Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 15:51:50)
Murphy Mahoney - 2 (3.2%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 5 (8.1%)
Tom Brewitt - 15 (24.2%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 29 (46.8%)
Bennn Ward (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (1.6%)
George McEachran (sub 78) - 1 (1.6%)
Saidou Khan - 6 (9.7%)
Dan Kemp - 0 (0%)
Charlie Austin - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 45) - 0 (0%)
Jake Young (on 45) - 1 (1.6%)
Tariq Uwakwe (on 45) - 0 (0%)
Liam Kinsella (on 78) - 2 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe MoM Thread  (Read 1968 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 15:51:50 »

Plenty to like about that performance I think, even if the final result is a frustrating one. Who impressed you?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 15:54:25 »

Easy Dokes for me.

FBT and Kinsella looked handy too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 15:55:47 »

Dokes closely followed by FBT

Austin looked lost today
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 16:04:42 »

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS

Dokes.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 16:29:20 »

It's got to be-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-eee...Maaalife

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 16:49:07 »

Conceded 2, but thought FBT and Brewett had good games
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 17:16:02 »

Brewitt for me. So much better in a back 3. One cracking last ditch tackle and lots of other good work.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 12, 2023, 17:24:45 »

Charlie Ausin was a liability today.
Very sad to watch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 08:14:26 »

Some really good performances today. I thought Khan was neat and tidy and got some shots off from the edge of the box. UGM really comfortable bringing the ball out. FBT got the sponsors man of the match which they rarely seem to get right. Another competent display by Brewitt as well.

I think I'm going to go with the sponsors for once, shock horror!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 09:35:06 »

Having watched the game back in full it has reinforced my view on watching it in live that Khan and Godwin-Malife were the 2 outstanding players on the day, with Brewitt and Blake-Tracey also very decent. The lack of votes for Khan is somewhat surprising and maybe reflects some bias based on last seasons performances from him where he was frequently caught in possession, something that didn't happen on Saturday. The Crewe commentators said he was our best player and he gets my motm vote.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 09:42:21 »

Having watched the game back in full it has reinforced my view on watching it in live that Khan and Godwin-Malife were the 2 outstanding players on the day, with Brewitt and Blake-Tracey also very decent. The lack of votes for Khan is somewhat surprising and maybe reflects some bias based on last seasons performances from him where he was frequently caught in possession, something that didn't happen on Saturday. The Crewe commentators said he was our best player and he gets my motm vote.
I thought it could have been Khans best game for us TBH, only outshone by Dokes. As you say FBT and Brewitt both decent games too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 09:52:35 »

Listening to LSPod and reinforced how divisive Brewitt is - maybe more than anyone else in our squad (Khan? Hutton?).

I think (and I'm a bad football analyst so could be utter bollocks) he's a fundamentally sound defender who can tackle and head and is reasonably physical, all things that most fans like. His weaknesses for me are in decision making and positioning - particularly for the second goal yesterday he's literally stood there pointing at Tracey rather than marking him - obviously he doesn't end up scoring but would have easily tapped in the rebound. Perhaps those characteristics are... less often noticed by the casual fan?

The comparison for me is someone like Rafael Rossi Branco, who lots of people loved and lots of people didn't. Just interesting how the fanbase agrees on some players, but really doesn't on others.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 09:57:43 »

I think you nailed it . Last season every now and then he positionally switched off and it cost us goals.

I thought he played well on Saturday, but I've not watched the TV football which makes some things easier to see. 

He did put in a list ditch tackle to stop a certain shot on goal - that'll help with popularity.

mixed bag, mixed opinions.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 10:32:50 »

Likeability and ability aren’t always directly proportional either.

Brewitt is likeable, despite his limitations outlined above.

Keshi Anderson, for example, had bags of ability but was about as likeable as piles.

Some fans (the cognoscenti…) are only interested in, or more interested in ability. Some value character etc highly. Each to their own.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 10:48:43 »

Listening to LSPod and reinforced how divisive Brewitt is - maybe more than anyone else in our squad (Khan? Hutton?).

I think (and I'm a bad football analyst so could be utter bollocks) he's a fundamentally sound defender who can tackle and head and is reasonably physical, all things that most fans like. His weaknesses for me are in decision making and positioning - particularly for the second goal yesterday he's literally stood there pointing at Tracey rather than marking him - obviously he doesn't end up scoring but would have easily tapped in the rebound. Perhaps those characteristics are... less often noticed by the casual fan?

The comparison for me is someone like Rafael Rossi Branco, who lots of people loved and lots of people didn't. Just interesting how the fanbase agrees on some players, but really doesn't on others.

I thought Brewitt had a solid game.

Think how people rate Brewitt depend on what they expect from him. He’s probably a lot more blood & guts and a bit less football than what’s in vogue currently for defenders. Even at this level - the expectations have gone from effort & commitment but a bit shit to being technically gifted footballers. All over the pitch.

He’s good at what he’s good at & not good at what he’s not good at.
For me he’s like a reverse Conroy. Take Brewitt’s rough defenderness and splice it with Conroy’s ball playing ability and you have a fairly decent CB.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: