Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Two 2023/24  (Read 7962 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 09:52:31 »

Difficult start with 3 of the 1st 4 games being away, could be 4 out of the first 5 if we get drawn away in the 1st round of the League Cup too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 09:53:58 »

Difficult start with 3 of the 1st 4 games being away, could be 4 out of the first 5 if we get drawn away in the 1st round of the League Cup too.

I forgot that was today

(2:30, Sky Sports)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 10:03:27 »

Could be a god send, we have been gash at home in recent years.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 10:14:07 »

Could be a god send, we have been gash at home in recent years.
Not sure, took us 6 games to get a win away last season and only 3 to get a home win.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 10:22:45 »

Colchester have been a right dodgy team for us over recent years right, 1 win for us in the last 3 seasons, and haven't beaten them at their place since 2016. Maybe that will change with Garner there. It will certainly be interesting to see how any 'new' style we have fairs against how we know Garner's team will play.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 11:56:26 »

Any surprise Salford v Wrexham is the fixture for the international weekend. And they reckon it’s random.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 14:21:34 »

Someone raised the point on Twitter that since 2017, we’ve only spent one season above League Two level and that was behind closed doors (minus a couple games).

So home fans have only watched in person, League Two football since 2017. Compare that to us previously going down into League Two and more or less coming straight back up, the overall negative atmosphere is put in context a little bit more in my opinion.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 14:24:51 »

Any surprise Salford v Wrexham is the fixture for the international weekend. And they reckon it’s random.

Surely both teams will have too many players away on international duty causing it to be postponed😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 14:26:19 »

Someone raised the point on Twitter that since 2017, we’ve only spent one season above League Two level and that was behind closed doors (minus a couple games).

So home fans have only watched in person, League Two football since 2017. Compare that to us previously going down into League Two and more or less coming straight back up, the overall negative atmosphere is put in context a little bit more in my opinion.

And that particular League One season was an enormous train wreck from shortly after the start until the finish.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 14:31:09 »

Surely both teams will have too many players away on international duty causing it to be postponed😀

Wouldn't sky force them to play it like when we played FGR two seasons back?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 14:56:05 »

This sums up why I feel the way I do. A gnawing base level of depression and resentment at what is an historically poor decade in the long history of the club. That's where the "get behind the club! we are lucky to have one!" schtick gets wearing. I am still here, still hoping, still behind the team on matchday. But it still hurts like hell.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 15:08:17 »

So bored of hearing about fucking Wrexham already. Long season ahead, hope we're good!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 19:58:05 »

Wouldn't sky force them to play it like when we played FGR two seasons back?

I'm not sure how it works I thought if you had 3 away on international duty the club could call the game off but I may be wrong.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 20:58:35 »

So bored of hearing about fucking Wrexham already. Long season ahead, hope we're good!

Rather like Macbeth is “The Scottish Play” I think we should refer to them as “The Welsh Club”.

I know there’s Newport but whatever. Bored of reading the word Wrexham!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 21:02:40 »

They may just surprise the media circus and struggle😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: