Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22151 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:28:09 »

I think we are expecting the retained list today.

Any shocks on the horizon?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:38:19 »

I think there may be a shock or two as there usually is (but I am unable to offer any guesses as to what those shocks may be). I expect Harries, Parsons and Massey to be released. Anyone know what time we can expect this list? I have been checking the club website quite frequently!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:40:34 »

Not sure...

Hopefully we take up our options on RHM, McEachran and Brewitt if they haven't triggered them already.

Harries looks to be out of the door.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:52:00 »

Genuinely feel sorry for any player at any club who gets jettisoned. Must be a worrying time.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:53:25 »

Genuinely feel sorry for any player at any club who gets jettisoned. Must be a worrying time.

Especially when someone you have probably never met (Flynn) is pulling the trigger.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:58:54 »

Of those out of contract I would keep McEachran, RHM and Brewitt, all of them being decent squad members who can be used when needed but I would prefer not to rely on them all for the whole season.

I wouldnt actually mind if Harries, Iandolo, Khan, Massey, Baudry, Parsons, Dabre, Aguiar and Adeloye were all offloaded.

I would also like Lavinier, Austin, Williams and Hutton to be offered new terms.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 10:59:47 »

Especially when someone you have probably never met (Flynn) is pulling the trigger.
Gunning was in charge of releasing the players who are not wanted apparently he said pre game on Monday.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:00:44 »

Offer Williams and Austin new deals, the rest that are out of contract can fuck off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:02:43 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Gunning was in charge of releasing the players who are not wanted apparently he said pre game on Monday.

I think that was taken from an interview before Flynn was named manager. probably the pre match press conference.

it still makes sense from one of the old guard to do it though
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:05:48 »

Posted this in the other thread but for information, those definitely OOC are:

Baudry (Retiring), Brewitt (Option), Harries, Minturn, McEachran (Option), Williams, Parsons, Dabre, Cowmeadow, Austin, Massey, RHM (Option)

Then we don't know contract lengths for Brann, Roberts and Lavinier, but we think Lavinier and Roberts probably have another year.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:10:20 »

Baudry (Retiring), Brewitt (Option), Harries, Minturn, McEachran (Option), Williams, Parsons, Dabre, Cowmeadow, Austin, Massey, RHM (Option)

Then we don't know contract lengths for Brann, Roberts and Lavinier, but we think Lavinier and Roberts probably have another year.
Cheers Neems Smiley I have seen many posts on FB and other places contradicting those contract lengths and the club seemingly unwilling to discuss lengths of contracts upon signing lately.

I would keep all the ones you marked as options plus extend Austin and Williams stays, I would offer Minturn another year too.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:21:40 »

Cheers Neems Smiley I have seen many posts on FB and other places contradicting those contract lengths and the club seemingly unwilling to discuss lengths of contracts upon signing lately.

I would keep all the ones you marked as options plus extend Austin and Williams stays, I would offer Minturn another year too.

I think Minturn has done more then enough to warrant a new contract. Will only get better, a nice down to earth lad and his dad is top drawer
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:33:19 »

I think Minturn has done more then enough to warrant a new contract. Will only get better, a nice down to earth lad and his dad is top drawer

I think he's shown enough in the few chances he has had, moreso than Parsons for example.

The other thing, I can't imagine he would be expecting a lot of money
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:43:33 »

I first saw Minturn play for the youths about 3 years ago and he was a big lad back then and impressed me, I know many people who are close to his Dad, I think he can progress but will need more game time, I would like to think we could possibly get him a 6 month loan at maybe Conference level to build him up to be ready for the frst team.

He has made a few errors when he has played but thats expected in a play of such young years and he has done very well in games too but I dont want to need to rely on playing him as a couple of poor games could ruin his confidence and put him back in his development.

I would already say he is a better prospect than Kadji was.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 12, 2023, 11:45:56 »

Kept in bold the ones that I'd want. We do have some dross on our books, even though not on much money seems such a waste of wages.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: