Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January Window - expectations, hopes and fears  (Read 4512 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 17:17:28 »

Assuming the other 2 loans depart, my money would be on filling the 5 loan slots and no permanent signing's in - as "January is a tough window"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 17:21:02 »

If they’ve given up on this season then loans are fair enough. Reassess in the summer.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 17:39:32 »

On the basis that it is harder to win new “customers” than retain the ones that you have, they have the rest of this season to try and retain as many ST holders as they can - otherwise we genuinely will be in financial trouble next year. A bargain basement January will be a false economy this year. *and if there is no alternative to a bargain basement Jan, it’s further confirmation that the owners aren’t fit for purpose.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 18:14:43 by Frigby Daser » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 17:56:30 »

4 gone - Kemp, Young, Hutton, Khan - not counting Mahoney as thats already happened

2 in - u21’s from Preston or somewhere like that

Oh and dont forget the ‘we made an offer that couldnt compete’ and get laughed at by the selling club like Hartlepool did with our poverty bid for Umerah
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 19:43:26 »

McKirdy hasn’t started training yet after his heart problem

Been training since October. By the looks of his post op photo it looked like a carotid endarterectomy so should be well enough in the new year.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 21:38:21 »

I cannot see us signing the amount of players required. Not because of costs, but for any team to sign more than 5 players in Jan transfer window is unheard of. If we sell/let them go/return to parent club, then it will be a case of replacing then adding two or so more.

I think we need as close to double figures as possible in replacements. The issue then is performing/gelling as a team. Is that an excuse though nowadays?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 21:48:18 »

Plenty will go out the door but few come in

Additions will be likely deadline day- loans I expect
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 30, 2023, 21:49:55 »

On the basis that it is harder to win new “customers” than retain the ones that you have, they have the rest of this season to try and retain as many ST holders as they can - otherwise we genuinely will be in financial trouble next year. A bargain basement January will be a false economy this year. *and if there is no alternative to a bargain basement Jan, it’s further confirmation that the owners aren’t fit for purpose.

I think most fans know they ain’t fit for purpose- there is a group that will clap and add lick Clem whatever he did tbh
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 11:09:01 »

I have zero expectations and mostly negative thoughts about this transfer window.

Over to you Clem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 11:50:47 »

I have zero expectations and mostly negative thoughts about this transfer window.

Over to you Clem.
My thoughts exactly...
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:19:31 »

Over to you Clem.

Expect the very worst, hope to be surprised...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:29:21 »

I’m convinced Danny Johnson will replace Young. He’s done at Walsall for sure.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:30:15 »

Expecting Kemp, Young and Khan to leave. Replaced with garbage on the last day of the window with players no one else wanted. The silence from Clem is deafening. Before Christmas he was coming back to personally oversea the transfer window. Obviously has no money to spend so staying quiet.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:32:37 »

Tbf, what do you expect him to say. Keeping schtum is what everybody does, or should do, when it comes to transfers.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, December 31, 2023, 12:41:07 »

The silence from Clem is deafening. Before Christmas he was coming back to personally oversea the transfer window. Obviously has no money to spend so staying quiet.

Or quiet because he came half way across the world to sort a sale out. The best present we can hope for in 2024.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: