Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:17:50)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton - 1 (2.2%)
Tom Brewitt - 23 (51.1%)
Harrison Minturn (sub 65) - 1 (2.2%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 78) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2.2%)
Jake Cain (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
George not Josh McEachran - 18 (40%)
Jonny Williams - 1 (2.2%)
Charlie Austin (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (on 78) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle MoM Thread  (Read 3313 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:03:12 »

As an aside, Hutton has really fallen off but I'd be curious to see him as a Nathan Byrne type wide of a front three. That might help Austin.
I have suggested months ago a few times that I see Hutton as more of a winger than a defender but was shot down by some, I would agree though, hes far more dangerous in the opponents half than useful in our own half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:03:36 »

Thing is who else is going to bag a few? Morris said yesterday on the radio as I was on my way in, that he’d had words with Jephcott along the lines of needing to do more work. Others may put some more flesh on the bones as to what he said.

Jephcott is a strange one as he had a decent scoring record at Plymouth but has shown nothing here and basically wasted a season here on loan. Austin we all know will score goals if he's given chances in the box but I do wonder if his personality will clash with Morris behind the scenes.

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:12:17 »

Jephcott is a strange one as he had a decent scoring record at Plymouth but has shown nothing here and basically wasted a season here on loan. Austin we all know will score goals if he's given chances in the box but I do wonder if his personality will clash with Morris behind the scenes.
To be fair 5 goals from 15 starts ain't too bad

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:23:16 »

To be fair 5 goals from 15 starts ain't too bad

Not bad stats but he got 33 in 106 games for Plymouth which suggest there is a decent player in there somewhere but for whatever reason Lindsey and now Morris don't seem to want to play him.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 12:25:05 »

I said after Orient that I don't think Austin suits the way JM wants to play, my thoughts haven't changed after yesterday unfortunately.

I'm worried this might be the case but I don't think our defensive issues are helping at the moment. We're under the kosh more than we should be and he's dropping deep to help out.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:05:36 »

I'm worried this might be the case but I don't think our defensive issues are helping at the moment. We're under the kosh more than we should be and he's dropping deep to help out.

It's a bit 'Harry Kane' where he drops very deep to get involved. As captain he obviously feels responsible and the effort is there as always, it just feels a bit 'clunky' when Austin is doing it. Perhaps it will change when JM is able to field a side free of injury and suspension.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:23:02 »

I don't like it much when Kane does it for England either really. You always end up creating a chance and your top striker is nowhere to be seen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 13:28:04 »

The only difference with Kane he has got a decent pass in his repertoire and quite often makes things happen if he does come short looking for the ball.

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 17:41:54 »

I think You are right there. I think personally once all fit we will see Austin back up top, i don't think RHM is disciplined enough to play any other role apart from up top on his own out the way
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:30:45 »

It's not in any way scientific or representative, but Tom Brewitt has now got more votes in this one game (his debut) than St. Angus of MacDonald received in his 16 appearances for Town in total...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 13, 2023, 14:56:53 »

It's not in any way scientific or representative, but Tom Brewitt has now got more votes in this one game (his debut) than St. Angus of MacDonald received in his 16 appearances for Town in total...
Not scientific maybe but significant, hopefully

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: