Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v St. Evenage match day thread  (Read 16292 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:36:10 »

weird game. They're better than us but we've had some chances and a good penalty shout
Its a frustrating one. They’re bigger, stronger and more experienced. But any time they get in a situation requiring skill and finesse they go to pot. Good job really or they’d be out of sight.

If you need a case study on why this squad is struggling in League Two, this is it. Not writing us off just yet though as we have had glimpses.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:36:32 »

Massive game for Minturn, see how he plays against a half decent forward line, even without his injury Brewitt was struggling to cope with them today.

Brewitt got injured in about the second minute putting a good block in. Not sure how you can say he was struggling before that!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:36:43 »

If you saw him last season against us for Oldham you would think he wouldnt even still be a league player, he looked utterly awful in both games when Oldham were relegated.

He still won every header and managed to score against us (i think) even when playing for the worst team in the league...  Harries/Brennan or Piergianni?  I know who I would go for

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:37:09 »

Unless he is under 21 with sell on potential he won’t be signed

That's whay I said should/could

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:38:24 »

Shock horror - we are being outmuscled.

Khan getting worse every week. Our midfield just doesn’t tick over without Jonny.

Shade is such a frustrating player. Looks great one minute and then pub standard the next.

That said, should be 1-1. Brilliant from RHM and such a poor connection from McE.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:39:03 »

The average age of our side currently on the pitch is 22.4.
We're certainly missing the experience and enterprise of FBT and Williams tonight.

Would bring on Wakeling for Shade  (Hopefully Shade now goes and proves this a wrong call)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:39:42 »

Spent more time watching Piergianni, Sweeney and Bostwick than us. 3 proper experienced and competent CB’s all bellowing out instructions, organising and bollocking mistakes from others, such a far cry from what we’re used to in that position. Wish we’d gone in for Sweeney in the summer when he left FGR.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:40:14 »

is williams dropped, injured or unknown?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:40:34 »

Their keeper's spilled both our shots on target. We're not close enough to him. Get Wakeling on for Shade and I think we can get back in it. Minturn doing ok so far. For me that first shove on McE is a pen. Not sure about the second one. Sorry,but we are missing Williams tonight.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:41:03 »

Stevenage everything we’re not. Organised, nasty and communicate well. Bit of class up top and wow would you believe it, you have a side that gets promoted. Can tell the difference between the two teams every time there’s a throw. Stevenage full of experienced pro’s who organise the side well. Us? Absolute silence. We’ve looked dangerous on the odd occasion but could so easily be 2-0 down.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:41:11 »

Stevenage are a better version of the Flitcroft team we had.  It's a bit like watching effective Rugby, where a team pins the other in for long periods of time.  It's not so much that they are bullying us, more that they just know what to do to keep it there.  There is no need to think - everyone knows their job and trusts each other to do theirs.

I have no problem with us going a different route, just that we did it badly.  As Berni said, we just don't have anything different, no variety, no experience/know how etc.  We are not good enough to dominate teams (as in all over them), so teams like this can soak up a few passes then spring on us and pump us back under pressure.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:41:32 »

Injured.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:41:47 »

Apparently injured

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:42:36 »

Jephcott won’t win a header all night against that lot
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 19:43:00 »

Hutton moaned that fans said he was on the beach. He’s alive when we go forward, he’s fast asleep in the sun when it comes to anything defensive. His reaction time for their goal, and his lack of effort, were very poor. Stevenage look faster, stronger and more determined. But, we might still get something out of it if we can take our chances….
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: