Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Part time / summer jobs for a 16 year old  (Read 703 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 10:47:18 »

Been looking online and it's a minefield of shite. Anyone know of any part time or seasonal summer jobs for a 16 year old in Swindon? Or the best place to check for them?
Be good if there was a vacancy at STFC  Smiley
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:14:47 »

The main supermarkets is always a good place for part time work if they don’t mind getting up early weekends.

You just gotta keep livin man!
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:18:11 »

Been looking online and it's a minefield of shite. Anyone know of any part time or seasonal summer jobs for a 16 year old in Swindon? Or the best place to check for them?

The football in the community used to always look for people to help run the summer camps, although I believe it is voluntary work as opposed to paid. But good experience none the less.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 16:47:35 »

Good luck to your teenager.  It used to be so much easier.  As a 16 yr old in the late 1980s, all you had to do was visit the myriad of employment agencies along Commercial Road on a Friday, and you would have a pick of jobs to choose from starting the following Monday.  There were so many summer jobs going back then that they would take you on (when they weren't meant to) even if you were 15 and without an NI number.

Wise's Bakery, White Arrow, Anchor Butter...just a few of the jobs I remember from back then.  Good money for a teenager as well.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 17:14:33 »

Yep, mid 80s I worked part time in Calne Gateway.  Cool
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 19:13:16 »

Good luck to your teenager.  It used to be so much easier.  As a 16 yr old in the late 1980s, all you had to do was visit the myriad of employment agencies along Commercial Road on a Friday, and you would have a pick of jobs to choose from starting the following Monday.  There were so many summer jobs going back then that they would take you on (when they weren't meant to) even if you were 15 and without an NI number.

Wise's Bakery, White Arrow, Anchor Butter...just a few of the jobs I remember from back then.  Good money for a teenager as well.

Haha we worked the same places, I once had 3 jobs in one day, walked out of 2 in the morning as they were shit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: