Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon  (Read 10184 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 08:41:32 »

I'd like to see Mitchell given a start in midfield. Looks to have a bit aggression about him and an ability to get about the pitch

In his post match the manager said he doesnt want to play Mitchell and Kirkman often
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 09:15:18 »

To put yesterday into statistical perspective,  Crewe had 63% accurate passes and we had 55% which was the second worst in the football league.

This week's transfer dealings are crucial and our next game against a confident Notts County side is going to be telling.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 09:58:28 »

And that is 55% against Crewe who are languishing with us.

Stats so far this season.....

Expected Goals 24th
Shots on target per match 22nd
Accurate passes per match 15th
Goals conceded per match 16th
Interceptions per match 22nd
Yellow cards 3rd
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 10:44:18 »

Last season there was lots of anti comments on various sites about the tippy-tappy posession football which as not working and now we have turned 180 degrees and that is not working either so where do the team go from here? I have not got a clue.

Defensive signings looked good pre-season as we knew that was needed, midfield looked okayish if there were some quality additions (which never happened) and the signing of Smith gave us the "big lad" up front that so many wanted as well.

Painfully obvious from the few games so far it is failing badly, precious little football played, hoofball the predominate method and very little in the way of anyone having the ability to get the ball down and make an incisive pass.

The club has a few days to add to the squad which even the uninitiated can see is badly required to hopefully raise the very low bar of football we have currently see but am not confident that will be the entire answer.

There is the old saying from Brian Clough that it takes six months for a player to really settle into a team which means next January we could have a bunch of world beaters!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 11:07:22 »

Unfortunately we currently look as disorganised on the pitch as we seem to be off it. I really can't see a lot else for us aside from this 'rinse and repeat' method the owners seem to be applying. U der Clem and Co I really can't see us progressing anywhere and seasons like last season and the season before (caveat, this season could be amazing) are going to become the norm.

Not the thread for it, granted, but surely the Trust need to come together with potential new owners and offer something brighter for the future. This tombola style, chuck shit at a wall and hope it sticks way the football club is being run is not going to work, however we 'change our mindsets'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 12:10:46 »

Not to me it's not. We were clearly the better team in that game and created the best chances and defended well when called upon and restricted Crewe to 1 clear cut chance in the 94th minute. That Glatzel missed 2 gilt edged chances is a worry though. Last season I remember many people saying you don't necessarily need small technical players to get out of this division and i think the idea that we are already one of the 2 worst teams in L2 is pessimistic to the extreme when I guess most of us have only seen 3 other teams. I'm of the opinion that 10 games in will give us a clearer picture

Agree. The reaction has been well over the top. 3 league games in with a near on total new side, what do people expect? Certainly had more than enough chances to win yesterday and Smith's disallowed goal was touch and go. Crawley we could have won too, Walsall was not great but even their goals were a mixed bag.

Not been easy when the manager has been absent more than normal in preseason due to personal reasons too.

Like you, I say give it 10 games and then see where we're at. Delaney to come in along with Tshimanga, possibly McGurk and likely another 2, will certainly be a boost.

Remember it's league two, and the passing stats will be skewed playing more direct.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 12:18:44 »

But every other club is in the same position, yet we appear to be failing miserably yet again. Be well surprised if things improve, they didn't for the previous 8 months. People seem to be accepting of this dire shit. Jeez.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 12:31:09 »

Let’s not forget that Garner had no pre-season and came close to getting us in a play off final. Organisation is key but so is quality players which you can’t compare the current crop to the teams Wellens and Garner assembled.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 12:59:04 »

Agree. The reaction has been well over the top. 3 league games in with a near on total new side, what do people expect? Certainly had more than enough chances to win yesterday and Smith's disallowed goal was touch and go. Crawley we could have won too, Walsall was not great but even their goals were a mixed bag.

Not been easy when the manager has been absent more than normal in preseason due to personal reasons too.

Like you, I say give it 10 games and then see where we're at. Delaney to come in along with Tshimanga, possibly McGurk and likely another 2, will certainly be a boost.

Remember it's league two, and the passing stats will be skewed playing more direct.

Why do we need to wait 10 games into the season for them to gel together

95% of yesterday's team were in early so had virtually a whole pre-season to gel, that's what pre season and friendlies are for.

By your logic we should ditch the friendlies and just start off with the first league game of the season.

The abysmal performances ate either down to...

Poor players - looking whose come in unlikely
Although Cotterill and Frecklington di look out of their depth at times and not ready just yet.
Formation and tactics - More than likely- players looking unsure of how to play the tactics

At Crewe the defence did look more solid but there were still to many last ditch tackles due the midfield and wingbacks not tracking back as a wing back that is part of your job...

The midfield is so weak , players playing out of position or just not good enough?

Last week of the window will be key , untried youngsters us not the answer

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:22:49 »

But every other club is in the same position, yet we appear to be failing miserably yet again. Be well surprised if things improve, they didn't for the previous 8 months. People seem to be accepting of this dire shit. Jeez.

That’s the issue. Our fanbase do a lot of moaning on socials but next to nothing to get rid of the owners apart from not attending

Could never see us doing a Blackpool or Reading in terms of protest even if we went down and struggled in the conference
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:32:09 »

To put yesterday into statistical perspective,  Crewe had 63% accurate passes and we had 55% which was the second worst in the football league.

Of the things to worry about, I’m not sure passing accuracy percentage is on the list. The main reason that number is so low is because a large chunk of our ‘passes’ are long balls which generate 50:50s (at best). There were far too many, in my view, aimless long balls, but that seems to be the closest thing to a plan at the moment.

If we were playing sideways football and that was the % then I would worry. There were some sloppy misplaced short stuff yes, but that is perhaps more symptomatic of our well-reported midfield and positional issues.

So second lowest in the football league doesn’t sound great, but says more of us having probably the 2nd shittest tactics, rather than the 2nd shittest players/team (I hope!)
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:35:15 »

And neck ache Cheesy

You just gotta keep livin man!
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:41:42 »

Unfortunately we currently look as disorganised on the pitch as we seem to be off it. I really can't see a lot else for us aside from this 'rinse and repeat' method the owners seem to be applying. U der Clem and Co I really can't see us progressing anywhere and seasons like last season and the season before (caveat, this season could be amazing) are going to become the norm.

Not the thread for it, granted, but surely the Trust need to come together with potential new owners and offer something brighter for the future. This tombola style, chuck shit at a wall and hope it sticks way the football club is being run is not
going to work, however we 'change our mindsets'

Trust need to find a buyer willing to go public.
People can post all these bullshit Chinese whispers about all these alleged interested parties but until it’s public knowledge the large majority of fans won’t believe it. Be it head in the sand or cynicism.

Ultimately the way to get Clem out is the exact same way Clem got Power out.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:42:11 »

Why do we need to wait 10 games into the season for them to gel together

95% of yesterday's team were in early so had virtually a whole pre-season to gel, that's what pre season and friendlies are for.

By your logic we should ditch the friendlies and just start off with the first league game of the season.

The abysmal performances ate either down to...

Poor players - looking whose come in unlikely
Although Cotterill and Frecklington di look out of their depth at times and not ready just yet.
Formation and tactics - More than likely- players looking unsure of how to play the tactics

At Crewe the defence did look more solid but there were still to many last ditch tackles due the midfield and wingbacks not tracking back as a wing back that is part of your job...

The midfield is so weak , players playing out of position or just not good enough?

Last week of the window will be key , untried youngsters us not the answer

For once I agree with everything you have said!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:44:56 »

Agree. The reaction has been well over the top. 3 league games in with a near on total new side, what do people expect?

…not to get battered 4-0 by Walsall would definitely be one of my expectations regardless of how ‘new’ the side.

Let’s also not pretend we are the only club with a new manager & new team. Massive squad turn over is not just a Swindon thing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: