Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Fan in peace  (Read 3391 times)
bluebry

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 19:07:16 »

Hi folks,
Was wondering how the referee performed in your last home game against Mansfield?
He was absolutely shocking in our game against Orient earlier in the season, infact most United fans voted him to to be the most inept official seen at Brunton Park for some considerable time. If you stuck a plank of wood in the middle of the centre circle and told it to referee the game it would have done a better job than a certain Mr Parsons did that day.
Anyway, would be grateful if you could assess his performance for us, we're all hoping he has improved, but I wont be holding my breath.   
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 19:10:09 »

Hello! We've had some absolute shockers and he wasn't one of them as far as I recall. I vaguely remember him getting some bits wrong here and then but the only shitshow that day was our defense I'm afraid to say...
Someone else may have a more detailed memory but certainly no one was baying for the ref's blood at any point.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 19:11:57 »

Most of the inept performances are from our side, let alone the ref.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 20:23:01 »

I thought he actually showed a readiness to play advantage quite well.  Game got held up by a Mansfield player continually needing the trainer in the first half.  But really nothing noteworthy. 

We were powder puff and Mansfield came to play, so an easy game to referee.

Mansfield should have won by more, so perhaps their fans might be less appreciative?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 20:51:52 »

Our own standout idiot this year was a certain Andy Woolmer, who had a shocker for the ages in our early-season draw with Orient.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 20:53:29 »

Worst I've ever seen.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 21:01:15 »

Charles Brakespear and Darren Drysdale are names that always scare me...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 12:57:08 »

Woolmer wasn't even close to the worst refereeing performance I ever saw. That accolade goes to Paul "Danson in the Dark" at a Tuesday night game vs Luton. Danson already had a reputation for being card-happy, but he'd been knocked out the previous Saturday at Crystal Palace, which may have contributed to the most incomprehensible display I've ever seen. Miglioranzi was sent off for juggling the ball while waiting to take a free-kick. Sol Davis was also sent off for them, Mike Newell went for making it clear the ref wasn't fit for the job, then Danson had a penalty retaken for reasons no one understood after Rhys Evans had saved the first attempt.

I'd say he was in a league of his own, but I only wish he was.

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/7304567.unbelievable/
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 14:03:09 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 13:18:12 »

Rob Styles vs Bristol Rovers was a fun one as well, I think there were four red cards from memory...

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/1858000.clash-of-styles-with-premier-refs/
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 13:29:30 »

Dennis Wise wasn't a big fan of Andy D'Urso if I recall.

Agree with RF that Paul Danson does stand out.
Not going to pin it all on possible concussion as there was already a reputation for eccentricity I think.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 15:50:37 »

One of the bad ones was a certain Neil Midgley whe we played Wolves in the second leg of the League Cup at Molineaux. Disallowed a perfectly good goal which would have put us 3-1 up, let Emlyn Hughes run the game for him and then let Bradshaw the goalkeeper inflict grevious bodily harm on Alan Mayes without sending him off. Hated him for years.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 16:03:06 »

One of the bad ones was a certain Neil Midgley whe we played Wolves in the second leg of the League Cup at Molineaux. Disallowed a perfectly good goal which would have put us 3-1 up, let Emlyn Hughes run the game for him and then let Bradshaw the goalkeeper inflict grevious bodily harm on Alan Mayes without sending him off. Hated him for years.

My old man still goes on about that night.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 16:07:46 »

Charles Brakespear and Darren Drysdale are names that always scare me...
You'll be pleased to know we have Mr Drysdale on Tuesday!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 16:10:45 »

Oh FFS...

I remember him away at Orient last year. Total prick. One of only 3 games I've ever left early.

We can chalk it down as a loss already then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 17:02:38 »

Quote from: adje

we'll never win now...

oh wait
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: