Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Salford City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 14087 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 20:10:20 »

I had my first big sausage rolls in the town town end.

and my last.

other dog food "sausage"
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 20:24:15 »

We had the ‘pleasure’ of Ryan Giggs in the Corporate suite and Boardroom today.

Well, I say pleasure, he swept into the lounge with his latest tart accompanied by a local heavy. Not a word to anyone, totally ignored the kids who wanted to see him.

Whilst the MoM was being interviewed, he decided to leave. Once again a heavy waited on the landing. He came through the lounge once again ignoring everyone. He pushed his way past parents taking their kids photos. In fact, he was so fast, the blonde couldn’t keep up.

If any kids had been in his way, he wound have floored them.

A totally odious twat!
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 20:53:28 by bathford » Logged
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 22:36:45 »

Watched the game earlier. What the hell has happened to the pitch? Its the shittest ive ever seen it
I'd say the pitch has cost us 2 points today. Makes it so difficult to run at defenders with pace, and there were at least 2 bobbles before taking a shot.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 10, 2024, 23:28:41 by ReadingRed » Logged
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 00:03:41 »

Another afternoon of prime fourth division football .  I should have stayed at home and done the housework instead.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 07:39:44 »

I had my first big sausage rolls in the town town end.

and my last.

other dog food "sausage"

I can recommend the vegan one, half the size and a decent proxy (but I've not eaten meat for 5 years so could be miles off, who really knows?)

BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 09:32:21 »

The love of hopeless causes. My Orange hat was very lonely yesterday. It would appear that McKirdy turning up has given just enough of a crumb to satisfy the masses. I don't understand the returning hero reception he got yesterday. He did alright last time but he's no legend. Smiles/laughs when he misses penalties if I remember rightly? It would appear that I am out of kilter with the mainstream support on many things.
I enjoyed the pre match pints in the glue pot and spoons and the game was ok. But oh how far we have fallen and how accepting we have become of mediocrity. The last time I felt quite so aghast at the quality on offer was Quinn's season and we were two divisions above where we lie now. Oh well, keep on keepin on.
I bumped into Giggs at Old Trafford when we played them in the premiership year. He was playing with the lifts. Thought he was a turd. Nothings changed by the sound of it.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 10:08:09 »

I’m taking it as a game on its own, not looking forward to see if a little run could get us near the POs or if a slump could see the trapdoor. I enjoyed yesterday’s game - well the 2nd half anyway. That’s as far as I go with it now.

Not much to look forward to, not really likely we’ll go down. You just gave to think/hope that we’ll rise again - and we will.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 10:10:15 »

That's points dropped from winning or drawing positions in 11 games.
I make it a potential net loss of 18pts across the season.
It's infuriating.

The positives were that performance levels picked up in the 2nd half which we dominated.
It's a pleasure to watch a defender who can actually defend, no frills and keeps it simple with the ball.
Up to Gunning to perm three from 6 to get the right combination & blend up front.

To my mind the progression of the squad in to the empty columns on the right of the magic spreadsheet would involve offering the likes of Khan new deals & being serious about it.
Failing that recruit new bodies in the required age range with the requisite amount of league experience under their belts.
Confidence levels are low on either of the above happening in a strategically planned manner, but we'll see.

And FFS sort out the state of the players workplace in the summer as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 10:23:33 »

The love of hopeless causes. My Orange hat was very lonely yesterday. It would appear that McKirdy turning up has given just enough of a crumb to satisfy the masses. I don't understand the returning hero reception he got yesterday. He did alright last time but he's no legend. Smiles/laughs when he misses penalties if I remember rightly? It would appear that I am out of kilter with the mainstream support on many things.
I enjoyed the pre match pints in the glue pot and spoons and the game was ok. But oh how far we have fallen and how accepting we have become of mediocrity. The last time I felt quite so aghast at the quality on offer was Quinn's season and we were two divisions above where we lie now. Oh well, keep on keepin on.
I bumped into Giggs at Old Trafford when we played them in the premiership year. He was playing with the lifts. Thought he was a turd. Nothings changed by the sound of it.
So you're Harry McKirdy?.....That don't impress me much.  I realise mavericks like Harry are not everyone's cup of tea.

You bought the ticket and you're entitled to your opinion which is doubtless shared by others (including by me in other parts).

But to help you understand why I joined in giving him a "hero's reception":

22 goals
EFL Team of the season
STFC player of the season
signed a contract extension in the January window that later earned us a fee
Wound up oppo players and fans*

But the reason fans gave him what you call a "hero's reception" is not in the mind but in the heart.

A somewhat immature, young showman makes his return after an ego-battering spell at Hibs and 6 months out of the game after cardiac surgery.  We're simply vocal in wanting to encourage him to rediscover his form and respond to adversity. Nothing measured or qualified required.  We're fans wherever we shitting are in the Pyramid.

Wouldn't it be great if supporting STFC gave us the comfort of the Glue Pot?

*and our own setup and fans, tbf Wink
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 10:56:14 »

That's points dropped from winning or drawing positions in 11 games.
I make it a potential net loss of 18pts across the season.
It's infuriating.

Think it's worse, we've dropped 26 points in those games where we've been in front (7 draws & 4 defeats)

And FFS sort out the state of the players workplace in the summer as well.

We were discussing this yesterday, is it that the new groundsman isn't as good as Marcus, or is it that the budget has been cut back to the barest minimum.

We think it may be a bit of both, but probably much more the latter
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 11:32:44 »

Think it's worse, we've dropped 26 points in those games where we've been in front (7 draws & 4 defeats)

Yeah that's right, I was also taking into account the points gained from drawing or losing positions which was from a paltry 3 games I think.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 12:36:55 »

We were discussing this yesterday, is it that the new groundsman isn't as good as Marcus, or is it that the budget has been cut back to the barest minimum.

We think it may be a bit of both, but probably much more the latter
I think it’s a case that at City he was working on a desso pitch, with undersoil heating and all the equipment he could possibly need whereas here it’s the complete opposite. Probably a steep learning curve and struggling to adapt. Also Cassidy knew the pitch inside out so knew exactly where any problems might occur.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 14:18:34 »

definitely the worst the pitch has been for ages. Not got the expertise to make a view on why.

it's been very wet, the pitch has had a few more games on it then normal, it's not unreasonable to the untrained eye to think it's been a difficult season. Gawd knows what prep the pitch had in preseason.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 14:24:51 »

lots of rain on a clay subsoil, my allotment is like a swimming pool
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, February 11, 2024, 14:35:09 »

definitely the worst the pitch has been for ages. Not got the expertise to make a view on why.

it's been very wet, the pitch has had a few more games on it then normal, it's not unreasonable to the untrained eye to think it's been a difficult season. Gawd knows what prep the pitch had in preseason.

He recorded it all on his Twitter account - @CassidyMarcus

It looked pretty thorough. The weather hasn't been kind to say the least.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: