Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v Barrow Matchday Thread  (Read 15356 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:49:33 »

We used to be dangerous at both ends of the pitch. We've tightened up at the wrong end.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:53:09 »

Since October 3rd

L Notts 1-3
L Bradford 0-1
L Reading 0-5
W Newport 2-0
D Salford 2-2
L Gills 0-1
L MK 2-3
L Aldershot 4-7 (7-0 down)
L Colchester 1-3
L Stockport 2-4
D Harrogate 1-1
L Exeter 0-1
W Mansfield 2-1 (last minute winner)
W Accrington 4-3 (almost threw away 4-0 lead)
L Wimbledon 0-4
L Barrow 0-3 (so far)

F 21 A 42

Horrendous.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:53:43 »

It's not acceptable but demoralised players are hard to motivate.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:53:45 »

Imagine Kemp & Young will be called back next week

You just gotta keep livin man!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:54:30 »

I don’t see how getting rid of Flynn improves anything. People are just lashing out wildly.
I know what you are getting at but this has been poor for weeks now and its just not working.

Yes the issues are above Flynn but he must have professional pride.

I have backed Flynn as much as I feel is possible, the football early season was great to watch but in the last 5 or 6 weeks its been utterly terrible with very little in attack and less in defence.

Me saying for Flynn to go is not a knee jerk reaction I have thought long and hard about it as I don't like to criticise the manager when hes been dealt a weak hand but this is truly woeful and currently about as bad as Sheridan was for me.

The players look like they dont want to be there and lack cohesion and teamwork and a desire to play for Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:54:40 »

It's not acceptable but demoralised players are hard to motivate.

Think of the poor cats in households when disgruntled fans return home🤣

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:56:24 »

I know what you are getting at but this has been poor for weeks now and its just not working.

I have backed Flynn as much as I feel is possible, the football early season was great to watch but in the last 5 or 6 weeks its been uttlery terrible with very little in attack and less in defence.

Me saying for Flynn to go is not a knee jerk reaction I have thought long and hard about it as I don't like to criticise the manager when hes been dealt a weak hand but this is truly woeful and currently about as bad as Sheridan was for me.

The players look like they dont want to be there and lack cohesion and teamwork and a desire to play for Swindon.
It looks as if a very poor and very light dressing room has been lost

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:57:06 »

I have backed Flynn as much as I feel is possible, the football early season was great to watch but in the last 5 or 6 weeks its been uttlery terrible with very little in attack and less in defence.

I’d say judge him when he’s got a squad to choose from. He’s having to play a team out of position and out on their feet, under an administration that doesn’t know what it’s doing. Flynn is a long way from being our biggest problem.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:58:03 »

How fucking shit is this division that were *still* only two points outside the playoffs with three wins in 17 games.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 16:58:44 »

I’m too pissed off to even look at the league table these days!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 17:01:30 »

Well that was bad.  We are bad.

No way Flynn gets the hook, can't afford it as well as the fine that is incoming.

Clearly we have a poor squad, most people saw that coming.  I was worried we were too cavalier in the early going of the season, thought that wouldn't hold up.  It hasn't - no amount of disregard for basic defending can make a game entertaining enough when you start losing.  Now we are beyond that - the entertaining is gone because we can't rotate any players and the back-ups are awful, we are in the grind of the season and never sorted the defence out when we should have done and are reaping the rewards of putting together a shit squad.  

Hopefully someone, somewhere, is having a good time off of the back of the 8m+ we are spending as a club, because it sure as hell isn't the fans having to put up with the abject performances of an abject squad that seems under financed.

At least the season ticket holders can't demand a refund, given this game was undoubtedly one of the free ones.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 17:03:36 »

Midfield looks utterly lost. the four of them all seem on different pages
Not just midfield.

Running off the ball looking slow and dutiful rather than instant and instinctive as it was earlier this season.

This was well below Conference standard.  As we know anyway from the FAC.

Not calling for his head and certainly sympathetic to the hand he's been dealt but the defensive disregard remains stubbornly unrepaired and all joy on the ball now gone.  Reason enough to start looking at the role of Flynn and his coaches. Why wouldn't we?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 17:10:33 »

How fucking shit is this division that were *still* only two points outside the playoffs with three wins in 17 games.

Bizarrely we’ve lost the same amount of games as Notts County🤔

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 17:15:40 »

Left on the 65min as I didn’t want my freeloading ass to watch much more
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 17:16:33 »

That was bad. Left after the third.

Never seen a bunch of players so uninterested. We are devoid of ideas big time.

Time to sell up Clem. You've fucked it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: