boosted beyond belief because of the game against Bangladesh 'A' who would struggle to beat a lot of top club sides

In the County Championship Yardy averages 46 with the bat and 36 with the ball. Good but not great
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 12:52:53 »

TBH i dont really know who Yardy is! so i wouldn't pick him. On the batting front i think it was a bit dissapointing that either Joyce, Key or Shah were not selected and Shaun Udal was a bit strange. i think the squad is as good as it can be though with the exception of the extra batsman.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 03:09:54 »

yardy is not in the squad  he is in the academy where they train up players of the future, he is not up to test cricket by a long way however his improvements over the last couple of years have been substantial and if he keeps going at this rate he will be knocking on the test door in a couple of years.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: