Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Rowland  (Read 2973 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 18:39:56 »

As a young lad I skipped school to ensure I was one of the 7000+ Town fans that traveled to Highbury in 79 and would have know idea that Andy Rowland would eventually give me my best ever Swindon Town memory

RIP you will always be remembered

http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=11&s=16&ss=962&c=4508&t=Andy+Rowland%3A+memories+of+beating+Arsenal+in+%2779

What a night in North London.
Supporting Swindon then no comparison to now, nowhere near.
The best days standing in the TE. If only the 1-1 draw had some footage. To see that Billy Tucker goal again would be incredible, I was crushed under a mass of bodies and to this day I still believe the Clock End moved. The support that night was superb. The tubes packed with Swindon and then that late equaliser in our end.⚽️
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 18:45:06 »

What a night in North London.
Supporting Swindon then no comparison to now, nowhere near.
The best days standing in the TE. If only the 1-1 draw had some footage. To see that Billy Tucker goal again would be incredible, I was crushed under a mass of bodies and to this day I still believe the Clock End moved. The support that night was superb. The tubes packed with Swindon and then that late equaliser in our end.⚽️

Both games were fantastic Dukey! I can remember climbing the floodlight near the burger stall in the Townend during extra time. I’ve also tried numerous places over the years even a Arsenal forum to try and get footage of Billy Tuckers header but never had any joy.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 24, 2024, 09:49:50 »

Alan Mayes joining OSC On the Sofa tonight to talk about his strike partner.
MGF

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 19:39:01 »

As many have recollected, Andy Rowland was a gentleman of our club and deserves the highest level of respect.

Met him many times when I was younger and he always put me at ease and was friendly and courteous.

I'm grateful I was able to cross paths with him.

Born and bred a Swindon Town Red.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: