Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, August 25, 2023, 19:51:07)
Lewis Ward - 5 (14.3%)
Benn Ward - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn - 10 (28.6%)
Sonny Hart - 2 (5.7%)
Tariq Ukwakwe (sub 66) - 0 (0%)
Brooklyn Genesini - 0 (0%)
Liam Kinsella - 0 (0%)
Jaxon Brown (sub 66) - 0 (0%)
Jake Cain - 7 (20%)
Jake Wakeling - 5 (14.3%)
Abu Kanu (sub 73) - 6 (17.1%)
Tyrese Shade (on 66) - 0 (0%)
Anton Dworzak (on 66) - 0 (0%)
Miles Obodo (on 73) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Arsenal U21 MoM Thread  (Read 1421 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 19:51:07 »

Not a serious game of football, but it was sort of fun and the votes still count...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:00:35 »

Cain for me, just ahead of Wakeling.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:00:48 »

Ward,despite some dodgy moments made enough saves to edge it for me from Minturn. Biggest disappointment,Kinsella. For a player with the experience many were craving to have such little impact in a game surrounded by kids was I thought a massive let down. Didn't even step up for a pen.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:09:26 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:07:48 »

I thought Cain looked like one of the few rounded players on the pitch.

I think he'll get minutes for us this season. There's something in there.

Ward much as before... a very good shot stopper but some extremely hairy moments and has two left feet.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:09:46 »

Wakeling had a decent enough first half but drifted out of the game as it went on.

Ward for some decent saves.  He'd have been a good goalkeeper in the 80's, before back picking up the ball from back passes was removed.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:33:15 »

For some reason or another I read the team sheet and totally missed that Kinsella was playing and have to say that in my reading of the game he was anonymous which is a disappointment and can only give him the benefit of the doubt regarding little pre-season fitness etc. etc.

Gave my vote to Wakeling, worked hard for little reward over the ninety minutes. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 20:47:58 »

Had to be Minturn, for that hattrick of goal-saving clearances !

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 21:52:56 »

Went for Ward (L). Saves kept the score down.

Wakeling good in first half.
Cain was steady & Minturn the pick of the CB's.

Kanu. I liked his attitude & energy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
SwindonCoops

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 09:17:50 »

Kanu for me. Effort, promising touches, strength. I thought he deserved a goal. He could have had one as well with that quick run when the defenders were chasing back after him. He seemed to run out of ideas / puff right outside the box though - and of course no-one else had got anywhere near catching him up to offer support. Oh and that moment where he very nearly took the ball down well which would have given him a decent effort at goal. 

Like others, I expected much more from the players that are on the fringe of the first team - especially Kinsella.

At the back, Ward grew in to the game, but he was oh so rusty in the first ten minutes. Other than that he was broadly ok. Glad to have him back at the club.

Mino with those great goal line clearances was a positive too.

Unfortunately not a lot to say for any of the rest. I know it is a glorified training game, but I wanted to see those players trying to put in a shift to give Flynn a selection headache and that sadly didn't happen from any of them.

Of course, I'll acknowledge that Arsenal were a very decent side which trickery all over the park. Especially their number 45 - he had tricks for days, but thankfully no shooting boots!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:55:06 »

I found it difficult to judge:
- Lewis Ward made some good saves but looked dodgy at times (especially with the ball at his feet)
- Benn Ward was abysmal to begin with and got better
- Cain looked OK in parts
- I didn't notice who is was who kept clearing it off the line. Comments suggest Minturn, but I thought, just like the defensive errors, it was a combination of players.
- Kinsella threw himself into a couple of tackles, but did nothing else
- Uwakwe can cross a ball, but not much else.
- Wakeling looks overweight to me. He had a few mins where he looked good and then faded
- Kanu tried hard. I want him to do well
- The rest were chasing shadows

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: