Poll
Question: Few suggestions - choose your preferred new manager from this list (apologies if your favourite is not listed)
Chris Hughton
Karl Robinson
Fab Piccareta
Dave Artell
Darrell Clarke
Cowley Brothers
Robbie Fowler
Luke Garrard
Graham Alexander
Sol Campbell
Paul Caddis
Other/Not named in list
Michael Appleton
Gav Gunning

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's the gaffer then?  (Read 8532 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:13:40 »

I think I'd go with the Cowleys this time.

We just need something completely different. No more academy coaches.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:16:34 »

Ryan Mason may be looking for a new job soon!

Did we not just appoint the Chelsea equivalent of him and watch it turn to utter shit?

..never go back.
DMC

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:51:19 »

We did, this and the other thread alone shows you that they'll never get it right from the off. No matter who they appoint needs supporting from the off this time
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 18:55:58 »

My vote is in other but if he was there at the time I would have voted for Mad Gav Gunning & Mildenball

Apologies I completely forgot about him/them when creating the poll. I seem to be able to reset the votes, but I don't think I'll bother.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:21:39 »

I would hope it’s Artell but as the clubs skint it’ll almost certainly be Gunning & Mildenhall
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:22:17 »

Where has this ‘the club is skint’ come from?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:26:01 »

Where has this ‘the club is skint’ come from?

Just paranoid rumor people are peddling these days based on conjecture in the absence of facts.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:28:14 »

Just paranoid rumor people are peddling these days based on conjecture in the absence of facts.
Wouldn't exactly be shocking if true though would it?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:29:22 »

Did we not just appoint the Chelsea equivalent of him and watch it turn to utter shit?
With the subtle difference that Mason has actually managed the first team, quite successfully in his first caretaker stint

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:31:00 »

Voted for Artell off that list but hoping for someone completely different and inspiring a la Hoddle / Di Canio / Wise
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:32:17 »

Robbie Neilson wouldn't be a bad shout if we could afford him.
DMC

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:33:50 »

No but theres no evidence tbf that it is true either. Just a shitty stick to use really
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:38:01 »

Difficult to rule anything out with this club's history. I do think there is an unreasonable expectation from fans to know too much about such things as budgets and contracts.

If the club had the top budget (which it doesn't), what is there to gain from saying so? It adds pressure and expectation to the players/coaches, it fucks all your contract negotiations, all transfer dealings etc. So what more should be said other than we have a competitive budget for promotion?

The truth is really that people are happy if the players look to be worth the perceived playing budget. This year we spread ourselves thin, had a larger squad (often needed thanks to injury records) but with much lower average quality. Did we really benefit from signing Darcy for example when Aguiar barely played, when last season Aguiar looked decent enough as the back up option, scored more goals than Darcy as well. It was just wasted bodies of no real quality. I don't doubt the budget was higher this season than last, but the way we spent the money makes it worth less.

There is zero evidence Morris walked because he wasn't happy with the budgets, but in this post truth world it doesn't stop people throwing it around and discussing as possible fact.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 19:47:14 »

The point is we're probably never know with disclosures embedded in all sorts of contracts these days.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 20:06:21 »

We can make decent, educated guesses.  The limited accounts produced at least show how much we spend as a total business and that can be compared to other cubs in the Division.

Crewe for example, had a Revenue of 5.7m and spent 5.5m in the year ended 2022.
Bradford had a turnover of 7.3m (including transfer fees received) and reported a loss of 299k, so spent about 7.6m in 2022
Leyton Orient had a turnover of 5.6m and spent 7.8m!!!
FGR had an income of 6.5m and spent 6.5m in 2022 - a lot of that income was Sponsorship/Commercial, which is likely Ecotricity overpaying for Sponsorship
Exeter City had income of 7.9m (1.5m from transfer fees), and spent 6.7m

We brought in 6.5m and spent 6.3m

Without going through them all, we look to have a set of accounts that don't look massively different from the top teams in the Division last year (I included Crewe to see if we are above the mid table gang).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: