Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:17:50)
Sol Brynn - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton - 1 (2.2%)
Tom Brewitt - 23 (51.1%)
Harrison Minturn (sub 65) - 1 (2.2%)
Jacob Wakeling (sub 78) - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 1 (2.2%)
Jake Cain (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
George not Josh McEachran - 18 (40%)
Jonny Williams - 1 (2.2%)
Charlie Austin (sub 65) - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 0 (0%)
Tyrese Shade (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Ronan Darcy (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Marcel Lavinier (on 65) - 0 (0%)
Luke Jephcott (on 78) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle MoM Thread  (Read 3306 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:17:50 »

An absolute gut punch at the end. Our play deserved better, but architects of our own downfall.

Apologies for the delay in getting this posted, watching on a 20 minute delay!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:19:57 »

The end was shit but there were plenty of candidates today. McEachran good as ever, think both Hutton and Williams had their best game for months, the three central defenders all looked good, especially Brewitt on debut and RHM and an out of position Wakeling both caused them problems. Oh, and the first three subs helped. Only really Austin that disappointed.

I'll go Brewitt, for overachievement vs expectations. If he and McEachran are the standard of players you can get outside the window then perhaps we shouldn't bother with January at all!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:52:07 »

Nice to see Shade get a goal and was a good tactical change.

Hutton played closer to his optimum so possible he's had an epiphany and realised if he plays to his level, he'll get just rewards.

RH-M, Brewitt, Clayton all get special mentions despite the defensive error/poor decisions at the end.

McEachran though for such a ball playing CM, he also does so much off the ball. Passing numbers are up there with Championship levels. There's a feeling you get a couple more like him, blended with some more experience and Town should pretty much walk this dog shite division.

Yep McEachran for me.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 17:58:16 »

Brewitt for me, seems to be eactly the type of defencer we have needed at CB all season, no nonsense at times and likes a tackle and header but can still pass a ball.

I thought other than his miss RHM had another storming game as did GnotJ McEachran. Shade looked lively when he came on. Clayton also excellent as was lavinier when he came on.

Williams poor 2nd half, Austin poor all game but playing way out of position and Hutton poor most of the game too, hes just not been as good since deadline day. Cain shows some good but currently a bit more poor than good in a Town shirt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:00:36 »

Probably controversial amongst posters but don't think Williams is contributing enough considering he has a wealth of experience and is now injury free.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:03:29 »

Probably controversial amongst posters but don't think Williams is contributing enough considering he has a wealth of experience and is now injury free.

It might just be his usual disposition but he looked dead behind the eyes in the Pre match Interview. Possible and likely he goes at the end of the season. I can't see how him staying in L2 is good for his career at this stage. Obviously the intent was probably to get promoted with Town but as that looks unlikely he'll probably be playing L1 footy next season. Along with Austin and Hutton (that's a given).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:03:42 »

He is what he is. He’s a talented, awkward player at this level but it’s not his fault that he’s a bit of a luxury in a team that needs a bit more beef in midfield.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:05:04 »

He is what he is. He’s a talented, awkward player at this level but it’s not his fault that he’s a bit of a luxury in a team that needs a bit more beef in midfield.

That's the problem us fans can see that the midfield is too lightweight but it hasn't been addressed.

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:10:36 »

Opinions like arseholes etc. but I thought Williams had his best game since the WC today. There was a turn through the press in the first half that was utterly sublime, and a lot of linking up play on our attacks, in addition to his usual winning of free kicks all over the place.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:11:43 »

That's the problem us fans can see that the midfield is too lightweight but it hasn't been addressed.

So you don’t rate Lindsey. I agree. And Morris was barely in place by deadline day. I think we’re paying the price for last summer’s managerial appointment and the time it took to get Morris in. So we have to write off this season and trust Jody to impose his style in the summer.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:17:52 »

So you don’t rate Lindsey. I agree. And Morris was barely in place by deadline day. I think we’re paying the price for last summer’s managerial appointment and the time it took to get Morris in. So we have to write off this season and trust Jody to impose his style in the summer.

Spot on, I didn't rate Lindsey and don't hold any blame towards Morris and excited for next season if he is allowed to get in his own players.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:19:20 »

Opinions like arseholes etc. but I thought Williams had his best game since the WC today. There was a turn through the press in the first half that was utterly sublime, and a lot of linking up play on our attacks, in addition to his usual winning of free kicks all over the place.

I didn't see the game today only caught snippets on the radio so will take your comments on board about Williams best performance since the World Cup of which I was talking about generally.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:22:52 »

I thought Williams was one of better players today alongside Brewitt, Clayton, Hutton and McEachran (who i gave MOTM to)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:23:42 »

Yep

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 18:25:27 »

I thought Williams was one of better players today alongside Brewitt, Clayton, Hutton and McEachran (who i gave MOTM to)

Are we not getting the ball in the box to give Austin any chances as he's dropping too deep?

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: