Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandro gone  (Read 10334 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:19:39 »

I hope it is Jamie Russell more for the fact he is a really good bloke and i want him to do well. I think the role will be slightly different as well though as Sandro went absoutely fucking rogue in the end. From tactics to broadband bill that cunt wanted to be involved

Anyway, i hope we now get that experienced managed in who doesn't need a DOF as such but allows himto have that title and be that go between between the board and the manager.

My gut feeling is they have realised the fuck up and will now start to address it

You need a DoF so the manager can concentrate on the team, the DoF can look after things that manager does not need to get involved with player contracts, fee's, speaking to other clubs, liaising with scouting team and analysts etc, and be the link between manager and chairman, the DoF should also be the one that is still here should the manager leave.

The role would be different if it was a head coach as you would expect he would have less to do with transfers.

It will be interesting to see which role will be filled first, you would imagine the DoF who would have a rude awakening on his appointment with what is on the to do list
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:40:23 »

You need a DoF so the manager can concentrate on the team, the DoF can look after things that manager does not need to get involved with player contracts, fee's, speaking to other clubs, liaising with scouting team and analysts etc, and be the link between manager and chairman, the DoF should also be the one that is still here should the manager leave.

The role would be different if it was a head coach as you would expect he would have less to do with transfers.

It will be interesting to see which role will be filled first, you would imagine the DoF who would have a rude awakening on his appointment with what is on the to do list

Indeed and Russell sounds (from both his CV and what people say) like a bloody good Academy Manager so why upset the apple cart.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:01:57 »

Think the fact that the players are liking the news of his departure on Instagram speaks volumes.

Haha, who was that?! Anyone like the Morris news...?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:02:31 »

Russel comes across very well, is a real football man and would be a upgrade on SDM.

But he's doing great in academy and has always worked in that field so rather he carried on doing a good job with our academy and we go and get a decent DOF.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:07:38 »

Who’s actually doing the sacking’s ??,  is Clem doing it by email ??.

Isn't this what we have a CE for

..never go back.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 14:26:39 »

Haha, who was that?! Anyone like the Morris news...?
Baudry is the most notable name. You’d imagine he’s been around football long enough to spot a fraud.

As for the Morris one; Darcy & Wakeling at a glance.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:33:23 »

"Boo" on Twitter who has got things right before has suggested that we won't be getting a new DoF and new manager will be in charge of transfers. Making me think more likely to be someone like Flynn if so.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:34:06 »

Old school Pint

So, give no fucks
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:39:31 »

"Boo" on Twitter who has got things right before has suggested that we won't be getting a new DoF and new manager will be in charge of transfers. Making me think more likely to be someone like Flynn if so.

He said in an earlier post that Piccareta appearing on the pitch makes sense now. Wouldn't be against that one. 
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:45:14 »

Like Morris/Lampard question its difficult to know where the talent or lack thereof lay right?

It was thought Morris was the brains behind Lampard, but certainly didnt prove it here. Also as a historic number 2, who are normally criticized about being too close to the players, he certainly seems to have fucked a lot of them off.

So how much do we believe Piccareta was the brains behind PDC? How much do we think he brought? He spoke well at the club a few weeks ago, but damn thats a huge gamble if they go there.

The most important thing is getting a good manager, but there is very much a subtext to the appointment right now of generating excitement, reigniting engagement with the supporters/town etc and i guess shifting season tickets. Not sure how many of the names mentioned tick this box.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:50:51 »

He said in an earlier post that Piccareta appearing on the pitch makes sense now. Wouldn't be against that one. 

God I hope not
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:51:24 »

Like Morris/Lampard question its difficult to know where the talent or lack thereof lay right?

It was thought Morris was the brains behind Lampard, but certainly didnt prove it here. Also as a historic number 2, who are normally criticized about being too close to the players, he certainly seems to have fucked a lot of them off.

He may well have been "the brains" around Lampard. The same Lampard who took Derby from 6th to 6th, got sacked by Chelsea, luckily stayed up with Everton only to be sacked the following year and has lost 5/5 with Chelsea in his second reign. Don't think there's much positive to compare Morris to in that regard  Cheesy
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 15:52:31 »

I assumed it was Town fans on Twitter.

Cheap option I suppose.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:07:24 »

Yeah that's the sort of gamble we need to take now. Bring in the replay who's spent his career setting up youth systems across europe, and whose only experience in England was as the maniac wrangler in the Paolo DiCanio house of lunacy.

I don't think we can afford a season of signing 40 players seemingly at random and then not playing 15 of them ever and signing 10 more during the season.

..never go back.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 16:18:22 »

Yeah that's the sort of gamble we need to take now. Bring in the replay who's spent his career setting up youth systems across europe, and whose only experience in England was as the maniac wrangler in the Paolo DiCanio house of lunacy.

I don't think we can afford a season of signing 40 players seemingly at random and then not playing 15 of them ever and signing 10 more during the season.

What a year that was!!

I think my claim to fame is that i saw one of them play at Cirencester ...the only game he got!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: