Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Sir Seton Wills  (Read 3207 times)
ahounsell

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 9, 2023, 16:44:25 »

His time as owner was not exactly successful but he was a genuine fan and deserves to be remembered for his financial contributions to the club.

Condolences to his family

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-65850290
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 9, 2023, 16:50:29 »

It was more successful than the current era!

Was in it for the right reasons and should be remembered fondly. RIP
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 9, 2023, 17:02:51 »

Well we did get promoted to the premier league during his era then he kept us afloat after that so not too shabby!
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 9, 2023, 23:21:00 »

In many ways, Sir Seaton did far more than Clem has so far.  He provided the club with vital financial support in order to make the Premiership.

He kept the club afloat at a time when it would have been easier to say no.  All of this was done without him ever wanting a penny back.

But at that time, there wasn’t the social media platforms to advertise his donations,  he just quietly got on with things. Not looking for gratitude or ‘hero worship’. Just knowing that the club was safe was all the thanks he needed.

When I saw him heading for the Boardroom last season, it was a nice surprise to see him back.

RIP Sir.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 08:31:27 »

I'm not sure this is the right thread to respond to that bathford.

It certainly wasn't all plain sailing. And towards the end of his tenure there certainly was social media!

But the money put into the club I've always believed was both extensive and with a love of the club.Thankyou. RIP
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 10:48:03 »

I don't think I'd realised how early SSW was involved, in my mind (and bearing in mind I was a kid in the 90s so boards weren't really on my radar) he came in after the Donegan/Evans/Ruddock shenanigans.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 11:59:57 »

I'm not sure this is the right thread to respond to that bathford.

It certainly wasn't all plain sailing. And towards the end of his tenure there certainly was social media!

But the money put into the club I've always believed was both extensive and with a love of the club.Thankyou. RIP

No indeed, it wasn’t plain sailing. What I meant about the social media aspect of his time was that he ever really sought thanks, interviews or praise.

He was a quiet man who just got on with things and kept his head down
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 14:54:11 »

A man whose wallet was in inverse proportion to his mouth.  In a heartwarming way.  And refreshingly so for STFC.

RIP big man.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 10, 2023, 15:15:21 »

Quote from: bathford
What I meant about the social media aspect of his time was that he ever really sought thanks, interviews or praise.

oh indeed, yes that's very true
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: