Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: live on SKY!  (Read 23830 times)
Titch

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:20:49 »

Amazingly we are live on SKY!  Who's going or you just going to go up the pub and get pissed?

y wings are like a shield of steel!
McLovin

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:23:54 »

Why has our game been selected for Sky?? I'm not complaining, but its hardly the most exciting offering of the year!
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:26:31 »

God Knows...... great news though!

Lets hope the players play better or it could defiantely be very embarassing!  Should give us some extra money also which is also good news.

I think we will do Notts County and then get to play Middlebrough.  Who knows if we play shit hot against County SKY may put us on again! Cheesy

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:28:56 »

Must be the most attractive replay to screen, most likely upset if Saturday's anything to go by.  

Pub for me, Walkabout won't show it, the wankers so I'll probably go for the Merlin, Winners, or The Spot as I live right near it.
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 11:30:52 »

I'll probably head down the Greyhound or Ship
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 12:54:49 »

Some one has said on the Adver site we should be due £75k for the televised game then if we beat Notts we have a guranteed full house against Middlesborough @ £23 a ticket.

Add that to (hopefully) an LDV final slot we should have a nice tidy sum coming in this season.

Trouble being King doesn't want the LDV but if i was him with this small club i would do my best to get there as it is a reported £500k payout.
Something not to be sniffed at for a club our size. Light Bulb

Titch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 13:02:36 »

Yeah i agree, i think we should definately go for the LDV without a doubt.  It is a great opportunity to win a trophy and make a good amount of money in the process.  I think it is totally wrong to dismiss it!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 13:14:51 »

I can't see the board letting Kingy put out reserves when we're this close to the LDV windfall money.  When is the semi against Southend?
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 13:18:31 »

week commencing 24 January, not sure of the exact date yet though!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 13:26:57 »

That's good that it's a while away, we got waaaaaaaay too many fixtures at the moment.
Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:17:17 »

That's fantastic news.  Being shown live on sky can only be a good thing and increase the club's popularity, though I have yet to see Swindon perform on television.  A good showing though will undoubtedly boost attendences so good performances please Kingy!  (Though not from Parkin as we don't want to alert the attention of bigger clubs).
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:05:32 »

well great news! and hopefully we might do well on tv and get some much needed revenue, not that notts county don't need it, so both teams will be going for it. probably main reason for putting it on sky and cause of boro for the winners.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 18:10:01 »

Bloody marvellous, not only will I not miss the game but I'll be able to see it on television as well. Back of the net!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 19:08:36 »

I think i'm going to go, estimations on how many people going? 100/200? can't be much more after saturday and being a tuesday??

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 19:16:09 »

As I've said, that performance didn't warrant a pay day....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: