Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 31474 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:07:27 »

Just being even a Lincoln would do.

You fancy the 6 seasons in non league?

The funny thing is those teams that suffer that & come back do seem to come back stronger, however there are plenty that don’t (or haven’t yet) made it back.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:11:10 »

Att 7,821 for anyone interested no away figure.

Third of the crowd town then.

Pathetic support from those club stealing plastic franchise cunts.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:11:20 »

You fancy the 6 seasons in non league?

The funny thing is those teams that suffer that & come back do seem to come back stronger, however there are plenty that don’t (or haven’t yet) made it back.

Haha, obviously a current Lincoln, but yes, I do agree. Those clubs who bounce back up from NL, always seem to hit a bit of momentum and grab a promotion or two in the EFL when back.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:12:04 »

Third of the crowd town then.

Pathetic support from those club stealing plastic franchise cunts.

They must have a very patient owner who continues to back that shit😁

You just gotta keep livin man!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:12:28 »

Going off on a tangent how fantastic is Stadium MK? Had a slight disagreement with another fan yesterday at the concourse bar yesterday during halftime when he was making it known how soulless it was and how he’d take the County Ground every time because of its ‘character’. I might be in the minority but Stadium MK is everything we should be aiming for. Comfortable padded seats with plenty of legroom not to mention great view wherever you are sat. Stadium MK way too big for the franchise but why wouldn’t you want similar in Swindon?
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:12:50 »

If they had 5000 fans there yesterday my cock’s a kipper.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:14:05 »

Going off on a tangent how fantastic is Stadium MK? Had a slight disagreement with another fan yesterday at the concourse bar yesterday during halftime when he was making it known how soulless it was and how he’d take the County Ground every time because of its ‘character’. I might be in the minority but Stadium MK is everything we should be aiming for. Comfortable padded seats with plenty of legroom not to mention great view wherever you are sat. Stadium MK way too big for the franchise but why wouldn’t you want similar in Swindon?
I agree. Did you see the queue walking out for the Halloween event they were putting on for the kids.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:14:24 »

That’s what Mr Brady wanted in 2001😁

You just gotta keep livin man!
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:20:06 »

He is right though sadly. Nothing will change in Jan either

It will, just not for the better.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:26:57 »

It would be a fair question as to why Flynn doesn’t fancy Genesini there though - most thought he looked competent versus FGR.

I wouldn't say I was impressed with Genesini but he has been by far the best of a very bad bunch at LWB, the others being Shade, Ward and Uwakwe.....*shudders*
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:31:23 »

Thing is we don't need Clem to fund it. We fucking fund it. We pay money and turn up and provide revenue. What is the issue? Saying Clem can't fund it makes it sound like we're looking for a hand out and we're not. We're looking for what we fucking deserve.

We don't deserve to have a shite budget comparable to clubs that get fuck all support in this league, we simply don't.

The fact that we make losses every year (except for 2022) would indicate that the revenue we generate does not cover the day to day costs. As a result Swindon need to cut overheads accordingly to break even. The easiest way to do this is by reducing wages (hence playing budget).

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1088062762599804929

Interesting tweet from a few years ago.  Pompey used to have massive debts but went into administration and presumably most of the debts were written off.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:31:56 »

Quote from: The Grim Reaper

like that, but smaller with chance to expand. we don't need 8.5k in a 30.5k stadium. I'd hate that.

realistically though we'll replace stands slowly rather than a big bang new stadium. TE, SB and arkells. drs can stay
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:35:16 »

I was one who was always so keen on low churn and having the same manager for stability, but what good is that now when we can't sustain a large enough budget to compete in this league nor afford to retain our better out of contract players this summer. It's a doom cycle sadly until someone can sustain us to compete with likes of Stockport, Salford etc.

Who can we compete with? I'm not expecting us to compete with the wealthy owners gang on budget, but us and Bradford should have the top budget outside of them. I can't see evidence that is the case based on our wafer thin squad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:36:04 »

We don't deserve to have a shite budget comparable to clubs that get fuck all support in this league, we simply don't.
The fact that we make losses every year (except for 2022) would indicate that the revenue we generate does not cover the day to day costs. As a result Swindon need to cut overheads accordingly to break even. The easiest way to do this is buy reducing wages (hence playing budget).

oooh oooh. Mr manc... he started it this time.

According to the AB Q&A we've not reduced this ongoing loss over the last year.

so yeah . Clem does have to cover it, or we go backwards

unless we have a pathetic squad next year of course

That's if you believe a word of those minutes of course.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:37:33 »

Reducing the budget has the not surprising knock on effect of reducing the number of paying fans.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: