Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19336 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:55:05 »

Mention the weasel & spineless mentality we seem to have this season alot. It persists. Bottom of the table dross, bottom of the fucking 92 and we’re going 4 4. They deserved it. Thought defence was really poor today (incredible analysis given we conceded 4). Huttons 100% a goner. 8 assists for the season which is unreal but get the feeling he’s checked out. Thought Darcy started really well and finished ok (ideally scores one of the chances) but was nowhere for their second goal (yes it was a rocket) and a rancid pass to assist them for the 3rd. Midfield been lacking bite all season - still does. RHM started well, shoudla buried that chance end of first half. Austin’s 4th some goal. Get ball in box- Austin scores- imagine the shock. Good on him. 4 is top tier.

Fair play to the 400 odd that travelled, last season @ Dale was horrendous and had no appetite for it this season, this club really doesn’t deserve the support it’s had away from home this season. Half of the squad dross. I know it upsets a few when sweet Prince sandro is mentioned, but this all comes back to the model and recruitment. Best players we have aren’t from the “model”.  Also time for Morris to start taking some blame, shouldn’t be shipping 4 at Rochdale. I fully believe he’s the right man, providing he’s backed. Season over. Go again in August. It’s the hope that kills you.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:57:43 by MangoRed » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:58:13 »

Spot on. Until the powers that be at the club recognise this we aren’t going up next season either, or the season after

You don’t get out of this shithole of a division with zero physicality or height in the side

Spot on, just like the team Wellens assembled in 2019/20

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 23:25:57 »

Wrexham next season not sure if you've been to the Racecourse ground before (Arena Stadium)

At least 5 times.
They will be the favourites. Mind you I tipped Stockport this season thus what do I know.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 23:29:08 »

Mention the weasel & spineless mentality we seem to have this season alot. It persists. Bottom of the table dross, bottom of the fucking 92 and we’re going 4 4. They deserved it. Thought defence was really poor today (incredible analysis given we conceded 4). Huttons 100% a goner. 8 assists for the season which is unreal but get the feeling he’s checked out. Thought Darcy started really well and finished ok (ideally scores one of the chances) but was nowhere for their second goal (yes it was a rocket) and a rancid pass to assist them for the 3rd. Midfield been lacking bite all season - still does. RHM started well, shoudla buried that chance end of first half. Austin’s 4th some goal. Get ball in box- Austin scores- imagine the shock. Good on him. 4 is top tier.

Fair play to the 400 odd that travelled, last season @ Dale was horrendous and had no appetite for it this season, this club really doesn’t deserve the support it’s had away from home this season. Half of the squad dross. I know it upsets a few when sweet Prince sandro is mentioned, but this all comes back to the model and recruitment. Best players we have aren’t from the “model”.  Also time for Morris to start taking some blame, shouldn’t be shipping 4 at Rochdale. I fully believe he’s the right man, providing he’s backed. Season over. Go again in August. It’s the hope that kills you.

The voice of reason.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 07:04:13 »

Austin moves up to joint 35th on the all time list.
Five more goals to break into the top 30 & go level with Peter Eastoe on 50.

Come on Charlie you can do it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 07:12:15 »

Austin moves up to joint 35th on the all time list.
Five more goals to break into the top 30 & go level with Peter Eastoe on 50.

Come on Charlie you can do it.

More telling (certainly about Lindsey’s tenure here) is that he must be this season top goal scorer now?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 07:16:04 »

Equal with Williams, about a third of the minutes played
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #412 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 09:59:21 »

More telling (certainly about Lindsey’s tenure here) is that he must be this season top goal scorer now?

Top scorer is still Wakeling
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 10:00:03 »

“Midfield nowhere to be seen as to wanting to get on the ball” . “Losing 5-4 wouldn’t of been the worst thing for them to take”
“Poor, Feels like a loss”. “Don’t care about the point, care about the amount of rubbish we had to watch”.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 10:43:02 »

Often question the sanity.
It’s an expensive hobby. It’s not just the 90 minutes mind, if it was I would have given up a long time ago. You meet some cracking people on the travels and lads that you have got to know over years of supporting Swindon.
Thts not strictly true mate, you don't question your sanity, you will go even if we are in the Conference South after double relegations, many fans will as well, its what fans do for their team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 13:19:15 »

Crude maths and guesswork I know but hear me out: I don't think it is inconceivable that we lose approx 1,000 season ticket holders from last season assuming we finish in mid-table. They won't all be full price tickets, but let's average that out at maybe £300,000 in lost income.

At absolute best we might have made £150,000 on Reed and Gladwin (Crawley may have spent silly money), but probably closer to £100,000.

I know they both blew hot and cold but that seems an insane, short-sighted gamble to have made. I think with those two in the squad we'd be in better shape, and still in the playoff mix.

January 2023 will go down as an all-time Swindon omnishambles.

Another point that needs reviewing is our success, or lack thereof, in the loan market this year. It was clear to anyone with a brain that SDM, Lindsey and Day was a combination woefully lacking in top-level football contacts and I think that has really shown. At least one loan star has been a feature of every good Swindon side in recent years. Compare and contrast this season's clown show with Garner/Chorley. I think Brynn can be judged as a success on balance but I actually think he's been a huge factor in our recent downturn. Zero command of the box and no confidence coming for a ball. That goal at Sutton where he wanted a foul was embarrassing from a GK perspective. But he's the best of the bunch but he's no Benda/Wes. We won't have this issue with Morris going forward, I'm certain.

All of the above is on SDM. His performance has been farcical, and that is before you get onto his famous interview. He isn't even good at PR, which is the only thing he has a background in. The whole thing is baffling and if Clem has anything about him he will end this experiment the second the playoffs are mathematically impossible. I want to see a picture of a corner flag on social media and a statement saying he's gone and Morris/Brand have full control.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 13:58:13 »

I agree. Good post
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 18:28:31 »

All of the above is on SDM. His performance has been farcical, and that is before you get onto his famous interview. He isn't even good at PR, which is the only thing he has a background in. The whole thing is baffling and if Clem has anything about him he will end this experiment the second the playoffs are mathematically impossible. I want to see a picture of a corner flag on social media and a statement saying he's gone and Morris/Brand have full control.

Absolutely this. The recruitment has been farcically bad- surely any businessman must see things have to change in this area

[/quote]
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, March 19, 2023, 19:04:00 »

Crude maths and guesswork I know but hear me out: I don't think it is inconceivable that we lose approx 1,000 season ticket holders from last season assuming we finish in mid-table. They won't all be full price tickets, but let's average that out at maybe £300,000 in lost income.

At absolute best we might have made £150,000 on Reed and Gladwin (Crawley may have spent silly money), but probably closer to £100,000.

I know they both blew hot and cold but that seems an insane, short-sighted gamble to have made. I think with those two in the squad we'd be in better shape, and still in the playoff mix.

January 2023 will go down as an all-time Swindon omnishambles.

Another point that needs reviewing is our success, or lack thereof, in the loan market this year. It was clear to anyone with a brain that SDM, Lindsey and Day was a combination woefully lacking in top-level football contacts and I think that has really shown. At least one loan star has been a feature of every good Swindon side in recent years. Compare and contrast this season's clown show with Garner/Chorley. I think Brynn can be judged as a success on balance but I actually think he's been a huge factor in our recent downturn. Zero command of the box and no confidence coming for a ball. That goal at Sutton where he wanted a foul was embarrassing from a GK perspective. But he's the best of the bunch but he's no Benda/Wes. We won't have this issue with Morris going forward, I'm certain.

Brilliant post. Completely agree.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 09:29:01 »

Well done Bobs Orange must have had inside information, probably the only one who had it down for a draw, think that puts him top.

haha. No inside information mate, just had an inkling with Rochdale fighting to stay in the division and us not being particularly good that we would 'sneak' a draw. I didn't anticipate it quite being the exciting rollercoaster that it was! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: