Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2023/24 Kits  (Read 39886 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 11:50:34 »

Wasn't there a big fuss this year that ours was not a template but bespoke in homage to the PL year shirt?
Correct. So to be fair, neither this season's or last season's shirt was from a standard template... not that I'd be terribly bothered if they were...
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 11:50:38 »

It had the 'swirl' from the Premier League kit or something...

So much more the club could do to max out kit sales, with marketing around kit launches.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 11:51:56 »

That was marketing fluf. It had a black trim ffs.
That bit didn't make sense but the swirly bits were from our Prem shirts...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 11:57:49 »

That black trim needs to go and absolutely no white shoulder panels, we get relegated almost every time we have white on the shoulders.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:00:07 »

I'd quite like green back on the kit. Despite the fact I can't see it, felt like it made us fairly unique in our colour scheme.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:28:11 »

I'd quite like green back on the kit. Despite the fact I can't see it, felt like it made us fairly unique in our colour scheme.

Darius?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:19:15 »

That black trim needs to go and absolutely no white shoulder panels, we get relegated almost every time we have white on the shoulders.
True, but by the same token, EVERY time without fail that we've been relegated... we've worn red🤔
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:38:57 »

Re; Newport, I bet that's the same reason Shitty had their next season's kit on sale super early, they were both Hummel kits, who's UK retailer went bust and weren't able to sell any more stock.

Our home kit this season is definitely bespoke, that's the oil spill pattern from the early 90s.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:11:45 »

True, but by the same token, EVERY time without fail that we've been relegated... we've worn red🤔
Holy shit

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:18:52 »

We had that one custom one that we ran out of and therefore wasn't cost viable to order more.

I've said it before but go for a lesser brand and get a better deal for the club. Those Strikeforce kits were some of my favourites, but I don't think they exist anymore.

Those brands were hit and miss as well though. I can’t remember exactly which manufacturer it was, but the shirt material one year was so horribly uncomfortable it was unwearable without another layer. (Might have been ‘dgi’? Sam Parkin era I think)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:33:03 »

that was a diamandis special "coalsack"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:48:08 »

Yeay, more crap standard templates

Have you seen our kits for the last two seasons?
Anything but that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:51:12 »

Those brands were hit and miss as well though. I can’t remember exactly which manufacturer it was, but the shirt material one year was so horribly uncomfortable it was unwearable without another layer. (Might have been ‘dgi’? Sam Parkin era I think)

Yeah that was DGI. I still have a pair of white shorts from that kit which is really high quality. not badges peeled off like the kits made 10 years later. The original shirts were totally the wrong material though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:56:24 »

Been saying this for years now.

So many teams play in red and white but we used to have a little touch of green just to look a bit different.

Although back then in the 90s & 00s half our club crest was green. Now it’s red, white with gold trimming. So I can see why a lot manufacturers wouldn’t think to add green to any STFC design.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 18:02:19 »

Been saying this for years now.

So many teams play in red and white but we used to have a little touch of green just to look a bit different.

Although back then in the 90s & 00s half our club crest was green. Now it’s red, white with gold trimming. So I can see why a lot manufacturers wouldn’t think to add green to any STFC design.

On the topic of DGI, I thought the blue on that kit was a dark green when I first saw it. Why the fuck we had blue on our kit i'll never know.

Some of the t shirts in the club shop looked like a pepsi logo.

The away kit was lovely though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: