Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stfc Museum  (Read 3739 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 11:54:27 »

Just reading the article on the adver

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23593956.swindon-town-football-club-museum-project-launched/

Glad that we are creating a museum, the article doesn't say where it is going to be housed though assume somewhere in the Arkells or does it need to wait until stadium redevelopment for a proper home ?

I believe I have may have couple of signed Ball's and maybe a signed shirt somewhere I would loan if that is the type of thing they are looking for ?

I'm sure the older generation must have items from years ago
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 12:02:55 »

I'm glad they are doing this too.

I contacted them a while ago as saw it on Twitter (there is a twitter account for the Swindon Town museum) and said i could loan them some of my old programmes, they replied and said it would be a while before it was all set up.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 12:40:28 »

From what I've seen the museum room will hopefully be housed in a redeveloped Townend but the team are looking to preserve the history and also a stadium wide approach to a museum, which will hopefully be delivered before the redevelopment.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 14:29:20 »

https://stfcmuseum.org/

i should have put in my earlier post, they also have a website (link above)
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2024, 18:57:23 »

Went on a guided tour today and great to meet two other Town Enders - and so lovely to be in the company of Dick Mattick and John Trollope. I'm going to establish contact with Dick and see what I might be able to offer to the development of an STFC Museum. As regards the guided tour: it was absolutely delightful and living proof that a trip down memory lane isn't always potholed. A great couple of hours: truly heartwarming. Still reeling.
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 25, 2024, 09:09:14 »

It was lovely to meet you Wormholes, heard some great strories from John Trollope which were quite frankly almost unbelievable.

A really good 2 and a half hours and well worth doing for any Town fan.

Oh and the pitch looks as good as any I have seen at the County Ground.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 25, 2024, 09:20:10 »

I met up with Garry last night and he gave me the lowdown.  It sounds like Dick hasn't changed at all.  I saw the photos and he still looks very well and is still completely enthusiatic about the club which is great to hear.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 25, 2024, 09:44:18 »

Dick is a nice very knowledgeable chap I got on well with him, he reminds me of Eggsheads Chris Hughes.

Shame we missed you at the Goddard Arms Berni.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 25, 2024, 12:03:32 »

Yeah, i didn't hear back from Garry until just before his BBC thing, met up with him after.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 25, 2024, 13:04:07 »

Sure the club said last season they were going to put some display cases and cabinets in the concourses!
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 09:11:38 »

Sure the club said last season they were going to put some display cases and cabinets in the concourses!
Apparently Dick has literally hundreds of items of interest that were basically being thrown out by the club in the 80s that he grabbed hold of and kept safe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: